What Is Your Favorite (or Least Favorite) Russ Brandon Memory

The time he "privately" boasted to other male community business leaders at a cocktail function...maybe Buffalo Club members, or some other such affluent network...about his recent visit to a Japanese brothel. Essentially it boiled to him being revered as some very "large" American man for whom their prophylactics were too small. Rich stuff, especially if you've stood next to him.  

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Today, so far... but the story behind his departure is going to be the gift that keeps on giving.:lol:

Or it could go the way of Pat LaFontaines surprise departure from the Sabres...still mostly a mystery all these years later.

The worst is definitely the Toronto Series deal.  A slap in the face to fans.  Extending Jauron and trading Peters also ranks up there.  

The best was reaching the seven year $271 million lease deal in 2012.  

• Like (+1) 1

My favorite moment is when he was fired as well. 

Russ has been the purveyor of the stank of losing around both franchises for a loooong time.  His measure of success wasn't W/L record on the field or on the ice, it was are we selling tickets and are we hitting our number$.  Period.  

Not surprised he turned out to me a lying d-bad either.  Rood riddance to bad garbage.  Don't let the door hit you on the A** on your way, Russ.  

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

The worst is definitely the Toronto Series deal.  A slap in the face to fans.  Extending Jauron and trading Peters also ranks up there.  

The best was reaching the seven year $271 million lease deal in 2012.  

I think he saw the Toronto crowd as the logical extension of him.  Urbane. Suave.  Sophisticated.

25 minutes ago, Philly McButterpants said:

Rood riddance to bad garbage.  Don't let the door hit you on the A** on your way, Russ.  

I agree with you and Astro.

7 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

The time he "privately" boasted to other male community business leaders at a cocktail function...maybe Buffalo Club members, or some other such affluent network...about his recent visit to a Japanese brothel. Essentially it boiled to him being revered as some very "large" American man for whom their prophylactics were too small. Rich stuff, especially if you've stood next to him.  

?...on so many levels.

6 hours ago, Buftex said:

Or it could go the way of Pat LaFontaines surprise departure from the Sabres...still mostly a mystery all these years later.

Though it was never confirmed, what I have heard is Pat was hired to do a job but never was given the power to do that job because of Russ AKA Russ marketing a bad team by hiring a known name.

Edited by The Wiz

My least favorite was knowing he told Pegula “don’t let him leave the building “ in reference to Rex Ryan, but that changes this morning upon reading his statement in his last conference.  

His is goal was to last 20 years with the Bills.  Longevity?   In other words he was in it for himself.   Not to win?  Not to build excellence?  Not to be a positive influence or give back to the community?  

I have no favovorite moments related lates to Brandon.   

Ralph is probably turning in his grave.  

Good riddance Russ.   

59 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Aw, poor Russ going to have to buy 'off the rack' like the rest of us shlubs.  Hey, what do you mean, $10 to hem the pants?!

I think Russ got a piece of the Bills sale.  He can afford the $10 hems

Edited by BuffaloRush

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

And then, a few years later, he was the one announcing that the Toronto deal would not be extended.

I always got the sense he wanted to be the guy who could say it was over when in fact it was his thing to begin with.

• Like (+1) 1

Favourite memory? Obviously it's when he got Psy to perform Gangnam Style during one of the Toronto games. Honestly felt like we were in the Super Bowl that day. The atmosphere was electric!!

Least favourite? That time he sold me a used Dodge Neon. He told me it was in mint condition and the thing fell apart after a week. By then he had shipped out and was apparently trying to sell a monorail to some city folk in the midwest.

Good luck to you Russ. I think the Ghostbusters franchise is still looking for a real life version of Slimer. Can't think of a better fit for you. 

Edited by QB Bills
  • Haha (+1) 1

Worst moments:  The Toronto abomination, done under the guise he was helping expand the brand, but all too obvious was the buttering up of the Toronto fanbase for a more permanent move.  Especially when he was pushing for a second game to be played there.

Miss him not, I won't.

Best day:  yesterday.