Helsinki Summit

3 hours ago, njbuff said:

Just go back to memory lane and look at how  America’s most wonderful chosen President, Obama, handled Russia.

The hypocrisy is astonishing and the haters of Trump are blind to it or just don’t give a ff about how Obama handled it.

I was an undergrad during Reykjavik and the media did it's Reagan bashing before and all through and ever after

It wasn't of any effect at all

7 hours ago, GG said:

It matters very little what Trump says,

No. -It matters very little what you say... Even the words of a completely daft U.S. president can move markets, inflame international tensions, and ignite

general panic across the global political spectrum...  Decisions regarding human lives, critical resources, and trillions of dollars, are made by what the

President says.  But by all means continue your far-right rim-job... 

7 hours ago, GG said:

US has adopted the most aggressive posture against Russia since the Cold War.

:lol: Yah... Implemented by the previous administration! -Or were you referring to the house sanction Bill Trump reluctantly signed?

Never mind, because it doesn't matter. -Trump even rolled-back some of the Obama administration tech sanctions! 

What he did was respond to Russian nerve-gas attacks in the U.K. -Because he absolutely had to...  Btw, you should probably expect a couple of those attacks

here since our weak-willed appeaser-in-chief prefers kow-towing over confrontation with the other block-bully.

Edited by #34fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, #34fan said:

:lol: Yah... Implemented by the previous administration! -Or were you referring to the house sanction Bill Trump reluctantly signed?

Never mind, because it doesn't matter. -Trump even rolled-back some of the Obama administration tech sanctions! 

What he did was respond to Russian nerve-gas attacks in the U.K. -Because he absolutely had to...  Btw, you should probably expect a couple of those attacks

here since our weak-willed appeaser-in-chief prefers kow-towing over confrontation with the other block-bully.

Factual beatdown incoming in 3, 2, 1....

3 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Right Mr flexible was really tough on them.

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

I always get a good laugh out of Dims who claim Obama was a strong leader.

Dont forget Obama's red lines!

Oh and Crimea too! Real tough!

Edited by Bray Wyatt
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

(So, she's either an anti-Putin spy beholden to the neocon-neoliberal handlers in the states - or she's not a spy at all and is in fact a grad student who doesn't know what she's talking about. Considering she's deemed a flight risk, I'd say the latter is probably the least likely of the two)

Every communication between her and Torshin referenced in the indictment was made in public on Twitter. If he was handling her, he wasn't doing a good job of keeping it covert. Which says, to me, he wasn't really her handler. Someone else was. 

Considering her cozy relationship to Scott Walker and the neocon/neoliberal establishment inside DC, I have the probability as high she was being used to spy on Torshin. 

Remember, HRC was running (with support from both sides of the establishment aisle) on preemptively starting a war with Russia. Regime change in Moscow has long been a goal of the neocon/neoliberal establishment. Those plans require knowing who would replace Putin, which means working with his opposition to create a relationship. That's what her role seems to be when examined through the espionage lens.

No, she was advancing the interests of the RUSSIAN Federation, according to the indictment and the evidence provided.

And HRC was going to attack Russia? Ok!

9 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

he almost got out of his easy chair and swung his man-purse over those ones

2 minutes ago, #34fan said:

No. -It matters very little what you say... Even the words of a completely daft U.S. president can move markets, inflame international tensions, and ignite

general panic across the global political spectrum...  Decisions regarding human lives, critical resources, and trillions of dollars, are made by what the

President says.  But by all means continue your far-right rim-job... 

Learn something new every day.  I honestly missed the news where Obama opened up more federal lands for oil exploration, approved the Keystone pipeline,  loosened energy production regulations, resumed defensive installations in East Europe, sold arms to Ukraine, put a stop to slaughter in Syria, and killed 200 Russian mercenaries.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, row_33 said:

that's okay, it was a boring and nothing time that needed a softy as POTUS

he accomplished nothing worthwhile, perfect fit for those 8 years

Recovery from the Great Recession and OBL dead and out to sea say :lol:

1 minute ago, Gary M said:

Right Mr flexible was really tough on them.

Oh please... This wasn't a proud moment for Obamka either....  I didn't like it one bit until I realized it was actually a Break-up line.

Barack was a candy-ass... -Not a dumass.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Health care for 30 million, too, all while working with a screwed up Congress for six years that can't even work with a President of its own party!

14 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

wasn't aware that a Great Recession occurred, was too busy at work and enjoying life

9 minutes ago, GG said:

Learn something new every day.  I honestly missed the news where Obama opened up more federal lands for oil exploration, approved the Keystone pipeline,  loosened energy production regulations, resumed defensive installations in East Europe, sold arms to Ukraine, put a stop to slaughter in Syria, and killed 200 Russian mercenaries.

Well, while they did cancel the Bush Administration's BMD plans, they created their own with the Aegis Ashore BMD system, to be installed in Poland by 2018.  That, though, was apparently cancelled by the Obama Administration in 2013...

