Allen already a factor in QB race ?

Myself personally, I don't see Allen even in the mix to start day one of the regular season because regardless of what happens during TC and pre season live action in the regular season is impossible to duplicate. Different circumstances when Peterman was given his 1st chance to start whom is a very fast study and was still given TC, pre season and a good part of the regular season to learn a new O.

Pure speculation, but its not happening in my humble opinion.

1 hour ago, mikemac2001 said:

Its actually bs your thread had a link you commented on it. Every other thread was just someone’s thought when there were already 4 other threads

Exactly! I tried to let @Hapless Bills Fan know...he seems to be one of the mods...

1 hour ago, mikemac2001 said:

Its actually bs your thread had a link you commented on it. Every other thread was just someone’s thought when there were already 4 other threads

& what's really bs...  is that they kept my title heading. Like the OP wrote it smh. 

The last time i was this excited to watch pre-season football was when we had Tyrod battling it out with EJ and Cassel. Can't wait for this three way competition to get started.

9 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That's brutal. Maybe throw Peterman out there for the first three games. 

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

The last time i was this excited to watch pre-season football was when we had Tyrod battling it out with EJ and Cassel. Can't wait for this three way competition to get started.

That's brutal. Maybe throw Peterman out their for the first three games. 

Either AJM or Allen.  Peterman?   No. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This helps make my point.

Being a huge fan of the QB position and now our very own possible future superstar of the league in development my biggest concern is how well can we prepare, protect and support him which are 3 big question marks at this point IMO.

9 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

If he’s ready, the competition shouldn’t matter. I can’t imagine they will throw the kid to the wolves with a pass happy attack. Think Roethlisberger his rookie year.

Just now, Figster said:

Being a huge fan of the QB position and now our very own possible future superstar of the league in development my biggest concern is how well can we prepare, protect and support him which are 3 big question marks at this point IMO.

Yep. And we did a terrible job of preparing and protecting Peterman last year in his first start against the Chargers. One of the first three teams we will play this year. I'm fine with sitting Allen for the first quarter of the season unless he is looking unbelievably good in the preseason.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Figster said:

It's all about Allen's readiness regardless of the opponent.  Should he show he can handle the offense with the best production in camp/preseason then play him in week 1.  If not, fine with AJM starting the season.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's all about Allen's readiness regardless of the opponent.  Should he show he can handle the offense with the best production in camp/preseason then play him in week 1.  If not, fine with AJM starting the season.

Do you honestly think TC or preseason against vanilla Defenses is going to give Buffalo anything concrete to base an opinion?

• Haha (+1) 1

Do you honestly think TC or preseason against vanilla Defenses is going to give Buffalo anything concrete to base an opinion?

Of course the complexity of the coverage and pressure will be different once the real games begin, but that won't deter the coaches if they feel Allen is ready just as it hasn't with other rookie QBs around the league. 

13 minutes ago, Figster said:

The best player should start. Plain and simple.

12 minutes ago, Foxx said:

when metal is forged with fire, it becomes stronger.

Or as McDermott has said a number of times.   

Steel sharpens steel. 

12 minutes ago, Figster said:

Nope, but it can be an indicator.  

All last season McDermott said Nate wasn’t ready and he wouldn’t throw him out there w/o a good reason.   

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Of course the complexity of the coverage and pressure will be different once the real games begin, but that won't deter the coaches if they feel Allen is ready just as it hasn't with other rookie QBs around the league. 

The new coaching/ O installation along with the Oline reconstruction would make starting Josh Allen early on risky business in my humble opinion 26.

Young QB's with sub par protection are more likely to develop bad habits IMO. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Figster said:

....now I'm disappointed 'Fig.....thought we would see some "startling revelations" ......then again, how 'bout the gang ALREADY convinced that Allen is a bust?....JOKERS gone wild on the flop.....

The new coaching/ O installation along with the Oline reconstruction would make starting Josh Allen early on risky business in my humble opinion 26.

Young QB's with sub par protection are more likely to develop bad habits IMO. 

Believe me, I understand your trepidation with the supporting cast that on paper is not very strong and I'm sure the coaches will take everything into consideration when they make their decision.

• Like (+1) 1