Josh Allen ain’t bad

1 minute ago, B Fan in LA said:

I think Josh Allen comfortably compares with Kyle Orton.

Big arm...........lot's of inaccurate throws................every once in awhile a great throw..........

Bottom line, we lose the game.................

I think it's too early to compare Allen with anybody yet, but Orton is not somebody I would go with.  If he had the arm Allen has he wouldn't of been drafted in the 4th round.  Also, not as athletic as Allen.  Plus, he went 7-5 as our starter and if Bryce Brown in the Chiefs game held onto the damn ball we would of went 10-6 and probably made the playoffs.

1 hour ago, beerme1 said:

And since I'm anti Tyrod crowd, I gotta give it up to him for his escape ability. He was great at scrambling but as I mentioned in a previous comment, he never saw a wide open guy downfield when he was scrambling. Oh well he'? we don't need to dwell on that and of course we wish him the best. 

But you will anyway in a Josh Allen thread. :)

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

????????????

You can't be serious?!?!

He looked like that in college... bad foot work, over thrown balls...late decision making. But out of nowhere... he'll make a few throws that will "Wow" you...

Allen is a project, he was a project during college, coming out of college... & nothing has change. He has a little talent... but was he worth a 1st like the 5 experts thought? Heck no!

Other experts like Bucky Brooks, DJ, Charles Davis, heck our own best reporters, Sal, Joe B, Fairburn, ect... all said he should be a 2nd rd pick, but given the position it's not going to happen.

That's what people got confused on. Just cause he was projected to go in the 1st doesnt mean he was suppose to go in the 1st. Projects like Allen shouldn't sniff the 1st... but it's a QB league..& this stuff happens.

This is why something's I love what McBeane has done & some things I don't. 

Like, what made then not want Deshaun Watson??? What made him not worth the 11th pick 2 years ago? Yet, the Pegula's went gushing over Allen??? How you not gush over Watson??? 

But hey drafting Allen was bold... & like I've said... "Its a bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off"

EJ & JP looked better then Allen in their preseason games... that's facts...not being negative 

Hey, I loved Watson too, but I get it. They had a GM that was already a goner, knew it and didn’t want to saddle a new GM with someone’s else’s QB pick. Not every GM was high on Watson, so it was just a matter of bad circumstance. 2018 was widely considered to be a better QB year, and the team wasn’t expected to do well in 2017. So a high pick seemed likely. Stuff happens while you’re making other plans. They’ll give Allen a chance to show he can be a QB before deciding that he can’t. 

35 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I think it's too early to compare Allen with anybody yet, but Orton is not somebody I would go with.  If he had the arm Allen has he wouldn't of been drafted in the 4th round.  Also, not as athletic as Allen. 

I agree, Orton was not as athletic as Allen, so it was a bad comparison on my part.

But the only reason I can see that we drafted Allen with the 7th pick, is because we have a brand new front office,

eager to find a gem in the rough, like Tom Brady, and forever set themselves apart from the pack.

I'm wasn't sold on Josh Allen as the best 7th pick, and this game didn't do anything to alleviate my fears.

Yes, he was playing with the 3rds. but he is uncomfortably inaccurate with many of his throws.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, B Fan in LA said:

I agree, Orton was not as athletic as Allen, so it was a bad comparison on my part.

But the only reason I can see that we drafted Allen with the 7th pick, is because we have a brand new front office,

eager to find a gem in the rough, like Tom Brady, and forever set themselves apart from the pack.

I'm wasn't sold on Josh Allen as the best 7th pick, and this game didn't do anything to alleviate my fears.

Yes, he was playing with the 3rds. but he is uncomfortably inaccurate with many of his throws.

Almost every draft expert had Allen going in the first round and some had him going #1 overall.  The Cardinals would've snatched him up if we didn't.  I didn't like the pick either, but I can't deny the potential he displayed last night.  

• Like (+1) 1

I watched almost every Wyoming game that Allen played in.

