Helsinki Summit

Just now, GG said:

He has cast doubt on the hacking claims.  That is important because DNC contends that they were hacked in the summer of 2016, while many independent analysts claim that there was no external hack, but an inside job.

That's why it's important to keep the two issues separate for a proper analysis.  Yet, you keep conflating.

Also on the hacking business, its highly highly  suspicious that with all the tools that are available to

mask your identity, and masking your identity to a hacker is priority #1, 2, 3....and yet the trail of neon

red bread cumbs lead right to the door of the russian hackers? cmon man.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Kelly101 said:

Also on the hacking business, its highly highly  suspicious that with all the tools that are available to

mask your identity, and masking your identity to a hacker is priority #1, 2, 3....and yet the trail of neon

red bread cumbs lead right to the door of the russian hackers? cmon man.

So online crimes are completely untraceable? 

9 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Most intelligent, rational posters stay away from this corner of the Wall - what I refer to as TSW's Taint.

Thank God that 'intelligent' and 'rational' aren't descriptors that have ever been applied to you as a poster.

3 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

The President of the United States said his administration, congress and the intelligence community are wrong about Russian election interference and Putin is telling the truth.  

Yet, many of you see nothing wrong with that. Traitor-on guys!

Yeah... that's not what he said.

Can you actually post a coherent thought without being dishonest or disingenuous?

53 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Your last statement?  Yes.  Not shooting war, not nuclear war.  Fight cyberattacks with cyberattacks.

What the hell?

Again, do you think Russia would stand idly by and allow us to do this?  Or do you think they would respond?

If they responded, I'm certain you'd demand further escalation, and so on.

Eventually we get here:

See the source image

Is this what you want?

Because when you advocate that two nuclear powers go to war, this is what you're advocating for.  Full stop.

Given this, do you believe diplomatic solutions might be a better course of action?

I do, because I'm not a !@#$ing crazy person.

25 minutes ago, Foxx said:

nah, ain't happening.

You know who else said that?  Stalin!

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Trump said the mistake was saying "Would" instead of "wouldn't" when he said "I don't see why it would(n't) be Russia (who hacked the DNC)". 

Yeah, I can see that happening.

Doesn't make it any less stupid.

• Like (+1) 1

LMFAO. Trump just said he meant to say wouldnt not would when talking about interference by the Russians. Clearly I dont expect the trumptards to understand what a joke that is. Your illiterate morons. You can barely understand any word that contains two or more syllables. Decades of family inbreeding have left you with the intelligence level of an ameoba. So I really dont think youll understand what a joke this is. This clown isnt gonna make it four years. What an embarrassment. This guy couldnt be more of a clown if he walked out with a red bulbous nose, giant orange feet, a bright red, green, and white clown suit, and clown makeup. Freaking hilarious.

2 minutes ago, #34fan said:

LOL.... "I said would when I meant wouldn't" :lol:

Just gets worse and worse for you Trumpsheviks.

He'd be a great fit on this board.  "That's not what I meant to say when I said what I didn't mean!"  He's basically The Gatorman President.

8 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

What the hell?

Again, do you think Russia would stand idly by and allow us to do this?  Or do you think they would respond?

If they responded, I'm certain you'd demand further escalation, and so on.

Eventually we get here:

See the source image

Is this what you want?

Because when you advocate that two nuclear powers go to war, this is what you're advocating for.  Full stop.

Given this, do you believe diplomatic solutions might be a better course of action?

I do, because I'm not a !@#$ing crazy person.

Diplomacy would be fine, always the first action.  Absolutely.  But do you actually think Putin would change his behavior through diplomacy? I think not.  I think Putin only responds to a show of strength.  Would much rather take your approach, not only with Russia but with North Korea.  But with both countries I don't think diplomacy would be effective.

2 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

if everyone else only gets one, absolutely! It's what Hitler would do!

Do you know who else had TWO scoops of ice cream? Yeah that's right, Benedict Freakin' Arnold. He demanded TWO scoops to Maj. Andre's ONE scoop when they conspired to turn over West Point to the British.

It gets worse. It's a little known fact that Judas, in addition to his 40 pieces of silver, received TWO scoops of ice cream in compensation to betray Jesus.

Trump is the worst sort of traitor. TWO scoops, indeed.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Diplomacy would be fine, always the first action.  Absolutely.  But do you actually think Putin would change his behavior through diplomacy? I think not.  I think Putin only responds to a show of strength.  Would much rather take your approach, not only with Russia but with North Korea.  But with both countries I don't think diplomacy would be effective.

Based on what evidence?

Do you believe that Russia or North Korea want to go to war with a nuclear super power?  Or do you think they are rational actors?

52 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Republicans were outraged when Obama did it, and were yesterday, they are at least consistent

Regardless of how you feel about Obama, he never questioned our intelligence agencies in front of a foreign leader at a press conference so I'm confused when you said "when Obama did it."  Trump has trouble clearly formulating his thoughts (especially the difference between collusion and election meddling) and that's why you saw those who know him best were begging him to clarify yesterday.  Except for Sean Hannity because he's Sean Hannity.

• Like (+1) 1

tenor.gif

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Based on what evidence?

Do you believe that Russia or North Korea want to go to war with a nuclear super power?  Or do you think they are rational actors?

