Seahawks offered 2nd rd pick for Brissett and Colts declined?

YoloinOhio

The Bills played against Brisette twice.

Shut him out once and nearly shut him out again.

Personally, I don’t see anything that even says starting QB when I have watched the guy but I’m no talent evaluator.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, metzelaars_lives said:

Jacoby Brissett is a hell of a backup QB and is about as likely to get called into action as any backup QB in the league.  I wouldn’t have traded him either.  Then if you do, you’re the team sitting there with no backup QB as the Seahawks are now.

...never quite under stood Belichick's dual "unload"...sure Jimmy was going to get paid, but why not Jacoby around a bit longer?...........

24 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

The Bills played against Brisette twice.

Shut him out once and nearly shut him out again.

Personally, I don’t see anything that even says starting QB when I have watched the guy but I’m no talent evaluator.

To be fair, once he had a broken thumb and the other time it was a blizzard. But still a 2nd is too high for a guy who hasn’t shown consistent quality starter level play to this point. 

Well, Briskett seem like a similar type of QB to Wilson-- just not nearly as good.

And, I guess the Colts feel like they've invested too much time in Briskett, and are happy with his fit in their scheme? Bringing someone else up to speed at this point would be a lot of.. work...

57 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I guess Indy wasn't kidding when they said they weren't interested in trading Brissett. A 2nd is a great offer.

But on the other hand, you've been without Luck for years now. And even if you're confident he's good to go - you have to want a good insurance policy in place if you're the Colts.

I agree my first thought was that they are still worried about Luck being fully back and lasting the season. I guess from my standpoint, if Luck still isn’t back to himself they need to move on and just draft one next year. Brissett isn’t a real replacement for Luck. Take the 2nd rd pick and use it to trade up if needed to take a QB next year. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm in the minority in that I cheer for the Hawks as my NFC squad. There were 5 years of glory for that organization where the entire league aimed to pillage their FO and coaching staff. And, they did and now they are in a horrible place in both areas. If this rumour is true, then Paul Allen needs to clean house and find himself a regime worth paying because these guys have been revealed as being clueless.

5 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Yeah, but why would Seattle even offer up a second rounder for Brissett? Guy isn't that good. Plus Wilson has been pretty durable.

Schottenheimer obviously disagrees with you and convinced the Hawks front office of the same. Let’s face it he knows more than you. And apparently Indy would not even take a 1st for Brissett if offered. So they think highly of him as well.

7 hours ago, Doc said:

I was looking at it more like "why would the Seahawks be will willing to trade a mid-2nd rounder for a QB when they have Wilson and tons of other needs?"

That was my first thought as well. 

Has Wilson ever even missed a game to injury? Looking at NFL.com, it appears he has started all 16 games in every one of his 6yrs in the NFL. 

it would take every other teams second round pick to undo the damage wrought by the idiot Ryan Grigson. He makes Matt Millen look like Bill Polian.

This essentially establishes Brissett as having a starters worth.

So I guess we could get a 3 for Peterman? If we start Allen, we should set a similar market for AJ