Allen already a factor in QB race ?

I have been (and still am) willing to let Allen sit all year if need be and shouldn't start UNTIL he is ready.

That said with how he is doing so far he is showing more than the other QBs and I believe that he will win the competition.

Man it feels good to have a franchise QB !!! Go Bills !!!

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Been saying this all along, that Allen would beat out these other two guys. It's not much for competition really. Hopefully he shows well once the pads go on and the defense starts really getting after him. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Been saying this all along, that Allen would beat out these other two guys. It's not much for competition really. Hopefully he shows well once the pads go on and the defense starts really getting after him. 

He did good today, hopefully it continues.

I’m moving my chips that way. Still early but we know this regime has zero issue throwing rookie QBs out there if they think they are their best chance to win -  for better or for worse. 

And his competition is just not strong. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm not hoping for a specific winner in the QB competition.  I am hoping it doesn't drag on for too long.  Originally I predicted McCarron would be the winner, but the trend certainly looks like Allen can pull it out.

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

You can't win the job after day 3 with no pads.

They wore pads on day three.  The competition is far from over, but the signs are showing improving odds for Allen.

21 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I have been (and still am) willing to let Allen sit all year if need be and shouldn't start UNTIL he is ready.

That said with how he is doing so far he is showing more than the other QBs and I believe that he will win the competition.

Man it feels good to have a franchise QB !!! Go Bills !!!

I’m also good with sitting him until ready, but what are you basing this on? Have you been there? Is this based upon tweets/coverage? I’m not doubting, just curious. Maybe I’ve missed some coverage, but I’d LOVE any good news, regardless of how early it may be. 

I hope Allen can continue to stack good practices. The other QBs are very limited. Allen is the only one that is going to be able to create explosive plays. 

I do think AJ will be a good backup though, I’m happy he is on the team. Hopefully Nate can learn from AJ and develop into a good backup.

9 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I'm not hoping for a specific winner in the QB competition.  I am hoping it doesn't drag on for too long.  Originally I predicted McCarron would be the winner, but the trend certainly looks like Allen can pull it out.

They wore pads on day three.  The competition is far from over, but the signs are showing improving odds for Allen.

I like that Allen had his best day when the pads were on.

• Like (+1) 1

Josh Allen is winning this job. How refreshing to see some separation starting to manifest on day three of camp...rather than week three. We all know what that looks like.

It’s interesting that Allen had the most adversity in his college career of the 5 first round QBs and will be the first of them to start.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, theRalph said:

Josh Allen is winning this job. How refreshing to see some separation starting to manifest on day three of camp...rather than week three. We all know what that looks like.

It’s interesting that Allen had the most adversity in his college career of the 5 first round QBs and will be the first of them to start.  

I just want him to be consistant and get a little better each day.......

Anything more then that and the board will implode if he actually has a bad day

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, klos63 said:

You can't win the job after day 3 with no pads.

Its actually two shorts and 1 padded practice

It is encouraging that the padded practice is his best day

While talking about qbs.....why is everyone so down on AJM....who sounds like he has been very efficient with the ball.....

A guy that can do his job and not turn the ball over is not a BAD thing.....even if he doesnt make the cannon ooh aww throws

5 minutes ago, theRalph said:

Not to argue, but......you base this on what? 

6 minutes ago, theRalph said:

Its.  One.  Practice.

There are likely to be ups-and-downs folks.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

At this point Josh should be standing out...there's a huge difference in ability between a guy who went #7 overall v.s. two guys who were 5th round picks.  I'm very happy to hear Josh is showing some separation in these early practices but I think the big thing with Josh is how will he handle reading NFL defenses and the overall speed of processing information as a starting NFL quarterback.  He is behind in that category because of his football experience so far playing for small schools and playing with and against lesser competition.  If he can pick up the mental aspects to a "decent" degree than there's no way the other guys have a shot because Josh has all the natural ability in the world.  Something also tells me Beane and McDermott would not have taken a shot on a kid that they didn't think had it upstairs so part of me is excited to see if he can adjust to the speed of the NFL quickly.  

• Like (+1) 4

44 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m also good with sitting him until ready, but what are you basing this on? Have you been there? Is this based upon tweets/coverage? I’m not doubting, just curious. Maybe I’ve missed some coverage, but I’d LOVE any good news, regardless of how early it may be. 

That he played about as good as the other two and when the pads came on he did much better. Its early but he has way more talent and if he keeps improving he should start.