My favorite city in Canada is Buffalo, NY

3 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

:lol: what’s really weird is that before 9/11 when crossing the border really was not that big of a deal the countries really did not seem to be separated.  Now, while getting across the border remains relatively uneventful it is more significant.  It really feels like you are crossing into a foreign country.  

Agreed. Isn't it time to loosen that up again? I mean, Canada doesn't have significantly more lax visa standards than the USA; in fact, in some respects it's tighter. I just got back from Europe, driving across border like we drive across states, remembering what a pain it was in the pre-EU days. And of course the illegal immigration and contraband smuggling is kind of an other-direction problem. Hey, maybe it's Canada that wants the (virtual) wall here ....

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

We do have FACTS in our (U.S.') favor:

90% of all Canadians live within 100 miles of the U.S. border.  Because they want to be Americans.

1/2 of all Canadians live below red line:

CenW9oi_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

https://brilliantmaps.com/half-canada/

Oh... That's 160km... If you are wondering.

This is not true....Way too cold..if we go any further North than we have to break out the sleds and dogs.....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

:lol: what’s really weird is that before 9/11 when crossing the border really was not that big of a deal the countries really did not seem to be separated.  Now, while getting across the border remains relatively uneventful it is more significant.  It really feels like you are crossing into a foreign country.  

That's because you are

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

American culture?  What’s that? 

Confusion

• Haha (+1) 1

i don't wanna judge this guy from a few minutes sample....But so far nothing at all funny there.

He needs to put a better, edgier promo out there.

Canada has among the greatest comedians in the world...Phil Hartman,Norm MacDonald.

Edited by Tcali

7 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Yes. I used to go to Canada almost every weekend.  Some of the customs people even started recognizing me and knew my answers before I said them.  

13 hours ago, Forward Progress said:

... and free health care.

But You have to come to The U.S. if you want your cancer treated by 2020.. 

?

10 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Yes. I used to go to Canada almost every weekend.  Some of the customs people even started recognizing me and knew my answers before I said them.  

My sister's, ex's mother would play bingo in F.Erie every week... They knew her by first her name, just waved her through when they saw her vehicle.

Ah... The good old days.

10 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Maybe a picasso painting.

Chagall

Always gotta have The Chicken:

1b6ab149bb83e4bc829c7b8be9f7bad8.jpg

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

19 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

We do have FACTS in our (U.S.') favor:

90% of all Canadians live within 100 miles of the U.S. border.  Because they want to be Americans.

1/2 of all Canadians live below red line:

CenW9oi_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

https://brilliantmaps.com/half-canada/

Oh... That's 160km... If you are wondering.

Have you ever heard of Upper and Lower Canada? If you grew up in Buffalo you’d know

25 minutes ago, Gigs said:

Have you ever heard of Upper and Lower Canada? If you grew up in Buffalo you’d know

Of course... I was born in Buffalo. Our forefathers burned Lower Canada (York) in retaliation for crossing the Niagara and sacking BFLo while seeking warmth in 1813.  Now Canadians seek warmth in Fort Lauderdale, much more wiser now.

? Anyway... I am only joking around.