And playing with the players he played with in his NFL debut sure felt like an extension of his Wyoming career to me.

Truly a man on an island that showed immense talent.

It was pretty easy to see last night. Allen is an immense talent that needs to iron out some kinks to be a professional QB.

McBeane has had a plan for Allen all along since they took over this team last year. Trust me. They had their chance to take any QB they wanted from this draft and Allen was their guy since McDermott took over in 2017. THEY HAVE A PLAN.

His arm strength is unbelievable.  He can flick it 40 yards without even trying.

That being said, he might need to rebuild his throwing motion a la Aaron Rodgers.  He has a pretty low release point that doesn't allow him to take full advantage of his height, and because his motion is a bit wonky sometimes the ball just seems to... pull a little as he launches it.

Overall he looked like an incredible talent that isn't quite ready yet.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Almost every draft expert had Allen going in the first round and some had him going #1 overall.  The Cardinals would've snatched him up if we didn't.  I didn't like the pick either, but I can't deny the potential he displayed last night.

Yes, but if you watched the tape on Baker Mayfield tonight, who is playing on a woeful team, he made the Browns look somewhat coherent, or confident tonight.

I din't get that sense from Josh Allen. He looks every part like a very raw rookie.

Just now, B Fan in LA said:

Yes, but if you watched the tape on Baker Mayfield tonight, who is playing on a woeful team, he made the Browns look somewhat coherent, or confident tonight.

I din't get that sense from Josh Allen. He looks every part like a very raw rookie.

That's why Baker went #1.  He was at the top of my list.  Josh Allen is a very raw rookie, but I can't deny his potential.

13 minutes ago, B Fan in LA said:

Baker is awesome. He showed the awareness that Allen just doesn't have yet. That's why he can be a back-up right away and probably start over Tyrod. Tyrod's presence allows the Browns to be patient, though.

Similarly, Peterman/McCarron playing well allows the Bills to be patient with Allen. This is a great thing. I bet Allen could sit up in the booth with Daboll for a few games and learn a lot.

33 minutes ago, B Fan in LA said:

I’m willing to give Allen a pass on the inaccurate throws given how much pressure he faced with the 3rd team OL. They sure didn’t do him any favors, but that being said, you can’t deny he handled the pressure as good as a vet. I swear this kid has a bionic arm, it just seemed the 2 bombs he threw were so effortless. Fitzpatrick couldn’t throw that far with everything he had.

I tend to agree with others that we need to see what he does with the first string offense and better pass protection. And I also agree to bring him along slow and steady 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

m willing to give Allen a pass on the inaccurate throws given how much pressure he faced with the 3rd team OL. They sure didn’t do him any favors, but that being said, you can’t deny he handled the pressure as good as a vet. I swear this kid has a bionic arm, it just seemed the 2 bombs he threw were so effortless. Fitzpatrick couldn’t throw that far with everything he had.

I tend to agree with others that we need to see what he does with the first string offense and better pass protection. And I also agree to bring him along slow and steady 

Let's hope we keep the current QB nucleus intact for awhile.

As a group, these guys seem light years better than anything we've had in many years............

I agree, bring Josh Allen along slooooowly.

6 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

I’m willing to give Allen a pass on the inaccurate throws given how much pressure he faced with the 3rd team OL. They sure didn’t do him any favors, but that being said, you can’t deny he handled the pressure as good as a vet. I swear this kid has a bionic arm, it just seemed the 2 bombs he threw were so effortless. Fitzpatrick couldn’t throw that far with everything he had.

Yeah, you can...

He almost threw a pick 6 while backpedaling away from pressure. All he had to do was throw it away and live to fight another day. His awareness is nowhere near a vet's.

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Yeah, you can...

He almost threw a pick 6 while backpedaling away from pressure. All he had to do was throw it away and live to fight another day. His awareness is nowhere near a vet's.

Almost counts in horseshoes, but that didn’t happen. You think Peterman or McCarron would have had the night they had behind the OL Allen had? If you’re gonna nitpick the bad , give credit for the good