Allen already a factor in QB race ?

3 hours ago, BB@Shooter said:

Exactly, let's side with the haters who can't even put out the real story. I watched Allen warm up before the San Jose State game and he was throwing bombs. He was healthy enough to play. His coach held him back to make sure. He didn't want to see him ruin his career over one game they should have won without him. But due to his inefficient OC, they lose to lowly SJSU. If Allen would have had a decent OC at Wyoming, his numbers would have been a lot better.

When you consistently run on down 1 and 2, and then pass on down 3, the defense pretty much knows what plays you are running. And they did, and his OC would not change it up. He is one of the worst OC's I have ever seen. And they still manage to win 8 games two years in a row with Allen. Pretty amazing.

...did we actually do that?.....what it part of our feared, threatening passing game, excluding DOWNFIELD?...the fallacious references to gaudy stats about our MOST FEARED passing game are a combo of amusing and pathetic.....DOWNFIELD was uncharted waters with NO TRESPASSING signs....reminds me of Billy Kilmer's "wounded ducks".....GOOGLE it youngins'....Marchibroda is rollin' over in his grave about our previous "PASSING" game...............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

2 hours ago, klos63 said:

Do we ignore the 2 INT's yesterday?

I remember reading this quote, but couldn't find it. This was from 2015.

Aaron Rodgers says training camp interceptions are a good thing

Aaron Rodgers has thrown several interceptions during training camp, but the Packers quarterback says that's a good thing.

"That's what camp is all about, sorting those things out," Rodgers said, via the Packers' official website. "Seeing who's going to be sticking around for the season and who's going to be looking for a job. You have to show it in practice in order for me to feel comfortable making those throws in the games. That's what this is all about. You make some of these throws and see how the guys respond."

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Figster said:

Allen is fearless when it comes to making any throw.

I'm not hating it...

That made me immediately think of Fitzy. It could be amusing at times, but I may have been medicated. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Even Allen at his absolute best will not be another Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers with pure accuracy all the time. 

There's just no way anyone can know this to be true.  Do you actually believe if he starts for the next five years he won't be more accurate than he is today?  The Tom Brady we see now is NOT the Tom Brady who came into the league 18 years ago.  

It makes no sense to pretend we can tell today what a pro football player will be like in five or seven years. 

• Like (+1) 1

2018 NFL season: Predicting when rookie QBs will start

With training camps getting into full swing this week, several rookie quarterbacks will encounter sky-high expectations as they embark on their NFL careers. How long will fans have to wait to see these highly touted signal callers in regular-season action? Marc Sessler reveals his projections.

Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills

Drafted: Round 1, Pick No. 7 overall.

Competition for the job: Veterans AJ McCarron and Nathan Peterman.

Path to QB1: Allen hits the scene as a raging wild card. His upside and saucy potential outshine anything we'll see from McCarron or Peterman, but Allen's lack of big-game experience is tangible. "He is the biggest and best physical specimen of all [the rookies]," one scout told longtime beat writer Bob McGinn. "He's just not as far along." I don't see a reason to fling Allen into the fire on a Bills team bereft of weapons and saddled with a questionable offensive line. This feels like Denver's quarterback room from a year ago: They'll all make starts. Allen has been compared to everyone from Troy Aikman and Carson Wentz to Jake Locker and Blake Bortles. Unless he emerges as some sort of evolutionary wunderkind in August, he'll toil in the shadows until further notice.

When will he start? It's a total dart throw, but Week 15 against the Lions would give the Bills a late-season, three-week gander at their quarterback of tomorrow.

30 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

There's just no way anyone can know this to be true.  Do you actually believe if he starts for the next five years he won't be more accurate than he is today?  The Tom Brady we see now is NOT the Tom Brady who came into the league 18 years ago.  

It makes no sense to pretend we can tell today what a pro football player will be like in five or seven years. 

I feel pretty confident in saying there's a 99% chance he doesn't become the next Brady or Rodgers...would I love to be wrong? Absolutely

Just because I don't think Brady or Rodgers is his ceiling doesn't mean I don't think he can be a great QB in the NFL 

4 hours ago, klos63 said:

You obviously ignored actually watching the tape of the picks yesterday.....

If you would have watched the actual plays, you would have seen that the first was definitely on him, but the 2nd was a fantastic ball that he should be throwing as much as possible.  Benjamin should have caught it for a TD.  It was a great throw.

And by the way, this is coming from someone that didn't want to draft him.....  I'm not sure he will ever pan out, but before you just go around throwing crap out like this, you should actually watch what happened instead of reading the stats somewhere.

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It was his 3rd practice ever. We are looking for progress, not perfection. 

I'm not expecting perfection - I was getting grief for not going all in on the progress he's made so far.  I just trying to not get ahead of ourselves here.

4 hours ago, klos63 said:

Do we ignore Petermans 4ints on his 1st 4possrssions?

granted, unlike Kelly, Allen didn’t have 2 years to play for a USFL farm team. if you’re building a winning franchise, waddaya do?  Start a scrub who will throw 6-10 ints every game, or put your money on a promising rookie?

1 hour ago, Kelly101 said:

nah lets get tt and his 3 points in a playoff game back

I'm all behind him, just thought it was a bit ridiculous how people were reacting over a few practices. It's been a long offseason, forgot how sensitive many are on this site.

2 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Do we ignore Petermans 4ints on his 1st 4possrssions?

granted, unlike Kelly, Allen didn’t have 2 years to play for a USFL farm team. if you’re building a winning franchise, waddaya do?  Start a scrub who will throw 6-10 ints every game, or put your money on a promising rookie?

you play whoever gives you the best chance to win, and that really won't be determined after a few practices.

10 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I'm all behind him, just thought it was a bit ridiculous how people were reacting over a few practices. It's been a long offseason, forgot how sensitive many are on this site.

you play whoever gives you the best chance to win, and that really won't be determined after a few practices.

You are correct that the final determination shouldn’t come after a few practices however it is a bit comforting to know that Josh Allen does not look out of place against legit NFL competition to hear some talk about it this guy was going to look like a total scrub because he came from a lesser college and didn’t have great numbers last year maybe we should trust the bills coaches a little more since they have earned it with a playoff appearance

• Like (+1) 2