Tyler Dunne Has It Right

9 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Orton was a better QB than Tyrod Taylor. 

12 games (7-5), 64.2 % cmp, 3018 yds, 18 TDs, 10 INTs, 251.5 yds/gm,  (3) 300+ games (with 2 more that were close)

Tyrod's best season:

15 games (8-6), 63.7% cmp, 3035 yds, 20 TDs, 6 INTs, 216.8 yds/gm,  (0) 300+ games (1 that was close)

Ah...another passing yards geek.

Dig deeper

14 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The only "win with any QB" teams I can remember are the early 2000's Ravens(Dilfer) and Bucs(Brad Johnson). I also haven't seen a defense like either of those in a REALLY long time. I don't believe that even Seattle's was that hood at their peak. 

Just now, H2o said:

The only "win with any QB" teams I can remember are the early 2000's Ravens(Dilfer) and Bucs(Brad Johnson). I also haven't seen a defense like either of those in a REALLY long time. I don't believe that even Seattle's was that hood at their peak. 

How could you forget Jeff Hostettler?

You can't just trade up for any of the 5 or 6 guys which ever one is left.  It's gotta be a guy you have high confidence could be THE GUY.  I find it doubtful Beane thinks they are all even.

I like Mayfield and Jackson.  The rest have BUST (especially Rosen and Allen) written all over them with a capital B IMHO.

1 minute ago, greeneblitz said:

if they can't get a starting caliber QB through trading up then I think they should try to trade a 1st to get some picks to try again next year and go with what we have, not waste picks on projects

Speaking of trading up, has anyone else seen Chad Reuter’s most recent mock on NFL. com?  I would love it because the bills trade up to number five and get Darnold with the Browns taking Allen, the Jets Mayfield and the phins move up to 6 and Rosen. Three new quarterback’s in the AFC East!

To me the only two quarterbacks worth trading up for are Darnold or Rosen. If the bills can’t get that done then just stay with 12 and 22 and let the chips fall where they may. The other two are way too high risk for me.

6 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

One source says we will trade another says no way, beane says- no trade in place, NYC based guy says source says we are gunning for it....

Jeez I can't take it anymore...Also Dunne does have it right btw

No trade in place............yet.  Beane can move to #2 or #5.  Giants probably are not wanting a QB.

If they pick a non-QB Beane has got #5.  Giants will move to take what Beane will offer.

I personally avoided all this QB draft stuff for as long as possible.................now it's getting exciting.

18 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

It's OBDs call either way, but it will be a letdown for the fans.

Mason Rudolph in the 1st round is like walking into a steakhouse, looking through all the premier selections, and ending up with a shank

The problem with that analogy is that I look at this menu of 2018 QB's from top to bottom and I don't see any premier cuts.  I see a bunch of pretty good with a big question mark hanging over every single one of them.

To me, trading up in this environment would feel like spending $20 to have my hamburger with steak sauce instead of $15 with ketchup b/c I wanted steak the restaurant doesn't serve!!! 

What if the Giants, Browns, Jets,  and Broncos feel they can't afford to watch all those QB's on the sideline either and they take QB's and won't trade?

Then just get any one?

I guess I just disagree with how Dunne presented it and I think desperation is the wrong way for a new front office to operate.   They are handling it (so far) how I would expect.  They've put themselves in a position to trade for a higher pick and they clearly recognize the need.  Because of our season last year we are heavily reliant on other teams (some QB needy also) to trade with us. 

12, 22 and additional picks may not be enough to get to 2, 4 or 5 so we're not in a perfect situation.  We either need one of those teams to not like the remaining QB's to trade or not like them enough to pass on them - giving us the possible opportunity to trade with Chicago, Tampa, or Oakland.  

Be prepared that this could be difficult for the Bills to pull off and isn't just a matter of their level of "desperation" to do it.  

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

I don't buy TDs opinion as fact here. Why does he think this? The Bills were interested in Trubisky last year. If he felt he could win with any QB, why not take Mahomes or Watson then. He can win with either, right?  Most observers opined that last years Bills draft " felt different" from the previous Whaley drafts. Like someone else was calling the shots. It's highly likely that McD knew he was going to be working with a new GM in short order. A huge decision like franchise QB is probably best made with whomever that GM is. I can see a new unproven HC not wanting to make that decision with dead-man-walking Whaley. That's why he punted. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

You can't just trade up for any of the 5 or 6 guys which ever one is left.  It's gotta be a guy you have high confidence could be THE GUY.  I find it doubtful Beane thinks they are all even.