...as he is rumored to have promised to Medvedev...  :lol:

On 7/17/2018 at 12:15 PM, oldmanfan said:

Moving the topic away from the chief executive of our country saying in full view of the world that he does not accept the findings of his own intelligence team vs. a murderous dictator is disingenuous at best.

WTH is wrong with you?

This is from last year. 

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

First of all, why is what Trump said off limits here? He took the word of Vlad Putin over his own intelligence agencies. That's sort of a big deal, no? Especially after 12 Russian national were indicted for hacking the DNC and leaking information. And a young woman is arrested as an unauthorized agent peddling influence with organizations like the NRA. Which is why it's also weird he would take a private meeting, with no US officials attending except for a translator, with Putin, who the CIA, FBI and NSA said orchestrated the election interference campaign. 

But I get it. In Trumpyland all the news channels, newspapers, all the Democrats, half the Republicans, the FBI, CIA, NSA and even the Russian press, who described the summit as "Trump licking Putin's boots," are lying. Everyone is in on the deep state conspiracy. Poor Donald.

By the way, Jimmy Kimmel happened to find some footage from Fox News 2 years ago after Obama's meeting with Vladdy P.  Fair and balanced, indeed. :lol:

You didn't answer my question.  It's okay.  You don't have to if you don't want to.

42 minutes ago, #34fan said:

This is blisteringly ignorant:

The last administration bent over backwards to make sure Russia's primary ally, Iran, got nuclear weapons and the Mullahs remained in power. 

The last administration allowed Putin to carve out a sphere of influence in the Middle East in the absence of US forces. 

The last administration allowed Putin to take Crimea without offering resistance (other than siding with actual Nazis to foment the coup that led to the Russian move). 

The last administration allowed Iranian proxies to carve out human trafficking and narcotic networks inside CONUS, strengthening a Russian ally. 

The last administration allowed Russia to take control of a large portion of the US Uranium market. 

The last administration literally offered Putin a rest button and apologized for past US actions. 

The last administration did nothing to stop Russian meddling in the election despite being made aware of it. 

You're not only wrong, you're stunningly wrong. 

35 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, she was advancing the interests of the RUSSIAN Federation, according to the indictment and the evidence provided.

And HRC was going to attack Russia? Ok!

The interests of the Russian Federation without Putin. Read closer. Look through WikiLeaks too. You'll see her name pop up in all sorts of fun places inside the neocon/neoliberal establishment promising the same. 

HRC's central campaign plank in regards to dealing with Syria was to issue a no-fly zone. This was a move she did as Secretary of State in Libya that led to the absolute destruction of that nation, the establishment of a modern day slave market, and kicked off the migrant crisis that's wrecked our European allies. She pushed this as her CENTRAL solution to the problems in Syria and was backed by the neocon and neoliberal establishment (who coincidentally LOVED her doing the same in Libya). 

The only way you could institute a no fly zone in Syria would be to take the Russian AA sites offline first. The only way that's going to happen is with American pilots bombing Russian troops. That's preemptively starting a war with the largest nuclear power on the planet. And it WAS HER MAIN STRATEGY. 

You're wrong. As usual. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, snafu said:

You didn't answer my question.  It's okay.  You don't have to if you don't want to.

I'm not going to play games. To insist I ignore what was said at a press conference is a neat little trick considering there is no doing, just speaking. If you look at everything Trump does through the lens of how it benefits Putin, it's hard not to suspect that something is n't right. Well, I guess it's not THAT hard, based on what I read here.

12 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm not going to play games. To insist I ignore what was said at a press conference is a neat little trick considering there is no doing, just speaking. If you look at everything Trump does through the lens of how it benefits Putin, it's hard not to suspect that something is n't right. Well, I guess it's not THAT hard, based on what I read here.

Is that an Obama quote?

54 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This is what you're hanging your hat on?

It's like praising a coach's decision to go for the conversion, down by 2 points and 1 second left in the 4th quarter. 

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

How does sanctioning the hell out of both of Russia's key strategic allies (North Korea and Iran) benefit Putin?

How does arming the Ukrainians (which Obama wouldn't do) benefit Putin? 

How does goading NATO to pay MORE in defense against Russia, benefit Putin? 

How does goading Germany to get off the Russian oil teet benefit Putin? 

How does issuing the harshest individual sanctions in US history against Putin's cronies (that go well beyond what Congress wants) benefit Putin? 

How does issuing two missile strikes in Syria against Assad and Iranian targets benefit Putin?

How did annihilating 300+ Russian soldiers in Syria simply for amassing benefit Putin? 

More on that last one... 

February 7, 2018, a Russian assault batallion of 550 men "attacked" a US FOB in Syria. Mattis called the Russians on the deconfliction line and told the Russians to call off their men. The Russians said they're not their men, "they're from the Wagner group and we have no control over them."

