Three reasons to hire Jordan Palmer

The first reason is obvious - continue to aid Josh Allen's development

The second reason is that he probably knows the Jets' franchise QB's strengths and weaknesses better than anybody else. We meet em twice a year to eternity and the defense would like to hear Palmer's take on what to do vs. Darnold.

The third reason - if we dont hire him, the Jets might. Or worse, the Patriots will hire him for a year and Belicheat will get valuable insight into QBs they will face 4 times a year.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I agree.  Question is, does we want to become an nfl qb coach or would he prefer to keep doing what he’s doing and building his brand?

I think if he becomes a QB Coach and the QB develops that is a feather in his hat. A nice resume builder. 

However by not directly tieing himself to a QBs development (in the league) his brand can suffer no major hits. 

3 Reasons Not To:

Too many cooks in the kitchen.

Believe it or not, Culley has been around better QB development with Andy Reid almost his entire career.

Palmer aint giving up his cushy, California consulting gig for a high-pressure coaching job

No.  Encourage the self investment and utilize your own coaches.  Teach him the offense, situationaly when you want him to reign himself in, and give him some drill to learn the footwork.  With the limited feild work allowed in the CBA have him continue the self evaluation.

On 5/3/2018 at 4:01 PM, Bangarang said:

LOL this can’t be serious

Oh they’re serious.

Its like the Patriots have casted spells on people. I cannot wait until they return to their rightful place in the AFC East,

the doormat, just to discontinue hearing about them in every breath. 

Would also add that it sounds like he’s more of a mentor (though a paid one, I guess), than a “guru”.  If so, im sure they’ll be talking and working together regardless of  whether he’s on the staff or not...

Given Allen’s high praise for him, I suspect Palmer will continue to work with Allen whether the Bills hire him or not. Numerous QBs in the league have worked with outside coaches for as long as I can remember. 

On 5/3/2018 at 12:57 PM, Deep2Moulds46 said:

The reason you don't hire him is it's against the CBA for a player to be coached during certain times of the year. 

For him to continue working with Allen whenever they want, the best thing would be for him not to be a Bills employee

I have been stating this for weeks and emphasised this when Bills drafted Josh Allen.  And I do not believe Jordan Palmer will take employment on any team other than one of his "boys".

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You know this guys all have offseason qb coaches that teams never hire, right?  There’s like a million of these guys.  Also, how do we know he’s improved under Palmer? Because Palmer says so?

exactly! who would know better than how much allen has improved under palmer than palmer himself? and if he still sucks under palmer, palmer would be the first to know, hence the best person to know what to fix. it's a classic (football, lol) catch 21.

On May 3, 2018 at 1:07 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

3 Reasons Not To:

Too many cooks in the kitchen.

Believe it or not, Culley has been around better QB development with Andy Reid almost his entire career.

Palmer aint giving up his cushy, California consulting gig for a high-pressure coaching job

From his perspective, sticking with what he is doing is much preferable to becoming a QB coach with a team, and then subjecting himself to the ebb and flow of success at that team.

What he has going is way more stable.  

Trying to find a new job every few years and moving around the country isn't really a great lifestyle, though I realize lots of coaches are willing to do that.