Josh Allen ain’t bad

For some on this board and their obvious NFL expertise over the likes of Jim Miller and Phill Simms I was waiting for a stuttering idiot that was supposed to be the next Jamarcus Russell and what I saw was a kid who needs time but man this kid with a little refinement looks like a damn good prospect

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

I had to listen on WGR radio stream but sounded like the kid made some impressive throws and reads.  He is soon to be The Guy.

You streamed WGR 550 during the game?  Hmmm.  It wouldn't work for me. 

5 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

For some on this board and their obvious NFL expertise over the likes of Jim Miller and Phill Simms I was waiting for a stuttering idiot that was supposed to be the next Jamarcus Russell and what I saw was a kid who needs time but man this kid with a little refinement looks like a damn good prospect

Today was proof he isn't ready to start, but he's clearly a talent worth developing. Once he learns the game he will be unstoppable... assuming we have receivers who can keep up.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Today was proof he isn't ready to start, but he's clearly a talent with developing. Once he learns the game he will be unstoppable... assuming we have receivers who can keep up.

It’s an easy thing to say when Peterman and AJM play lights out. Folks will be singing a different tune as soon as those two show how “average” they really are.

It almost sucks that both played so well tonight because seeing Allen with the 1’s or 2’s would give us more insight and that’s not going to happen next week. 

Allen needs to improve each week, he was patient in the pocket but things need to develop faster. Tough to tell if that was him, the WRs or both.

Foster did himself no favors nor his QB. If you want to make the team you have to lay out for that ball, instead he throws up the mitts in a half baked attempt. 

• Like (+1) 7

2 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

It’s an easy thing to say when Peterman and AJM play lights out. Folks will be singing a different tune as soon as those two show how “average” they really are.

It almost sucks that both played so well tonight because seeing Allen with the 1’s or 2’s would give us more insight and that’s not going to happen next week. 

Allen needs to improve each week, he was patient in the pocket but things need to develop faster. Tough to tell if that was him, the WRs or both.

Foster did himself no favors nor his QB. If you want to make the team you have to lay out for that ball, instead he throws up the mitts in a half baked attempt. 

This post is the epitome of common sense. Great job :thumbsup:

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I mean, he's exactly what both his detractors & supporters say he is...raw, strong arm, and has accuracy problems. Needs a lot of improvement, but has promise.

• Like (+1) 1

Allen wasn’t the incompetent, bumbling, inaccurate fool I was half expecting him to be....based on some of the “experts”.  He definitely has some tools and didn’t look overwhelmed out there.  Kinda saw a little Carson Wentz in his game.  All in all, he won’t be starting right away but the future looks good.

5 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Very well said. I completely agree.

8 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Yep!!!

JA will have rough patches but he looks the part of someone who the game is not “too big” for.

Thinking back to last year's preseason, I'd say Peterman was maybe a 4 and Tyrod was a 6, just based on what I remember. After only one week, I figure you have to grade Peterman and mcCaron ats 9s, and JA as a 6. Still not a lot of data, but in general, Im genuinely encouraged. Id rather see good play than bad play in the preseason even if it doesnt mean a lot.

12 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I was thinking Allen would be #2 next week ...or hoping.