This was a lie. The Wagner Group uses Russian regulars and smuggles them inside Syria. They're called Ghost Soldiers: 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria-russia-insight/ghost-soldiers-the-russians-secretly-dying-for-the-kremlin-in-syria-idUSKBN12Y0M6

Mattis then had the green light to not just engage, but annihalte the Russian forces. Listen to this man: 

This wasn't just a little attack. It was a sustained attack using Apache gunships, USMC artillery, fixed wing bombers, AC-130 gunships, and B-52 stratofortress strategic bombers. The Russian unit suffered 100% casualties. Of the 550 engaged, 300 were killed and 250 were wounded. The men on the ground said "they kicked the **** out of us". 

Tell me, Promo. How does the annihilation of a Russian assault battalion benefit Putin? 

I'll wait... 

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

How does sanctioning the hell out of both of Russia's key strategic allies (North Korea and Iran) benefit Putin?

How does issuing the harshest individual sanctions in US history against Putin's cronies (that go well beyond what Congress wants) benefit Putin? 

How does issuing two missile strikes in Syria against Assad and Iranian targets benefit Putin?

How did annihilating 300+ Russian soldiers in Syria simply for amassing benefit Putin? 

More on that last one... 

February 7, 2018, a Russian assault batallion of 550 men "attacked" a US FOB in Syria. Mattis called the Russians on the deconfliction line and told the Russians to call off their men. The Russians said they're not their men, "they're from the Wagner group and we have no control over them."

This was a lie. The Wagner Group uses Russian regulars and smuggles them inside Syria. They're called Ghost Soldiers: 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria-russia-insight/ghost-soldiers-the-russians-secretly-dying-for-the-kremlin-in-syria-idUSKBN12Y0M6

Mattis then had the green light to not just engage, but annihalte the Russian forces. Listen to this man: 

This wasn't just a little attack. It was a sustained attack using Apache gunships, USMC artillery, fixed wing bombers, AC-130 gunships, and B-52 stratofortress strategic bombers. The Russian unit suffered 100% casualties. Of the 550 engaged, 300 were killed and 250 were wounded. The men on the ground said "they kicked the **** out of us". 

Tell me, Promo. How does the annihilation of a Russian assault battalion benefit Putin? 

I'll wait... 

Bc there is no doing, just speaking 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm not going to play games. To insist I ignore what was said at a press conference is a neat little trick considering there is no doing, just speaking.

If you look at everything Trump does through the lens of how it benefits Putin,

it's hard not to suspect that something is n't right. Well, I guess it's not THAT hard, based on what I read here.

Well there's your problem...................try looking at it through a non-biased lens.

Of course if you start with that assumption everything looks worse..................:doh:

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

I always get a good laugh out of Dims who claim Obama was a strong leader.

1 hour ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Some military friends of mine say President Obama was a great motivational speaker.  Whenever he spoke they had to work even harder

• Haha (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

More on that last one... 

I'll wait... 

Nonsense. Tis but a scratch.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, westside said:

I think Trump should at least be as tough on russia as Obama was on Iran. Don't you remember all the libs outrage over Obama's actions against Iran? Yeah, me either!

F'n hypocrites!!!

Pallets of unmarked foreign currency on a cargo ship with no markings or registered flight plan?  Brilliant!

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You used "treason" and "traitor" repeatedly and didn't back up your accusations with any objective fact, though you were asked and asked again by several people on this thread. It is a heavy assertion. If you're going to call the President a traitor then back it up or shut up. If you prove it to me then I will stand beside you. But if you can't, then don't call anyone here a Trump sycophant.  You even cited the federal code provision to underscore your accusation. Trump's ass kissing was unsightly and stupid, yes, but it wasn't treasonous.  ...and looking at what Trump does through any single lens is not wise -- why would I want to do that? Why would anyone do that other than to confirm a bias?

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

Some military friends of mine say President Obama was a great motivational speaker.  Whenever he spoke they had to work even harder

HAHAHAH

You win quote of the day.

32 minutes ago, westside said:

I think Trump should at least be as tough on russia as Obama was on Iran. Don't you remember all the libs outrage over Obama's actions against Iran? Yeah, me either!

F'n hypocrites!!!

I never knew the goings on in the Obama years, because politics was a complete bore under him, but I saw a montage of his work and boy is it a beauty.

All I can say is that hateful morons of Trump sure have balls when it comes to complaining about Trump.

• Like (+1) 1

Trump is AAA Pissed at the IC because many of the top !@#$s had it in for him and mounted a coup attempt at him. And that cabal includes operatives from the U.K., and their ancillaries as well as some in the EU. 

I’d be pizzed too. And I’d want to tan their hides. What we saw at the NATO summit and the EU meetings reflects that. Trump is royally pissed off at them and for very good reasons. 

• Like (+1) 2