Seahawks offered 2nd rd pick for Brissett and Colts declined?

YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

Because Andrew Luck is their starter and he isn’t entirely reliable 

While I would agree he is unreliable as far as health goes they pretty much do not stand a chance if he gets hurt anyway, whether the backup is Brissett or someone else.  Might as well get an extra 2nd round pick for him.

2 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Schottenheimer obviously disagrees with you and convinced the Hawks front office of the same. Let’s face it he knows more than you. And apparently Indy would not even take a 1st for Brissett if offered. So they think highly of him as well.

Coaches and GM's get evaluations on players wrong all the time. Browns were about to trade a second or third rounder for McCarron until the paper work got screwed up. That's just one of many instances teams have looked to overpay with picks or money for a player.

24 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Coaches and GM's get evaluations on players wrong all the time. Browns were about to trade a second or third rounder for McCarron until the paper work got screwed up. That's just one of many instances teams have looked to overpay with picks or money for a player.

Never said coaches and GMs never get anything wrong. They still can evaluate players’ values better than any of us. To presume to know Brissett’s value better than his OC is fantasy.

Brissett played competently last year while in for Luck. The Colts just could not hang on to leads to save their lives. Both the Colts and Hawks (not to mention the Pats, who drafted him) obviously see it. 

But nah I believe a rando Bills fan instead telling me the price is “too high.” Lol

15 hours ago, Doc said:

So they were willing to give up a 2020 2nd round pick for a one-year rental at quarterback?  Something coming down the pike maybe? 

Because Wilson is about to become a Miami Dolphin in exchange for a number 1, and two number 2s.

i completely just made that up and it is based on nothing.

let’s see how long before it ends up on NFL Total Access.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

1 hour ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Never said coaches and GMs never get anything wrong. They still can evaluate players’ values better than any of us. To presume to know Brissett’s value better than his OC is fantasy.

Brissett played competently last year while in for Luck. The Colts just could not hang on to leads to save their lives. Both the Colts and Hawks (not to mention the Pats, who drafted him) obviously see it. 

But nah I believe a rando Bills fan instead telling me the price is “too high.” Lol

It's a total crap shoot. 

50/50 the professional evaluator is right and 50/50 some fan on the street is right.  Not to mention their is the grey area where both sides could make an argument that they were right and the other was wrong. It's no different then trying to make the right draft pick.

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Because Wilson is about to become a Miami Dolphin in exchange for a number 1, and two number 2s.

i completely just made that up and it is based on nothing.

let’s see how long before it ends up on NFL All Access.

if it's on the internet it must be true

• Thank you (+1) 1

I’d guess because the Eagles and Pats* have shown how valuable it is to have a good 2nd string qb who can win games and is comfortable in the system. Not saying they shouldn’t have pulled the trigger but it’s certainly understandable why they didn’t.