[Incomplete Title] Sabres (21-12-5) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 39 (MSG-B) vs. BOS (20-14-4) at 7 PM ET on 12/29

I love Eichel...but, he does seem “off” the last few games. He skates up the ice with the puck and invariably gives the puck away. Tries too hard to make a razzle dazzle play. I saw him make two terrible passes across our defensive zone. And he’s shooting when in bad position and passing when in good position (just saw that in last period where he was 10 feet from goal and he passed it to a group of skates). I love the kid but he’s in somewhat of a slump. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I love Eichel...but, he does seem “off” the last few games. He skates up the ice with the puck and invariably gives the puck away. Tries too hard to make a razzle dazzle play. I saw him make two terrible passes across our defensive zone. And he’s shooting when in bad position and passing when in good position (just saw that in last period where he was 10 feet from goal and he passed it to a group of skates). I love the kid but he’s in somewhat of a slump. 

Eichel must have seen this! :lol:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Great game. Toronto is loaded with skill and scorers. The Sabres went toe to toe. 

Risto is getting more active on the offensive side of the puck. I thought he played very well. 

I'm really impressed with Pilot. He's not going down. 

Ullmark played well. 

Matthews is unbelievably accurate with his shot. 

Dahlin is getting better and better. And he is barely scratching his potential. 

The loss was disappointing but how can you not be optimistic about the Sabres. My concern is that we are not getting secondary scoring. The first line needs some help.  

• Like (+1) 1

Wow, what a game! Two teams giving no quarter. Very proud of the effort put in by this group of players tonight. Rob Ray said this was their 11th game in 19 days. Talk about a grind. Ray also mentioned that teams can’t really have any decent practices with that kind of schedule, too. 

They’ve played the best teams in the league in that span and have stood toe to toe  But here’s the thing: the Tampa Bays, Nashvilles, and Torontos of the league have a lot less room between where they are now and their ceilings, while this team is still putting the pieces together. 

Rest up, heal up, get away from hockey for a day or two and then come back and start a new streak. 

• Like (+1) 3

Post-Game Report: 12/4 vs. Toronto

Final Score
  1st 2nd 3rd OT SO Final SOG
Maple Leafs
(20-8-0)
0 2 1 1 4 30
Sabres
(17-8-4)
0 1 2 0 3 41

Top Notes
  • With the overtime loss, the Sabres extended their home point streak to nine games (7-0-2), marking the team’s first nine-game home point streak since Feb. 17 to March 24, 2012 (7-0-2).
  • Tonight’s loss dropped the Sabres to 12-2-4 in one-goal games this season.
  • With a goal and an assist tonight, Sam Reinhart extended his point streak to five games (5+3). He now has goals in a career-best four straight games.
    • In his last 16 games, Reinhart has 18 points (7+11), including seven two-point efforts.
  • Jack Eichel’s two-goal night gave him 11 points (7+4) in his last six games against the Maple Leafs.
  • Rasmus Ristolainen, who recorded two assists tonight, now has six assists in five games against Toronto since the beginning of the 2017-18 season.
  • Rasmus Dahlin led both teams with 29:15 of ice time tonight, topping his previous career-high total (25:51) by 3:24.
  • Jeff Skinner’s assist extended his point streak against the Maple Leafs to four games (1+4).
Tonight’s Goaltenders

Tonight’s Stats
Team Goaltender Decision SV% GAA
Maple Leafs Andersen W .927 2.77
Sabres Ullmark O .897 2.73
Updated Season Stats
Team Goaltender Record SV% GAA
Maple Leafs Andersen 16-7-0 .931 2.32
Sabres Ullmark 5-0-3 .924 2.59

Post-Game Audio
Sabres head coach Phil Housley
Sabres forward Sam Reinhart
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres goaltender Linus Ullmark
Maple Leafs head coach Mike Babcock
Maple Leafs forward Auston Matthews
Maple Leafs forward John Tavares
Maple Leafs forward Patrick Marleau
Maple Leafs goaltender Frederik Andersen

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Sabres (17-8-4) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 30 (MSG-B) vs. PHI (11-12-2) at 1 PM ET on 12/8
8 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well... I almost got into a fight with a bunch of ******* leafs fans

they are the most annoying POS ever lmao

atleast I am drunk ?

What was the ratio of Leaf fans to Sabre fans. It was difficult to tell from TV. It seemed as if there were a lot of Leaf fans at the game?