Browns Take Mayfield at #1

13 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Everyone reporting on the Giants today is saying it's Barkley. That makes me feel a lot better.

I'm currently listening to a NY Beat writer that's saying Barkley to the Giants.

He thinks Mayfield #3.  Browns take Chubb at #4.  #5 will be a hot spot for trades.

#1 Darnold to Brown....doesn't buy the Mayfield hype.

45 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

And his QB Rating was 86, good for 22nd in the NFL.

Manning is at the end of the line. They need a long term solution who can push for his job in case he plays poorly again. 

They can get an elite RB in round 2. 

Sure. 

But how many teams are building around RBs these days?

QB >>>> RB 

I’m not debating this at all. All I am saying is that the general consensus is Barkley is the best player in the draft and, while old, the Giants have a franchise quarterback. I don’t know if they will take Barkley or not. I hope they do. My only point is that Barkley is considered quite unique as far as running backs are concerned.

Bills want Darnold and obviously want to get to #2 to guarantee him being there but Giants are refusing three 1st's and multiple other picks to take Darren Sproles in heels lol.

I'm more than fine with Jets getting their choice between Darnold and Rosen and us getting the other for discounted price at #4.

21 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

But Brees and Wilson blow that issue out of the water. Not saying he is the same, but height isn't as important. 

Again, it’s why it’s surprising. They went in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I didn’t say he shouldn’t go high. It’s why some say it’s “surprising” 

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Darnold and Mayfield will be gone by 3 at the latest.  Personally, I think the Giants realize that they will not have such a good  chance to replace Manning as this year, so they might be gone before #3.

I wouldn't be suprised if the top 4 end up all being QBs. 

2 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Bills want Darnold and obviously want to get to #2 to guarantee him being there but Giants are refusing three 1st's and multiple other picks to take Darren Sproles in heels lol.

I'm more than fine with Jets getting their choice between Darnold and Rosen and us getting the other for discounted price at #4.

They're not turning down 3 firsts for a RB, unless they're complete morons.

If the Giants don't trade out, it's because they're taking their QB.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Hue Jackson has already said there's no QB competition...Taylor is starting.  But then take Mayfield who might be ready to start now?

Hue Jackson's wordsbhold no value there. He's reportedly gone after this year.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Oh yes, my browns fan friends are beyond pissed

Since the buzz now is all Mayfield when previously it was Darnold.....I wonder if it's a Johnny Manziel situation again?   The scouts wanted to stay away from him but Haslam made the call on Manziel.  I wonder if he's making a power play and telling his staff to take Mayfield.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Since the buzz now is all Mayfield when previously it was Darnold.....I wonder if it's a Johnny Manziel situation again?   The scouts wanted to stay away from him but Haslam made the call on Manziel.  I wonder if he's making a power play and telling his staff to take Mayfield.

It's Scot McCloughan.

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

He can't help us now...but I suppose there's another red-headed number 14 that can...

yes he can be the sacrificial lamb that goes to the horrible Jets organization so we can get the Chosen Rosen

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Couldn't Haslam still over rule him?  I'm just speculating, not guessing or predicting.

Do you know something?

He owns the team so he obviously could, but I believe he's allowing his football people to make the call. Lesson learned perhaps.