I like Mayfield and Jackson.  The rest have BUST (especially Rosen and Allen) written all over them with a capital B IMHO.

yes. this is critical. the capitol it takes move , as they are poised to,  does not mean the QB s they desire will bet at 2. or 5 6 or seven either. hope they know want they want and just how to get it.

If they move and pick up a QB ? I bet they feel he is THE QB that will take them to the promised land. If they don't we know what they thought of the Qbs that remained. Still need to take one though in the first though

8 minutes ago, macaroni said:

All I have to say is desperation is a poor evaluator of talent

Steady as she goes Captain Beane. 

from PFT

Report: Bills unlikely to trade up to No. 2

Posted by Charean Williams on April 23, 2018, 5:26 PM EDT
605918884-e1517325535342.jpg?w=560&h=316
Getty Images

The Giants might trade down from No. 2, but if they do, it’s unlikely Dave Gettleman’s buddy, Brandon Beane, will be the one moving up.

The Bills aren’t expected to use their picks to climb to the second spot, Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports. Instead, the Bills will pull the trigger on trading up only if a quarterback they like slips to No. 5 or No. 6, he adds.

Buffalo has plenty of ammunition to make a move, with two first-round choices, two second-round choices and two third-round choices.

The Jets’ trade up to the third spot has added intrigue to the No. 2 choice and what the Giants might do, and Beane and Gettleman worked together in Carolina.

But the Bills General Manager recently denied a report that the Giants and Bills have the framework in place for a trade.

“I don’t get into that, but that’s not true,” Beane told One Bills Live, via Ryan Talbot of Yahoo. “I’m going to leave it at that.”

5 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Which was exactly the same way Rex was...that’s the danger in having defensive minded HC’s.

I think he was wise to put the new scouting staff etc in place first. The whole group was revamped !
Smart to wait.
hindsight it hurts a wee bit of course 

40 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Or do like most golfers i know. Drop a ball on the fairway or just take another swing.

And take the fun out of the game. No way... the only fun is finding more balls then you lost.

1 hour ago, Ayjent said:

Problem is that the biggest hole that has put them in desperation mode is by their own hand.  How's that 3rd rounder for Tyrod looking right now?  I'm not a Tyrod is the answer type guy, but he was a hell of a lot better than who they've had at QB for nearly a decade before him, and he would have allowed the team to operate with a margin for error. 

People like to think this regime is different than in the past, and I hope that they are right, but they just made a similar mistake they made before drafting EJ

Fundamentally disagree. This group identified this as a QB class that has great upside and was worth building draft capital with the ability to grab one of them. Had the regime that drafted EJ had been as aggressive during the 2011 or 2012 draft years they may have had a better shot at a top QB. Instead they literally drafted a QB who was a 2nd-3rd caliber QB. I watch enough college football and remember the 2013 draft as a whole not being anything special to pull the trigger on and the talent wasn't close to this draft. This year in general has the potential to be one of the better QB draft classes in a long time.

The only similar mistake would've been keeping a flawed QB which we had seen his ceiling so we were forced to pull the trigger 2 years too late. Your not mistaken that they could guess wrong and this may implode but you have to take your shots with the best odds you can and they have set themselves for a decent shot.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, White Linen said:

What if the Giants, Browns, Jets,  and Broncos feel they can't afford to watch all those QB's on the sideline either and they take QB's and won't trade?

Then just get any one?

I guess I just disagree with how Dunne presented it and I think desperation is the wrong way for a new front office to operate.   They are handling it (so far) how I would expect.  They've put themselves in a position to trade for a higher pick and they clearly recognize the need.  Because of our season last year we are heavily reliant on other teams (some QB needy also) to trade with us. 

12, 22 and additional picks may not be enough to get to 2, 4 or 5 so we're not in a perfect situation.  We either need one of those teams to not like the remaining QB's to trade or not like them enough to pass on them - giving us the possible opportunity to trade with Chicago, Tampa, or Oakland.  

Be prepared that this could be difficult for the Bills to pull off and isn't just a matter of their level of "desperation" to do it.  

Could have got to 3