Your favorite 90s songs

Ice bowl 67

23 hours ago, Mark80 said:

Oh man, I could do a 10 page thread on this by myself.  Will try to throw out some that haven't come up yet.  Shout out to the posters who put up Blind Melon Change, Sponge Plowed, Pantera Walk, Corrosion of Conformity Albatross, and many other great choices that escape my memory right now.

Jerry singing about Layne's addiction, then Layne killing his self-reflective part.

Finishing up with what may be the best guitarist of the 90s and his finest example of the talent, IMO, but you gotta get through a slow start.

great choices my man.  Dinasaur Jr and Corrosion of Confority are two of my favorites and both very underappreciated.  And great call on Hum!

On 7/20/2018 at 7:30 PM, joesixpack said:

Sadly I never got to see AiC. NiN and ministry, yes. If you like those you’d love my iTunes lol

I, too want to hang with you - awesome selections! Bleed the Freak is my all-time AIC favorite. I was in college radio when that album came out and that thing never left the CD player for about a year. I went to the college radio convention in NYC the year it was released and saw AIC's first ever show in NYC - at the Limelight, a old Gothic church 6th that became a nightclub. Band came on and me and my friends went crazy but nobody else cared - nobody had gotten into them yet - they were that new and everyone was there to see the headliner, Kings X (also a solid band). I had an interview lined up with Layne for that night but was unable to find the A&R guy in the crowd so it never happened - oh well... 

Albums/CDs:

AC/DC - Razor's Edge

Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power

White Zombie - Astro Creep 2000

Every song on them.

Buffalo band:

Canadian band that never made it in the USA, but they got some great stuff:

No list would be complete without Santana's Smooth:

One of my guilty pleasures (lyrics NSFW):

Edited by Cynical

6 hours ago, The Avenger said:

I, too want to hang with you - awesome selections! Bleed the Freak is my all-time AIC favorite. I was in college radio when that album came out and that thing never left the CD player for about a year. I went to the college radio convention in NYC the year it was released and saw AIC's first ever show in NYC - at the Limelight, a old Gothic church 6th that became a nightclub. Band came on and me and my friends went crazy but nobody else cared - nobody had gotten into them yet - they were that new and everyone was there to see the headliner, Kings X (also a solid band). I had an interview lined up with Layne for that night but was unable to find the A&R guy in the crowd so it never happened - oh well... 

I had a similar experience with korn. Saw them in a tiny club in savannah. Talk about a LOUD show.

4 hours ago, The Jerk said:

I went to a Catholic school for a few years and always found it funny the kids there were like his disciples.  

Not my favorite song but I just posted here since it was #1 the last time we won a playoff game 

1 minute ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Ouch take it easy buddy lol. 69 had awful music lol.

You’ll never convince me 69 isn’t the best ever. Great music. If you think it’s “awful” you’ve lost all credibility. 

On 7/20/2018 at 11:59 AM, row_33 said:

too much putting a gun in your mouth or shooting that gun at someone else....

dismal decade for music....

No no no, the 90s were the best,  Grunge ended glam rock , NU Metal was formed and Death Metal was at it finest . Maybe should have found a different genre.

Grunge

NU Metal

Death

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian