Browns Take Mayfield at #1

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

I am fully convinced if Mayfield goes 1st, that the Jets take Rosen #3.  He is closer to the mold of the QBs their GM and OC have taken in the past.

Getting prepared for Darnold to be the guy the Bills take.

you might be right and they would probably be ok with that.  i heard Rosen killed it at his Jets interview and they really like him.  he could be the pick at 3 no matter who goes #1

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I am fully convinced if Mayfield goes 1st, that the Jets take Rosen #3.  He is closer to the mold of the QBs their GM and OC have taken in the past.

Getting prepared for Darnold to be the guy the Bills take.

If Darnold is there at 4, let the bidding war begin.

7 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

i'm trying to remain positive.  it's likely that it could go:

1. Mayfield

2. Barkley

3. Darnold

4. Bills trade - Rosen

hopefully this doesn't screw everything up for us 

If Mayfield goes #1 I think we're screwed. 

Allen going #1 was great. Darnold going #1 was fine.

If Mayfield goes #1, I think it's more likely than not that QBs go 1-2-3 and we'll be in serious trouble. 

9 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Makes sense. 

Baker Mayfield upgrades their offense enormously. 

Mayfield, with Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry and David Njoku could be an amazing offense. 

They also might have a shot at Barkley at 4, and if they don't, they can trade down and try to pick up picks to grab a franchise LT. 

Great point. If they go Darnold at 1, then from what everyone is saying,  Giants go Barkley at 2. 

But, if they go Mayfield at 1, then the Giants go Darnold at 2, Jets take QB at 3, and then the Browns get Barkley at 4.

The second scenario scares the crap out of me because that leaves only one QB left after pick 3 and everything hinges on Denver. If Denver goes for the last QB, we are screwed.

Just now, jrober38 said:

If Mayfield goes #1 I think we're screwed. 

Allen going #1 was great. Darnold going #1 was fine.

If Mayfield goes #1, I think it's more likely than not that QBs go 1-2-3 and we'll be in serious trouble. 

i don't think Giants go QB in any scenario.  they want to win now with Eli.  hard to sell that to the fans when you use your first pick on a QB that won't play for 2 yrs

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, cle23 said:

If Darnold is there at 4, let the bidding war begin.

If Darnold gets to #4 and a bidding war starts, the Bills are squarely in the driver's seat.    People keep mentioning Arizona, but it will for sure take 2019 #1 for them to get up there, they dont have the ammo not to.

Patriots are a wild card, but I'd be surprised if they move up for Darnold.

As much as this will drive me insane, I think it's time to go watch some Allen highlights. I think he's going to be a Bill tonight and it is frustrating to no end.

I watched all but 1 of his games live this season and I just want no part of him. But if the Browns do take Mayfield at 1, there is a very high chance the only guy we have a shot at is Allen. If that's the case, I'd rather the Bills just take Jackson. Allen is my 5th QB and is not even worth the 12th pick, let alone a guy you trade up for. 

At least watching Allen's highlights will make him look like Marino. Unfortunately, the plays they don't show in those highlights make him look like Manuel, Boller, Russell, etc. Uggggh.... After all this, to get stuck with Allen..... What a disaster. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Less than 11 hours until we find out. 

True, true!  Not shooting the messenger, btw, and yes, it has happened: I've been wrong before! :D

I just don't think a six foot tall QB will be taken 1st, that's all.  I can't wrap my head around it. :)

Just now, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

True, true!  Not shooting the messenger, btw, and yes, it has happened: I've been wrong before! :D

I just don't think a six foot tall QB will be taken 1st, that's all.  I can't wrap my head around it. :)

If I were them, it would be Darnold.

1 minute ago, sven233 said:

As much as this will drive me insane, I think it's time to go watch some Allen highlights. I think he's going to be a Bill tonight and it is frustrating to no end.

I watched all but 1 of his games live this season and I just want no part of him. But if the Browns do take Mayfield at 1, there is a very high chance the only guy we have a shot at is Allen. If that's the case, I'd rather the Bills just take Jackson. Allen is my 5th QB and is not even worth the 12th pick, let alone a guy you trade up for. 

At least watching Allen's highlights will make him look like Marino. Unfortunately, the plays they don't show in those highlights make him look like Manuel, Boller, Russell, etc. Uggggh.... After all this, to get stuck with Allen..... What a disaster. 

The sky is not falling.   The Giants will not take a quarterback number two and the Bills have plenty of picks to move up to #4 and get Darnold. 

less than 10 hours we will all know.....thank the baby jeebus! 

Almost.  Over.

And then the 10 million posts as to how the Bills royally screwed the pooch based on actions they have NO control of.  Good Times!

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

The sky is not falling.   The Giants will not take a quarterback number two and the Bills have plenty of picks to move up to #4 and get Darnold. 

That's the thing.... I'm not so sure the Giants do pass on QB. I know there has been a prevailing thought that they won't, but until they don't take one, I still believe there is a good chance they do. Hopefully they don't and we have a shot at Darnold or Rosen, but there is a good chance the Giants pivot and decide to take a QB. 

