OKTC recaps the 2013 preseason hype of EJ Manuel

14 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

What I remember most about EJ is how odd his throwing was...the front point of the football always seemed to be the lowest part of the ball as he released it. So weird.

EJ's failure was to throw the short passes.  He would constantly overthrow the RB or the receiver and not give them an opportunity to make a play.

10 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

Uhhh, let's not poke too much fun at Warren Sapp. 

After all, Manuel led successful drives with near perfection percentage-wise.

Focus here should be drawn on this guy:

Finally, the Bills have their QB in @EJManuel3.

— Adam Schein (@AdamSchein) August 12, 2013

That's the guy declaring Josh Allen the "next Carson Wentz".

Isnt he the same guy that goes on and on and on about how terrible Nathan Peterman is?

17 hours ago, eball said:

Meh.  We're fans, we're supposed to be optimistic.  If I had a nickel for every Buffalo Bill I thought would be good -- and wasn't -- I'd be able to buy myself a cold beer at a local watering hole.

The whole brewery, actually...

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

His best wow plays were the TD to Stevie on his debut vs the Patriots and the TD to Easley in the Jags game. I was right on the line of that pass. It was an absolute beauty. They are the only two I can remember. 

Those weren't wow plays. Especially not the TD to Stevie. He was as wide open as you can be. And are we thinking of the same Easley TD?

That's a standard deep TD in the NFL. That is a competent play. It isn't special like the McCloud TD. Even Tyrod had a few special plays in his time here but they were all with his legs, not his arm. Josh Allen is the first QB we've had in a while that can make plays with his arm that only a few other QBs in the league can make.

Edited by HappyDays

35 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The whole brewery, actually...

Nah, I think I'm right on.  A beer is about $6 -- that's 120 nickels.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

His best wow plays were the TD to Stevie on his debut vs the Patriots and the TD to Easley in the Jags game. I was right on the line of that pass. It was an absolute beauty. They are the only two I can remember. 

The Easley throw was pretty, but not exactly "wow" in my opinion...his TD to Woods at the end of the first half in that same game was actually a more impressive throw and catch.

Edited by eball

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

So if EJ has been developed by say a Bill Walsh ,  he would have been the next Joe Montana and Steve Young ?

I'm not saying that. I dont think there was a true plan in place. Besides let him sit behind Kevin Kolb. Once that fail through it was like meh throw him in there. Than they go get Kyle Orton the next year and bench EJ which messed with EJ's psyche. I'm not a EJ excuse maker by all means. I just see the difference between the 2 coaching staffs plans to develop their young QB

Edited by BBills88

42 minutes ago, eball said:

The Easley throw was pretty, but not exactly "wow" in my opinion...his TD to Woods at the end of the first half in that same game was actually a more impressive throw and catch.

I am maybe influenced by the fact I was there and it was a "wow" throw compared to any other throw either Quarterback made that day ?

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BBills88 said:

I'm not saying that. I dont think there was a true plan in place. Besides let him sit behind Kevin Kolb. Once that fail through it was like meh throw him in there. Than they go get Kyle Orton the next year and bench EJ which messed with EJ's psyche. I'm not a EJ excuse maker by all means. I just see the difference between the 2 coaching staffs plans to develop their young QB

That is a fair position on the Kolb plan .  EJ himself hasn't shown any improvement after moving on from Marrone and co.    At this point,  I think he is 3rd string on the Raiders behind Connor Cook?        

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

That is a fair position on the Kolb plan .  EJ himself hasn't shown any improvement after moving on from Marrone and co.    At this point,  I think he is 3rd string on the Raiders behind Connor Cook?        

He is on the pre-season depth chart, yep.  

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Those weren't wow plays. Especially not the TD to Stevie. He was as wide open as you can be. And are we thinking of the same Easley TD?

That's a standard deep TD in the NFL. That is a competent play. It isn't special like the McCloud TD. Even Tyrod had a few special plays in his time here but they were all with his legs, not his arm. Josh Allen is the first QB we've had in a while that can make plays with his arm that only a few other QBs in the league can make.

I think they are EJ's two best TD throws as a Bill. Whether you call them "wow throws" which doesn't have any definition or not doesn't really make much difference. When I think of memorable EJ touchdown passes they are the two that come to mind. Allen's best throw last week for me was not the TD throw (that was an arm strength ball that showed off he has a gun - but we already knew that).  His best throw and the one that really made me go "wow" was the throw to McCloud coming across the middle, which was the right process, right decision, good footwork, great arm strength and great ball placement. If we get that Josh Allen consistently then we will win Superbowls with him. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Same thing's going to happen to Josh Allen: flashes of competence, if not future greatness.  Then a bad game or two.  Then benched.  Then given up on.

It's the Buffalo Way.

You're an idiot.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
19 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

"Warren Sapp on NFL Network: EJ Manuel has command and control of this offense like no rookie I've seen"

LOL

Yes it is a very scary read since i was so impressed with Allen.

When Warren Sapp make declarations like this,  you have to know the opposite is almost always.  Just a dumb person and complete trash as a human being.  

12 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

I'd say he's got most of the fanbase pegged.

Well...who's the last QB the Bills drafted and developed?  Joe frickin' Ferguson.  

47, 48 years since they last developed a rookie QB?

8 hours ago, ganesh said:

EJ's failure was to throw the short passes.  He would constantly overthrow the RB or the receiver and not give them an opportunity to make a play.

Dude couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn from 10 yards away. Seriously like the only pass that maybe a regular guy could make were the ones he struggled most with.

Josh Allen is his own entity and a unique beast. 

Allen could be a guy who passes under 60% but is a superstar. 

I mean, if the dude misses two passes and then rifles in a deep pass to move the sticks do you care about the first two incompletions? 

Its too early to know what he is. I just hope he can throw a screen pass because EJ never could.