I certainly think North Korea is irrational.  How many administrations have tried to have a dialog with them and yet they are still getting nuclear weapons on board.putin may be more rational but he is like a bully that won't quit until you smack him in the face.

Trying to use rational thought processes with irrational people doesn't work.

7 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Regardless of how you feel about Obama, he never questioned our intelligence agencies in front of a foreign leader at a press conference so I'm confused when you said "when Obama did it."  Trump has trouble clearly formulating his thoughts (especially the difference between collusion and election meddling) and that's why you saw those who know him best were begging him to clarify yesterday.  Except for Sean Hannity because he's Sean Hannity.

I am sorry, I wasnt talking about the intelligence community party when I said Obama did it. So let me clarify, it is the idea of placating/catering to Russia (or the idea that they were). 

49 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I'll start to worry when we divide Poland.

56 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Reiterating my "Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact" analogy here.  We'll be at war with Russia in May of 2020...

Just so I know, who's Hitler and who's Stalin in this scenario?

Edited by #34fan

10 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Most intelligent, rational posters stay away from this corner of the Wall - what I refer to as TSW's Taint.

Yes, the intelligence factor goes up so much higher when I read someone at TSW arguing that if you think McCoy is innocent, and it turns out he's guilty, you should be banned from TBD for life.

Such high intelligence, it's amazing you could even find your way over here.

he has always been America First and is going to implement it in foreign policy

hopefully avoid all the blunders made since WW2, so much could have  been avoided

Yankee come home

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

I certainly think North Korea is irrational.  How many administrations have tried to have a dialog with them and yet they are still getting nuclear weapons on board.putin may be more rational but he is like a bully that won't quit until you smack him in the face.

This is a perfect segue back into some prior content I posted that you never responded to.

The Kim's hands have been tied for decades because the CIA was actively running North Korea as a black site.  It's the reason Trump's reformed CIA used was to conduct the recent diplomatic relations there in the build up to Trumps summit instead of State who always fills that role.   Kim reached out to the Obama administration seeking exactly the same thing that President Trump successfully negotiated, and Obama ignored him.  The DPRK wanted normalized relations for a long time.

Only by removing black hat bad actors in our CIA was this able to be achieved.

The CIA is not to be trusted.  Full stop.

Here's a short list of examples of the good work they've done in the world.  I'd like you to respond to this, and explain to me why you, I , or anyone else owes them any allegiance.

Lying us into Iraq

The Bay of Pigs."

MKUltra

Intentionally releasing the whooping cough in the Tampa Bay area

Intentionally infecting Guatemalans with syphilis

Injecting unsuspecting US citizens with plutonium

Injecting prisoners with the main ingredient of Agent Orange

Choosing to protect and insulate known pedophiles in government

Dosing unsuspecting US citizens with LSD

Overthrowing the governments of Iran, Argentina, Guatemala, the Congo, the Dominican Republic, South Vietnam, and Chile

Running the global supply of opiates

• Like (+1) 1

Like all services, they have excellent dedicated people and scumbags who jump into the top of the bureaucracy, doing nothing but looking ahead to their next promotion in 2 months time.

the excellent people don't want anything to do with the fools on the hill

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

This is a perfect segue back into some prior content I posted that you never responded to.

The Kim's hands have been tied for decades because the CIA was actively running North Korea as a black site.  It's the reason Trump's reformed CIA used was to conduct the recent diplomatic relations there in the build up to Trumps summit instead of State who always fills that role.   Kim reached out to the Obama administration seeking exactly the same thing that President Trump successfully negotiated, and Obama ignored him.  The DPRK wanted normalized relations for a long time.

Here's a short list of examples of the good work they've done in the world.  I'd like you to respond to this, and explain to me why you, I , or anyone else owes them any allegiance.

Lying us into Iraq

The Bay of Pigs."

MKUltra

Overthrowing the governments of Iran, Argentina, Guatemala, the Congo, the Dominican Republic, South Vietnam, and Chile

I would need to research a whole lot of what you've posted here to determine if there's any validity.  Dosing citizens with LSD?

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Lying us into Iraq

The Bay of Pigs."

MKUltra

If you're going to try and convince me that the North Koreans are the good guys and we're the bad guys, don't bother.

14 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

so, the fact that Trump is the first to have an actual dialogue with them, says......

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I would need to research a whole lot of what you've posted here to determine if there's any validity.  Dosing citizens with LSD?

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a20139782/cia-experiment-programs-lsd/

Read the source material.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

so, the fact that Trump is the first to have an actual dialogue with them, says......

And have they changed anything?  No.  And did we have dialog with other administrations with senior level diplomats and other government officials?  Yes.  And did North Korea change behavior?  No.

Just now, joesixpack said:

The question you need to ask yourself is this:

Would an element of our society that did ALL of those things be worth trusting on THIS matter?

Over Putin?  Yes.

Over Putin?  Yes.

Then, really, honestly...you're beyond hope and not worth the conversation time.

If you can honestly not see the IC lying to you about meddling/hacking/collusion or whatever the "crime" du jour is, then there really is no hope. Best of luck.

14 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Thhe New Yorker's piece on one of the proponent's heading to trial?? at 81 years of age, don't remember the details exactly...

great read...

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2012/12/17/operation-delirium

I am under no illusion that our government is perfect and that some horrible decisions have been made.  But at present the decision has to be made as to what to do about a foreign country interfering with our electoral process.  And I certainly side with us vs. them in that regard.