Allen should start with #1's

The kid can sling for sure and moves very well in the pocket,  i like what saw tonight.  The guy is not afraid to let it fly and i believe should start the season as our starter.  His offensive line tonight were garbage and Robert Foster should be cut on Monday,  the guy cannot track the ball and gave up on plays. The ball just explodes out of his hand,  get him some receivers that can get open.

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The camp bodies around him and on the 2nd half defense played poorly, but that's no surprise. Most of them will be gone soon anyways. I too would like to see him get that chance, but even so... I saw some good things, but I also saw that his reputation for inaccuracy is well founded. It wasn't all bad, though. He might have been able to hit that deep ball to Foster if he'd kept running, but a couple throws were way off.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

He missed a lot of throws to be truthful.

Not really. A couple miscommunications where he thought the receiver was running a different route. A couple bad decisions. A lot of plays where the receivers and line did nothing to help him. I'm happy with his performance overall all things considered.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Fred Clause said:

He had someone in his face almost immediately on every pass, were you even paying attention?

Easy Fanboy I watched everything. He was off on a lot of passes, but it's his first game. Just shows he needs time to develop. He made some really good throws as well.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Magnetar said:

No way, he definitely showed he's a rookie.  The other QB's look like they are much further ahead.

The other qb’s didn’t face the instant pressure he did, unfair to judge when Nate got to start with the ones. We all saw last year what happens to Peterman when he faces that level of pressure...

Just now, Fred Clause said:

The other qb’s didn’t face the instant pressure he did, unfair to judge when Nate got to start with the ones. We all saw last year what happens to Peterman when he faces that level of pressure...

Peterman also played against #1 opposing defense.

Just now, HappyDays said:

Not really. A couple miscommunications where he thought the receiver was running a different route. A couple bad decisions. A lot of plays where the receivers and line did nothing to help him. I'm happy with his performance overall all things considered.

I'm not unhappy, I'm just saying he's not ready. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Green Lightning said:

Easy Fanboy I watched everything. He was off on a lot of passes, but it's his first game. Just shows he needs time to develop. He made some really good throws as well.

I didn’t even want him drafted, but the criticism of his play with these sloppy third stringers is rediculous. If I’m a fan boy, you are a hater...

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

We haven't seen an arm like Allen since Bledsoe, or possibly even going back to Lamonica.  This guy should get some 1st or 2nd team reps.  I get the urge to bring him along slowly, but Jesus he looks so good!

Frozen ropes like Warren Moon!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, billspro said:

He needs to make decisions quicker. He is going to take too many hits if he plays like that. I think he will be special when he is ready though.

That's the thing, he may never be ready for the NFL due to inaccuracy.  I mean, everyone knew that before the draft...

I think tonight he showed exactly what he is going to be.  Some wow plays, but mostly too inconsistent.  I know it's only one pre-season game, but if some fans are already anointing him as going to be great.

19 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

The kid can sling for sure and moves very well in the pocket,  i like what saw tonight.  The guy is not afraid to let it fly and i believe should start the season as our starter.  His offensive line tonight were garbage and Robert Foster should be cut on Monday,  the guy cannot track the ball and gave up on plays. The ball just explodes out of his hand,  get him some receivers that can get open.

I think he will, in the last preseason game.??

8 minutes ago, Magnetar said:

That's the thing, he may never be ready for the NFL due to inaccuracy.  I mean, everyone knew that before the draft...

I think tonight he showed exactly what he is going to be.  Some wow plays, but mostly too inconsistent.  I know it's only one pre-season game, but if some fans are already anointing him as going to be great.

I think your gonna show some rookie no matter what....that is too be expected.

8 minutes ago, Magnetar said:

Accuracy looked fine to me

• Like (+1) 1

Hard to say he earned time with the 1’s over Nate or AJ tonight.

Allen definitely showed flashes and oozes potential. But he looked like a rookie.

There is absolutely no reason to rush him if AJ and/or Nate keep playing like they did. 

Give him time to develop. he could be something special. But he’s still raw. 

• Like (+1) 1

At least the second team. With that O-Line and those WR's - how can you truly evaluate him? Robert Foster was running down the field 35 yards with his head turned one play and then inexplicably stopping on a go-route that ends in an overthrow on the next. 

I get not wanting to rush him. But on the flip side, playing with these guys who are going to be out of the league in a few weeks does him no favors.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Magnetar said:

Inconsistent? Yes. Some rookie mistakes? Yes. He will likelu throw a few INT with too much youthful enthusiasm and desire to make every play? Yes. Inaccurate?  Come on now. I saw none of that supposed dismal accuracy of his. Immense potential. He is exciting as hell! He's like the opposite of Tyrod. You can sense he'll throw twice as much INTs as TT and make some dumb mistakes that make you cringe... but also double the TDs and some WOW plays in there! Opposing defenses will have nightmares as they have to cover deep on every play. His stretching of the filed might even open Shady for some big runs.

5 minutes ago, Magnetar said:

lol, his first NFL pass lead the receiver out of bounds and gave him no chance.

9/19 = 47% 

his college percentage in 2017 was 56%

He needs to improve in this area before he can start.

Ideally the floor is 60%, and from what we saw tonight he has a long way to go.

Edited by MURPHD6