[Incomplete Title] Sabres (21-12-5) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 39 (MSG-B) vs. BOS (20-14-4) at 7 PM ET on 12/29

Conor Sheary and Marco Scandella, who both missed Buffalo's last game, will be out again tonight. Housley said they could be available for tomorrow night's match against the Panthers. 

Carter Hutton will be the starting goalie.

19 Jake McCabe - 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
26 Rasmus Dahlin - 4 Zach Bogosian
82 Nathan Beaulieu - 8 Casey Nelson

40 Carter Hutton
35 Linus Ullmark

I feel lucky that it’s tied 3-3 heading into the 3rd. 

Tampa is all over us. But the refs are also allowing them to get away with an awful lot. 

Tampa’s goalie is their only real weakness. Buffalo needs to ramp up the shots on net. 

Edited by BillsFan4

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Sabres (17-6-2) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 26 vs. TBL (17-7-1) at 7 PM ET on 11/30; It Ends at Ten
  • 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Sabres (17-7-2) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 27 vs. FLA (9-10-4) at 7 PM ET on 11/30; It Ends at Ten

Well, we knew it had to come to an end eventually. Kinda figured it would be tonight. 

Buffalo was actually lucky that it was a 1 goal game. Tampa dominated for large stretches of that game. 

Rough game from a few guys, too. Dahlin with some big mistakes. Hutton, for as great as he was, let in a couple that I’m sure he’d like back. 

Defense struggled without mccabe. But they had s tough task tonight, being down a d man most of the night + beaulieu’s 10 min. misconduct with McCabe already down. They looked exhausted by the end of the game. 

Oh well. Lets hope they get right back on the winning track tomorrow and start a new streak! 

Didn’t play that well, down a couple defenseman for big stretches against a cup contender on the road, and a late goal is the difference...Got a ways to go, but man I’ll take where we’re at right now. Will be interesting to see how we play over the next 10 or so. If we can keep from falling into a funk, I’ll really start to believe this thing may be way ahead of where I thought it would be. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Tampa is so much more polished but we are getting there. 

I have a different word: Potent. As others have said Tampa is a cup contending team. They outplayed us because they have more better players and deadly shooters. Kucherov is terrific.

My takeaway from this game isn't discouragement as much as encouragement.  The Sabres battled throughout the game. Although it was apparent that Tampa was the better team the Sabres fought and never quit. 

As I have said in almost every game our first star was the goalie. He was too often left exposed in the slot in front of him. He's tough! In the not too distant future Tage is going to be one of our primary scorers. 

9 hours ago, JohnC said:

I have a different word: Potent. As others have said Tampa is a cup contending team. They outplayed us because they have more better players and deadly shooters. Kucherov is terrific.

My takeaway from this game isn't discouragement as much as encouragement.  The Sabres battled throughout the game. Although it was apparent that Tampa was the better team the Sabres fought and never quit. 

As I have said in almost every game our first star was the goalie. He was too often left exposed in the slot in front of him. He's tough! In the not too distant future Tage is going to be one of our primary scorers. 

It was encouraging because most of them played very poorly, the officiating was poor, and they got beat on the road by 1 goal.  I look forward to another streak and a rematch between the two.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Doc said:

It was encouraging because most of them played very poorly, the officiating was poor, and they got beat on the road by 1 goal.  I look forward to another streak and a rematch between the two.

Tampa is one of the top teams, if not the top team, in the NHL. In watching this game you can see that they were the better team because of their offensive explosiveness. Yet, no one can come away from this game and say that we were out-classed. We battled and battled. Whenever they scored we responded and scored back. What kept us in this game against an elite team is our relentless effort throughout the game and our better goaltending. 

It is evident that the Sabres are a playoff team. Prior to the season most of us (including me) were hoping to be fringe playoff contenders. From what I have witnessed I have raised my expectation and consider them playoff team. If they don't qualify for the playoffs I will be deeply disappointed. If you put things in perspective the projection for the Sabres by most analysts prior to the season the and where they are now is beyond anyone's expectations. No one can deny that this is a tremendous leap forward. And it is safe to say that have jumped up the ranks more than any other team in the league. That's a lot more than I expected. And that is terrific. 

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This was a dangerous hit. Even Jack realized it after he did it. Does he deserve a suspension? I would say yes. 

• Like (+1) 1

cut.jpg

Game Preview: 11/30/18 at Florida

GAME-DAY RESOURCES

Game Notes NHL Stats Press Clips

LAST GAME
Thursday, November 29
Buffalo 4 at Tampa Bay 5
Goals: Reinhart (2), Girgensons, Thompson
Goalie: Hutton (32 saves/37 shots)
PP: 0/2; PK: 4/5; Shots: Tampa Bay 37 – Buffalo 22

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 91)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed

Matt Hunwick (neck, Oct. 4; injured reserve) – 26 games
Scott Wilson (ankle, Oct. 4; injured reserve) – 26 games
Patrik Berglund (upper body, Nov. 21; injured reserve) – 5 games
Conor Sheary (upper body, Nov. 27) – 2 games
Marco Scandella (upper body, Nov. 27) – 2 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
11/27: Recalled D Lawrence Pilut from Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Monday, Dec. 3: Buffalo at Nashville, 8 p.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 4: Toronto at Buffalo, 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 8: Philadelphia at Buffalo, 1 p.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 11: Los Angeles at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Dec. 13: Arizona at Buffalo, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
SABRES at PANTHERS
  • This is the first of four meetings between the Sabres and Panthers this season.
  • Last meeting: Florida defeated Buffalo 4-3 in Florida on April 7
  • Next meeting: Tuesday, Dec. 18 in Buffalo
  • The Sabres are 2-7-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Panthers; 2-7-1 on the road.
  • This is the 97th game all-time between Buffalo and Florida; Buffalo has a 48-40-8 series record.
  • The Sabres are 21-22-4 on the road against the Panthers all-time

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

This was a dangerous hit. Even Jack realized it after he did it. Does he deserve a suspension? I would say yes. 

IMO I don’t think it is.

Eichel just kind of gave him a little push. Its a play that happens 50 times a game. McDonaugh just happened to lose his balance. Probably 8 times out of 10 Eichel does that and nothing comes of it because McDonagh doesn’t lose his balance. 

I thought a 2 minute boarding penalty was all the punishment needed. I’d be surprised if Eichel faced any type of suspension. But who knows with the NHL... 

• Like (+1) 1