Richie Incognito Arrested in Arizona for Disorderly Conduct and Making Threats

So sad to see him coming unhinged. With his Dad passing, i'm sure his trigger points are pretty raw. I hope he gets some help ASAP because this doesnt look like there is a happy ending for the guy.  

• Like (+1) 1

PFT seemed to bury the lead by not tweeting that it was at his father's funeral.

I have no idea what happened, but I do know that losing your dad is raw and very emotional.  It was for me.  Still is.

Edited by Peter
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, buffalostu2 said:

Probably should go easy on him this week.  I believe he tweeted that his father (veteran) died just a couple days ago.

Add into this he lost Tony Sparano who he was reported to be very close with.  That can trigger a ton of emotion. Add in his career pretty much ending plus stuff we don't know about...yea Cogs needs some help.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

It is sad.  I have to start questioning where are his family and friends?

He needs them to step up and help him.

Probably at the funeral he was arrested at.

This guy is a walking case study of the failure of our mental health system. He can refuse help as long as he wants to and there is very little anyone can do.

• Like (+1) 3

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Richie Incognito Arrested in Arizona for Disorderly Conduct and Making Threats
9 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

It's his fathers funeral for christ sake.

So much drama in the TBD.

8 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Disorderly conduct and threats....AT A FUNERAL HOME??

Damn...

Edit: Just read it was his dads funeral....that's tough.

Thoughts are with you Richie

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

At his father’s funeral? The last thing he needs is more stress. Praying he can get this worked out. 

It was at the funeral home where Incongnito was working on planning his father's services; he died over the weekend.

Made a gun gesture to employees.  Said he had guns in his vehicle.  Turns out, he did.  Sad situation.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/21/richie-incognito-arrested-for-disorderly-conduct-threats/

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

It's his fathers funeral for christ sake.

So much drama in the TBD.

It seems to me Ritchie is creating the drama not TBD.

The Scottsdale, Arizona police department has confirmed that Incognito was arrested Monday on counts of disorderly conduct and threats arising from an incident at Messingers Funeral Home in Scottsdale. As of this posting, Incognito remains in custody.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Incognito allegedly created a disturbance by “acting erratically and making the employees feel incredibly uncomfortable” while handling arrangements for his late father. Incognito allegedly made a gun gesture toward one of the employees, and he said that he has guns in his truck.

According to the source, weapons were indeed in his truck, and the weapons were impounded.

17 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He's dealing with mental illness.  If you find that funny, then you and I just have different senses of humor.  

No, I don't think mental illness is funny, and it wasn't reported in the OP that it was at his father's funeral.  That is sad, and I feel genuine sympathy for him.

Then again I don't know Richie personally,  nor do I know for certain that he actually suffers from mental illness, beyond the conjecture of the resident psychologists claiming so on this board.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, R Y G A R said:

Pulling for the guy. Seemed to have it under control when he was with the Bills.

Being around Eric Wood and Kyle Williams helped keep him in check.  He was friends, to some extent, with Eric Wood.