Tyler Dunne Has It Right

6 minutes ago, Ayjent said:

You can keep the guy and put yourself in a better position to take players when you see the opportunity and not bet the farm and hope you win.  Water under the bridge, but I never said to settle for Tyrod.  My point was that it makes a lot more sense to keep a decent QB until you are sure you have a better option.  And giving up a decent starter at QB for a 3rd rounder isn't going to get you any closer to a better option.

It might. They weren't going to pay the freight to Tyrod for 7-9, 8-8, 9-7. That just keeps the wheels of mediocrity spinning. They've waited 22 years to see the opportunity. At some point you have to make your own opportunity. 

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Orton was not better

Fitz was DEFINATELY not better

Orton was a better QB than Tyrod Taylor. 

12 games (7-5), 64.2 % cmp, 3018 yds, 18 TDs, 10 INTs, 251.5 yds/gm,  (3) 300+ games (with 2 more that were close)

Tyrod's best season:

15 games (8-6), 63.7% cmp, 3035 yds, 20 TDs, 6 INTs, 216.8 yds/gm,  (0) 300+ games (1 that was close)

10 minutes ago, Ayjent said:

You can keep the guy and put yourself in a better position to take players when you see the opportunity and not bet the farm and hope you win.  Water under the bridge, but I never said to settle for Tyrod.  My point was that it makes a lot more sense to keep a decent QB until you are sure you have a better option.  And giving up a decent starter at QB for a 3rd rounder isn't going to get you any closer to a better option.

AJ McCarron is an adequate replacement for TT you will get the same numbers with him.

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

It might. They weren't going to pay the freight to Tyrod for 7-9, 8-8, 9-7. That just keeps the wheels of mediocrity spinning. They've waited 22 years to see the opportunity. At some point you have to make your own opportunity. 

They gave up opportunities last year without costing a ton of draft capital.  Instead they opted to load up for this draft.  They put themselves here.

3 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

Thing is, I'm not at all convinced  Rudolph's ceiling is measurably lower than these other guys - he's a big 6'5" with accuracy and a track record of big-school FFS.

I'd be totally fine staying put, grabbing a stud LB at 12, and Rudolph at 22.

It's OBDs call either way, but it will be a letdown for the fans.

Mason Rudolph in the 1st round is like walking into a steakhouse, looking through all the premier selections, and ending up with a shank

Edited by TheElectricCompany

56 minutes ago, Ayjent said:

Problem is that the biggest hole that has put them in desperation mode is by their own hand.  How's that 3rd rounder for Tyrod looking right now?  I'm not a Tyrod is the answer type guy, but he was a hell of a lot better than who they've had at QB for nearly a decade before him, and he would have allowed the team to operate with a margin for error. 

People like to think this regime is different than in the past, and I hope that they are right, but they just made a similar mistake they made before drafting EJ

Getting the first pick in the 3rd round for a guy who's about to be the placeholder/backup for a team that went 0-16 last year??  THAT TRADE??

LOOKS LIKE THE SAME AMAZING STEAL IT DID WHEN IT HAPPENED.

Honestly, Bills fans sometimes.  :wallbash:

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, twoandfourteen said:

12 games (7-5), 64.2 % cmp, 3018 yds, 18 TDs, 10 INTs, 251.5 yds/gm,  (3) 300+ games (with 2 more that were close)

Tyrod's best season:

15 games (8-6), 63.7% cmp, 3035 yds, 20 TDs, 6 INTs, 216.8 yds/gm,  (0) 300+ games (1 that was close)

I am always surprised by the negativity level that people had/have toward Orton.

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I hope everyone's prepared to give up this entire draft....the scouts better not @#&% this up....

It does appear more and more likely that this is the case....

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I hope everyone's prepared to give up this entire draft....the scouts better not @#&% this up....

You mean the draft capital that they acquired to GO GET the QB.  Yep I am ready to give that up to go get the QB

3 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Tyrod's best season:

I'd go with Hotrod because he didn't fold up down the stretch like Kyle did in Oakland.

1 hour ago, Ayjent said:

Problem is that the biggest hole that has put them in desperation mode is by their own hand.  How's that 3rd rounder for Tyrod looking right now?  I'm not a Tyrod is the answer type guy, but he was a hell of a lot better than who they've had at QB for nearly a decade before him, and he would have allowed the team to operate with a margin for error. 

People like to think this regime is different than in the past, and I hope that they are right, but they just made a similar mistake they made before drafting EJ

No Love for AJ ?

Bills certainly feel better about AJM than they did TT to run the system they want to put in place.

• Like (+1) 1

Honestly it doesn’t matter what we do. If we trade the farm for a guy and he doesn’t work out, and we could have had one or maybe 2 guys by standing pat that would be a disaster.  If we reach for Rudolph that’s a bad call, if the patriots take him with their pick then it’s a genius grab.  If we didn’t have such a brutal schedule coming up I’d say trade whatever and get who we want.   We will most likely be picking too 10 next year anyways.  If we trade the farm for a guy and he sits, then what’s the big deal with not trading and taking a chance on someone later and fill the many holes we have this year? 

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I like this tweet.  It hints toward the Bill's being the only team that can give NYG what they need to trade out of #2.

It will cost less than most think.

One source says we will trade another says no way, beane says- no trade in place, NYC based guy says source says we are gunning for it....

Jeez I can't take it anymore...Also Dunne does have it right btw

I know I'm in the minority, but I would be excited by just about any of the top 6 QBs. Obviously I'd like to see Darnold or Rosen, but if they can't move up and they end up with Jackson or Rudolph, I'd still be pretty excited to see how either one of those does. They all have intriguing upside, and I think any of those six can develop into an excellent QB.

But yeah, I realize not everybody thinks that.

• Like (+1) 1