6 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

i don't think Giants go QB in any scenario.  they want to win now with Eli.  hard to sell that to the fans when you use your first pick on a QB that won't play for 2 yrs

The Giants won't be in a position to draft a top QB again for several years. 

If they get a shot at Darnold, I don't see anyway they pass on him. It's an unbelievably deep RB class, and they can grab an impact player there in round 2. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

If I were them, it would be Darnold.

Well, if I were them: I don't think any of the QB's is worth the number one pick.  At four, sure: Rosen.  I don't think Darnold is all he's cracked up to be, and like I said, Mayfield, while a baller, is still short.  And Allen is Allen.

If I were the Browns, I would take the BPA on their board at 1, and then Rosen at 4.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

Well, if I were them: I don't think any of the QB's is worth the number one pick.  At four, sure: Rosen.  I don't think Darnold is all he's cracked up to be, and like I said, Mayfield, while a baller, is still short.  And Allen is Allen.

If I were the Browns, I would take the BPA on their board at 1, and then Rosen at 4.

Dorsey will not and cannot do that given his charge from the owner and their "Factory of Sadness" legacy.

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It makes so much sense.

Mayfield is an elite gamer who makes people better. Sit him behind Tyrod for as long as you can, and when his time comes he'll have one of the best offensive supporting casts in the league to play with. 

Throw in the fact that they might get Barkley at #4, and that offense could be lethal. 

Giants aren’t taking a QB at 2.  I think top 2 QB’s on Bills draft board are Rosen and Mayfield.  I don’t think Darnold and Allen are ready to play this year.  Getting rid of a Tyrod and signing McCarron points to Bills going after a QB who can play immediately.  

Just now, jrober38 said:

If they get a shot at Darnold, I don't see anyway they pass on him. It's an unbelievably deep RB class, and they can grab an impact player there in round 2. 

maybe, but like i said it's the perception that they are giving up on Eli which is what got the previous regime fired.  the ownership very much wants a gm/coach that can win now with Eli.  you are right, that would be the smart move.  i just don't think they are in a position to do that

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

The Giants no longer have a #1 pass rusher.  They have Vernon who is a nice supplement, but don't be surprised when they take Bradley Chubb at 2.

I think Cleveland trades out of four to move down for a LT and Barkley slides to #5 to the Broncos.

10 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

If Darnold gets to #4 and a bidding war starts, the Bills are squarely in the driver's seat.    People keep mentioning Arizona, but it will for sure take 2019 #1 for them to get up there, they dont have the ammo not to.

Patriots are a wild card, but I'd be surprised if they move up for Darnold.

I agree that Buffalo has the most draft capital to move up, and would probably win the bid, but it'll drive up the cost to have Darnold there and a bunch of teams interested.

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

maybe, but like i said it's the perception that they are giving up on Eli which is what got the previous regime fired.  the ownership very much wants a gm/coach that can win now with Eli.  you are right, that would be the smart move.  i just don't think they are in a position to do that

"Giving up" on Eli for #2 pick is a lot different than giving up on him for Geno Smith. 

There's no way they don't pick Darnold if he's available. 

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

The Giants no longer have a #1 pass rusher.  They have Vernon who is a nice supplement, but don't be surprised when they take Bradley Chubb at 2.

I think Cleveland trades out of four to move down for a LT and Barkley slides to #5 to the Broncos.

QB is exponentially more important that a pass rusher. 

1 minute ago, McBean said:

The GIANTS are taking Darnold! Book it.

That's my feeling as well if CLE passes on him.  If I were a Giants fan, I'd be super pissed if my team passed on a quarterback...

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

There are no elite LT in this draft,  and Coleman was decent at RT last year and is moving back to his more natural LT position. If McGlinchey drops to the 20s I could see it, but they aren't desperate for a LT.

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

"Giving up" on Eli for #2 pick is a lot different than giving up on him for Geno Smith. 

There's no way they don't pick Darnold if he's available. 

QB is exponentially more important that a pass rusher. 

QB is more important than pass rusher, I agree.  Except the Giants already have a Hall of Fame quarterback, and another prospect developing behind him.

I completely disagree.  I think the Darnold smoke has been 100% about trying to rob people of draft picks. 

• Like (+1) 2

Ppl that are sure giants would take Darnold if there at 2..

why do you think they would have made it so clear if they REALLY wanted him with a qb needy team ahead of them?

doesnt seem to jive w it being true to me.. to me it’s so Cleveland passes on their non qb they’d want or driving up asking price. 

5 minutes ago, McBean said:

The GIANTS are taking Darnold! Book it.

Unless they have a trade in place for Eli or he’s in on the con job and announces his retirement after the draft, there’s no way in hell they are taking a QB at 2.  He is too beloved by the fan base to do something like that to him, even if it’s the smart long term thing to do.  

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

QB is more important than pass rusher, I agree.  Except the Giants already have a Hall of Fame quarterback, and another prospect developing behind him.

I completely disagree.  I think the Darnold smoke has been 100% about trying to rob people of draft picks. 

Ugh. 

Eli is 37 and hasn't been good in years. Davis Webb is just a guy until he proves otherwise. 

They have an opportunity to solidify the QB position for the next 10+ years. No chance they pass that up.