Interesting Astro Tweet re: Beane

21 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

It's going to cost a LOT more than that.

Probably, but part of the trade is the agreement to pay him what the Raiders won't so that is going to limit how much a team is willing to give up considering they are going to have to basically make him the highest defensive player in the NFL.

Anyways, here is the discussion by ESPN Reporter on Raiders Wire

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/07/espn-raiders-de-khalil-mack-could-be-a-trade-candidate/

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2

Our defense is going to be very without Mack. I actually think we might be one of the top 3 defenses in all of football this year. Even with that, I feel we are going to have a real hard time. We don’t have anywhere near enough fire power on offense and we probably won’t be able to score points.  If the Bills are willing to give up a first, can it please be for a WR that can help us score points? We are going to stop people already.  Mack is an excellent player but we don’t need him. We need players that can help the offense. 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

My offer would be:

Jerry Hughes+

2019 Top 5 protected 1st round pick and a 2020 2nd round pick

if the Bills are in the top 5 in the draft next year, then:

Bills 2020 1st round pick and 2019 2nd

I don't believe the NFL has the option of "protecting" draft picks like the NBA does.  If a pick is traded the pick is traded.  Year of pick or a pick improving by a round or two based on conditions can happen, or flipping picks within the same round, but I've never seen where a pick in any round can be protected if it falls at a certain place in a round.  

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Our defense is going to be very without Mack. I actually think we might be one of the top 3 defenses in all of football this year. Even with that, I feel we are going to have a real hard time. We don’t have anywhere near enough fire power on offense and we probably won’t be able to score points.  If the Bills are willing to give up a first, can it please be for a WR that can help us score points? We are going to stop people already.  Mack is an excellent player but we don’t need him. We need players that can help the offense. 

I agree completely. I Definitely can't dislike the idea of getting a player like Mack. I think if the irons hot you would strike because of it being available. I would rather those rescources spent on fixing that weak link because without scoring points it will be hard for the team to win games. 

So I agree with you but I wouldn't hate Beane for jumping on a rare opportunity. 

2 hours ago, Captain_Quint said:

CRAZY CAJUN NACHOS

These wildly delicious loaded chips bring New Orleans into your kitchen...and with the Super Bowl in the Big Easy just days away, this finger-food snack will get the party started! The homemade cheese sauce is made better with beer and Cajun seasoning, and the toppings make the nachos irresistible.
  •  
  • Ready in:10 minutes
  • Serves:8
  • Complexity:easy
  • Origin:Appetizers
CRAZY CAJUN NACHOS

INGREDIENTS

• 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 sweet yellow onion, sliced
  • 1 red or yellow bell pepper
  • 1 pound Andouille sausage, sliced
  • One 4-ounce can La Victoria Fire-Roasted Diced Green Chiles
  • 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 2 teaspoons cornstarch
  • 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 3/4 cup beer (or beef broth)
  • 12 cups tortilla chips
  • For Garnish: Halved Teardrop tomatoes, Chopped Green Onions and Sour Cream
  • Salt & freshly ground pepper

DIRECTIONS

1. In a large sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Add the bell pepper and continue to sauté 5 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Increase the heat to medium-high and add the Andouille. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring often, or until the mixture begins to turn golden. Stir in the green chiles. Set aside and keep warm.
  2. In a large bowl, combine the cheese, cornstarch and Cajun seasoning and mix well. In a saucepot, heat the remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the beer and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add a handful of cheese at a time, stirring constantly, until almost completely melted. Continue adding cheese, one handful at a time, allowing the cheese to completely melt between additions.
  3. To serve, arrange the tortilla chips on a large platter. Spoon the hot cheese sauce over the chips. Top with the Andouille mixture. Garnish with tomatoes, green onions and sour cream.

This may get a shot for the opener. I make food to deal with my agitation as I wait. The opener is the worst, and there’s WAY too much food. 

50 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Would you be OK with the Bills trading a first round pick and then signing him to a big extension considering our pick will be top 10 next year most likely?

Nice trolling.  Why would we be top 10 next year?

• Haha (+1) 1