The Dolphins and Jaguars Unveil New Uniforms Today

21 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

these guys have new uniforms every season it seems

Right? And the dolphins had it so right for so long too. (Although I hate em, for the dolphins- it worked)

Jags, meh..

All this flip flopping has cost them their identity. 

Jags finally got rid of that terrible helmet...

You could have shown me that video of the dolphins uni and told me that it was 3 years old and I would have believed that those had been their uniform for the past three years... Literally cannot tell. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Phins unis are not much different from what I can see but they didn't take it Arena Football League style so good for them. Looks like getting rid of excess colors and that's what I like to see.

Very happy to see the Jags do away with that awful uni and reinstate the teal and solid black helmet. 

1 minute ago, dhg said:

Don't see a difference in the ugly Dolphins uni. And, what the heck does "Historically Modern" mean?

There has never been a uniform more modern... in history!

Edited by Big C

34 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Is it me or does the Dolphins new unis look essentially the same?

It’s just you.

Their previous set had basically no orange and the teal was lighter.

These are a significant upgrade.

Edited by Jay_Fixit

29 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

The dolphins change their uniform as much as they change the sponsor of their stadium

Only allowed to change after 5 years and they righted a wrong with this new set. The last ones were abysmal.

Before the previous change 5 years ago they had a change in like 1994.

3 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

It’s just you.

Plus the white facemask.

We have different definitions of "significant".  I think you're thinking of "subtle".....that would be the proper vocabulary to describe the uniform changes.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You've got to start trusting me.

It’s a major change.

They darkened the orange, added more of it, removed the stupid blue, changed the aqua to look more like their classic look, added a thicker orange stripe to the helmets.

I wish they went to an aqua face mask and changed the font.

Otherwise this still is a significant upgrade.

Edited by Jay_Fixit

35 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Tradition? What kind of tradition do the Jaguars have? One of the newest franchises,  in a horrible market,  that has done very little winning.  

Well to be fair, since 1996 (the Jags first year) they have been to the playoffs seven times including three AFC Championship games. We have only been to the playoffs four times in that same span and lost in the Wild Card game each time. Do you want me to include Division Championships? Their tradition is a little better than ours in the last 22 years.

• Like (+1) 1

http://miamidolphinsuniform.com/

13 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

New Dolphins jerseys are really nice.

The Jags are just beyond lame, but the helmet change is such a dramatic upgrade that it makes the overall jersey an upgrade.

Definitely. 

I wish they added more gold especially around the numbers but the helmet change itself makes for a large upgrade.

Uniforms are pretty meh though.

The Dolphins made a huge upgrade today. So glad they did.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

It’s just you.

Uniform police in the building!

25 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

It’s a major change.

They darkened the orange, added more of it, removed the stupid blue, changed the aqua to look more like their classic look, added a thicker orange stripe to the helmets.

I wish they went to an aqua face mask and changed the font.

Otherwise this still is a significant upgrade.

And I'm pretty sure the proper name of that color is 'sherbet vomit'.

18 minutes ago, jkirchofer said:

Well to be fair, since 1996 (the Jags first year) they have been to the playoffs seven times including three AFC Championship games. We have only been to the playoffs four times in that same span and lost in the Wild Card game each time. Do you want me to include Division Championships? Their tradition is a little better than ours in the last 22 years.

When one thinks of "tradition", the Jacksonville Jaguars would be the 32nd team to pop into the vast majority of NFL fans minds, I'm willing to bet.  If you truly believe that the Jags tradition is better than the Bills (overall), then I don't really know what to tell you.  Either way,  my point wasn't necessarily to compare the tradition of the Bills and Jags. It was merely to point out that the tagline of returning to tradition is comical for a franchise so young, that has the worst fan support, and has never won anything of consequence.  

I like the Jags new unis and helmet a lot. 

But I miss the Miami logo that had the Dolphin with a helmet on.

3 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

When one thinks of "tradition", the Jacksonville Jaguars would be the 32nd team to pop into the vast majority of NFL fans minds, I'm willing to bet.  If you truly believe that the Jags tradition is better than the Bills (overall), then I don't really know what to tell you.  Either way,  my point wasn't necessarily to compare the tradition of the Bills and Jags. It was merely to point out that the tagline of returning to tradition is comical for a franchise so young, that has the worst fan support, and has never won anything of consequence.  

Oh relax, Francis. He said in the last 22 years. And I'd have to agree, the Jags have done more winning in that span than the Bills. 

Edited by Domdab99