Rank Drought Uniforms  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Regular Season

2. 2. Alt Uniforms

• Standing Buffalo Helmet
    • Color Rush Blue
    • Color Rush Red

Just now, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

what is this obsession TBD has with the draught?  Is this part of the healing process?  Do we have collective PDSD (Post-Draught Stress Disorder)?  Or is it just difficult to accept that THE DRAUGHT IS OVER?  Let it go!  And good riddance!  Be free!  

I was actually just thinking to myself, I wonder who the best equipment manager was for the Bills from 1999-2017....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I have a novel thought....you could start a poll asking us to rank them!!!

Or we could have a poll ranking all the 50 State and America the Beautiful quarters issued during the drought

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ICanSleepWhenI'mDead said:

If the uniforms are rank, why don't we just wash them?

If Zucker, Abrahams, and Zucker go back to writing, they might have some work for you.

I have too much respect for the members and the moderators to post the thread 'Rank Drought Draughts'.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I have a novel thought....you could start a poll asking us to rank them!!!

I would have expected better of/from you.

Our uniforms are the colors of the Union Jack, French Tricolour, and Stars and Stripes.

They are going to look good no matter which bits they color red, white, or blue.

4 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Might as well, we seem to be ranking everything else lately

http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/bills.shtml

Your poll doesn't allow ranking.

A better thread topic would be: "Pick your favorite."

Oh well.

5 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Our uniforms are the colors of the Union Jack, French Tricolour, and Stars and Stripes.

They are going to look good no matter which bits they color red, white, or blue.

Come on. The Bills had terrible uniforms in the 2000's. You can make any color scheme terrible if you try hard enough.

Guys the red helmets were 1984. Vince Feragamo ('85) and Jim Kelly ('86) had nothing to do with it. It was then head coach Kay Stephenson. At that time in the AFC East the Bills, Dolphins, Pats, and Colts all had white helmets (not the Jets) and Stephenson thought it would help the QBs find their targets especially down field. It started in '83 when Kay took over, they made the buffalo logo bigger on the side of the helmet, and then switched to red the following year. Kay was a QB coach under Knox so he was trying to help the offense out.

My only gripes with the current unis are the collars that have changed, like, every year since 2011. Thick white, to thick white with some unbalanced piping, then thinner white and piping but stops at the V where it changes to blue, and now a smaller section of blue at the V around the NFL shield. Nike totally trashed good jerseys with this design element that only serves to be different for difference's sake. The 'Aints jerseys with the black collar on whites / gold collar on blacks are maybe the most hideous in the league... and then you look at their alt uni without any collar and it's, IMO, the best-looking uni in the league. 

We should just get rid of the collar altogether and make it all blue, akin to our blue standing buffalo alt set from several years ago. 

I also am not a fan of the black piping. In the era of HD, it's not necessary for television picture clarity. It's something several teams did in the late '90s-early '00s and which those teams have now corrected. See how the Phins got rid of the darker blue piping for a wider orange; such a small tweak producing such a big visual improvement. I say this with love, because I have a whole side of my family in WNY, but the area is a weird time-warp where everything is about 10 years behind the times. Ditching the black would make space to increase the red or blue accent piping on the shoulders.

It would also be more consistent to have the piping around the names rather than just white or just blue. The red piping around the name letters on the current throwbacks is excellent.

The current uni set is hands-down the best since we moved on from the Kelly-era unis. These few very minor tweaks would make them perfect, IMO.