Kelvin Benjamin looking good ... where does he rank among AFCE WRs?

Best WR in AFC East  

231 members have voted

1. 1. Who is best WR in AFC East?

• Kelvin Benjamin, Bills
    • Julian Edelman, Pats
    • Danny Amendola, Fish
    • Terrell Pryor, Jets
    • Robby Anderson, Jets
    • Jermaine Kearse, Jets
    • Chris Hogan, Pats
    • Kenny Stills, Fish
    • Other

Pryor looked quite good with Cleveland.  Fell off the rails last year.  I would have tried to get him on a one year deal.  

KB looks like the best in AFCE.  Still think Watkins is a better WR and they should have just kept him.  But KB should be good this year.  If Zay can catch the dam ball the WR position may be adequate.

I voted Robbie Anderson but KB easily has the highest upside and tons of untapped potential. He was a 1st Rd pick for a reason. These reports are extremely encouraging, KB could easily surpass his 1000+ 10 TD rookie year.

Shady/Clay and a healthy full potential KB is lethal and will make the other WR lives much easier. KB could be a legit#1 WR

The offense can't be much worse than last year and potentially much better. Defense should be substantially better. We shouldn't be lowering expectations. This is a 10+ win team

Edited by JerseyBills

13 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Those are pretty bad WRS in the AFC east, especially with cooks and landry gone.

I would say Edelman is the best, (even though he is suspended) and then you can make a strong argument that Benjamin is the 2nd best in that group

Totally agree.  Benjamin isn't a scrub but he's got to stay healthy and make an impact.  We shall see...

• Like (+1) 1

I think Devante Parker has a chance to be the best. He’s shown flashes but is inconsistent.

I personally don’t think Benjamin is anything special.

Big - absolutely

Can jump - yes

Is a mismatch - yes, in height

Fast - nah

Good hands - not really

Good route runner - No

I really hope Zay Jones has a breakout year.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I think Devante Parker has a chance to be the best. He’s shown flashes but is inconsistent.

I personally don’t think Benjamin is anything special.

Big - absolutely

Can jump - yes

Is a mismatch - yes, in height

Fast - nah

Good hands - not really

Good route runner - No

I really hope Zay Jones has a breakout year.

Are you sure about his hands?  

And add strength to his positives. Watch the play at 5:06. Plus its fun watching safeties bounce off of him.

I've liked KB since his rookie season. I think he is going to have a big year, provided we get good QB play.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, folz said:

Are you sure about his hands?  

And add strength to his positives. Watch the play at 5:06. Plus its fun watching safeties bounce off of him.

I've liked KB since his rookie season. I think he is going to have a big year, provided we get good QB play.

Yes I’m sure. Because I wrote the words.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I voted Robbie Anderson but KB easily has the highest upside and tons of untapped potential. He was a 1st Rd pick for a reason. These reports are extremely encouraging, KB could easily surpass his 1000+ 10 TD rookie year.

Shady/Clay and a healthy full potential KB is lethal and will make the other WR lives much easier. KB could be a legit#1 WR

The offense can't be much worse than last year and potentially much better. Defense should be substantially better. We shouldn't be lowering expectations. This is a 10+ win team

Battles are won & loss in the trenches, and our offensive trenches have gotten worse by a large margin.

After that, not having any experience at the QB position could end up really killing us. Least experienced group in the league.

This offense could be historically awful. Defense will keep us in games like last season, but the offense is gonna be a rough thing to watch if this line can't play well above themselves. 10 wins in a division where we start 0-2 by default via the Pats (99% of the time), means we'd have to go 10-4 otherwise. Really think that's gonna happen with 1 decent WR and all the other offensive issues we have?

Just hope he pulls in  a few TD’s this year ..they are paying him $8 mil..

Whilst that isn’t going to break any League WR payment records, it’s quite a lot next to most of his team mates..

Edited by Aussie Joe

So Robby Anderson's best season (2017) and Kelvin Benjamin's best season since his major injury (2016) are exactly the same:

63 catches, 14.9 avg, 941 yards, 7 TDs.

I think Anderson is the best he is still on the upswing and progressing whereas I fear Benjamin and also Edelman (who has been a stud) are actually on the downslope for different reasons.  Benjamin's separation numbers last year both in Carolina and Buffalo were awful they were among the worst in the whole NFL.  

I think Anderson is the only name on that list with a chance to play at an elite level in 2018.  I hope Benjamin can get somewhere close to those 2016 numbers because if he does I will consider that a win for Buffalo.