[Incomplete Title] Sabres (21-12-5) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 39 (MSG-B) vs. BOS (20-14-4) at 7 PM ET on 12/29

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Sabres (17-6-2) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 26 vs. TBL (16-6-1) at 7:30 PM ET on 11/29; The Men of Ten!

Helluva game. Congratulations Sabres.

What a hard fought game by both teams. Loved seeing the Sharks come back in that situation.

Two splendid goals by the Big Pavelski. Sharks were in a hole late and on the road against the hottest team in the league, and they come out of it with a point. I'll take it.

Now go out tomorrow and beat the Maple Leafs.

GO SHARKS!!!

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/15/2018 at 12:24 PM, JohnC said:

You should have kept the money in your pocket and use it for a nice dinner. At least it could have been used to satisfy your tummy instead of it vanishing for such a long shot improbability.

Same bet pays $1600 right now (vs $4000 I’m locked in on from less than 2 weeks ago). I’m not saying I’m going to win, but it certainly adds to the fun! 

11 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

That play by Dahlin made that led to the game winner.   That kid is going to be a hockey God in WNY.

Is it wrong that i wanna shed a tear over the NHL network staff being speechless because we're so good now? 

He almost won it with a spectacular rush at end of regulation.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

That play by Dahlin made that led to the game winner.   That kid is going to be a hockey God in WNY.

Is it wrong that i wanna shed a tear over the NHL network staff being speechless because we're so good now? 

He made two great plays on that. He's incredible. 

10 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Same bet pays $1600 right now (vs $4000 I’m locked in on from less than 2 weeks ago). I’m not saying I’m going to win, but it certainly adds to the fun! 

I'm considering you a lot less crazy. :devil:

• Like (+1) 1

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Sabres (17-6-2) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 26 vs. TBL (17-7-1) at 7:30 PM ET on 11/29; The Men of Ten!

If I were giving out the first star I would give it to Hutton. He rarely gives up a rebound and he plays with calm. 

This game was played like a critical playioff game. It was tightly played by both sides. This was two good teams going toe to toe with neither team yielding to the other. They had good players and so did we. Our team's ability to not be affected by adversity is the hallmark of this winning streak. 

I don't know what else to say about Dahlin. He is going to be the type of player that one says it was a privilege to play with/against and to have seen. 

I thought Bogo and Reinhardt played well in this game. Reinhardt's scoring pass was tremendous. 

The wins in this magnificent streak were against good teams. It's not a fluke. The fans are responding to the team and they deserve what they are getting. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

If I were giving out the first star I would give it to Hutton. He rarely gives up a rebound and he plays with calm. 

This game was played like a critical playioff game. It was tightly played by both sides. This was two good teams going toe to toe with neither team yielding to the other. They had good players and so did we. Our team's ability to not be affected by adversity is the hallmark of this winning streak. 

I don't know what else to say about Dahlin. He is going to be the type of player that one says it was a privilege to play with/against and to have seen. 

I thought Bogo and Reinhardt played well in this game. Reinhardt's scoring pass was tremendous. 

The wins in this magnificent streak were against good teams. It's not a fluke. The fans are responding to the team and they deserve what they are getting. 

I might be coming around on Reinhart. Would love a tasty plate of crow at the end of the year. 

But Scandella is a hopeless cause. 

• Like (+1) 1

They better keep this going. I met my wife shortly after they were eliminated from the playoffs in 2011. She’s been down in the dumps lately and getting sent packing due to being a jinx probably wouldn’t help. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Post-Game Report: 11/27 vs. San Jose

Final Score

1st 2nd 3rd OT SO Final SOG
Sharks
(12-8-5)
0 0 2 0 – 2 38
Sabres
(17-6-2)
0 1 1 1 – 3 31

Top Notes
  • With their 10th win in a row, the Sabres have matched their franchise record for consecutive wins in a season. The record was originally set in January 1984 and tied in October 2006.
    • In addition to the three official 10-game winning streaks, the Sabres have twice won at least 10 consecutive regular-season games during streaks that spanned two seasons: 15 games (April 8 to Oct. 26, 2006) and 11 games (April 1 to Oct. 26, 1975).
  • The Sabres now have points in 10 straight games for the first time since they recorded points in 11 straight from Dec. 26 to Jan. 18, 2010 (8-0-3).
  • Buffalo has won six straight home games for the first time since Nov. 28 to Dec. 15, 2014.
  • The Sabres are now 10-0-2 in one-goal games so far this season. Buffalo last won more than half of its one-goal games in a season in 2011-12 (21-9-11). The team’s current .833 winning percentage in one-goal games would top the franchise record of .714 (10-4-0) set in the 1977-78 season.
  • Jeff Skinner’s 19th goal of the season tied him for the league lead. He is on pace for 65 goals this season, which would be the second-highest goal total in Sabres history, trailing only Alexander Mogilny (76) in 1992-93.
  • With his goal tonight, Rasmus Ristolainen now has five points (1+4) in his last five games.
  • Tage Thompson, who registered an assist on Ristolainen’s goal, now has four points (3+1) in his last five games.
  • Kyle Okposo recorded the secondary assist on Ristolainen’s goal and now has 15 points (5+10) in 14 career games against San Jose.
  •  
Tonight’s Goaltenders
Tonight’s Stats
Team Goaltender Decision SV% GAA
Sharks Jones O .933 1.95
Sabres Hutton W .947 1.95
Updated Season Stats
Team Goaltender Record SV% GAA
Sharks Jones 9-5-3 .894 2.94
Sabres Hutton 12-6-1 .920 2.50

Post-Game Audio
Sabres head coach Phil Housley
Sabres forward Jeff Skinner
Sabres defenseman Rasmus Ristolainen
Sabres defenseman Nathan Beaulieu
Sharks head coach Peter DeBoer
Sharks forward Evander Kane
Sharks forward Joe Pavelski
Sharks defenseman Brett Burns
Sharks goaltender Martin Jones

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

I might be coming around on Reinhart. Would love a tasty plate of crow at the end of the year. 

But Scandella is a hopeless cause. 

Scandella is a third to fourth pairing defenseman. He's a functional defenseman who is good in the room. He serves as a placeholder player until the players in the Rochester pipeline move up the ranks. 

• Like (+1) 1