Trade QB Poll

Where do you want to trade to?   

131 members have voted

1. 1. How far are you willing to go to trade

• All the way. any draft picks it takes to get to #2 with Giants
    • Two first rounders for the #5 pick
    • Jump just a little bit to #10 and loose maybe a third and a fourth round?
    • do you want to go the other direction and trade to maybe 15th - 17th pick and get more capital?
    • We waited to see what Giants did at #2 and they did NOT choose a QB so we stay at 12 thinking a top 4 QB will fall to us

I'm all in on playing it by ear - and not worrying about the GIants/Jets - targeting a spot further down (4th-11th).  I am not willing to mortgage the future to the Giants for a marginally better prospect - to me the drop off is not as precipitous as the frenzy suggests.  Looking at all of the prospects - there is no sure thing according to anyone, there are 6 good prospects who all have about the same odds to be a bust or a HOF QB.

Depends who the Browns take at #1. If they do not draft Darnold, go all out with Giants for 2 and draft Darnold.

If Browns take Darnold, stay at #12 and draft Mason Rudolph and a OL or ILB at #22.

Mayfield, Rosen and Allen are not worth the value to trade up.

Edited by Tatonka68
  • Like (+1) 3

The Bills need to use this draft capital to shore up a WEAK O-Line.  The Bills lost their two best O-Linemen in Wood & Richie.  Without getting someone who can play in those positions (not journeymen they have used at the line like Mills and DuClasse (sp?)) is critical to have any success.  We also have a big need at WR and LB to fill.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Trouble is  the odds are about the same at getting a bust or a franchise QB

And the alternative is drafting OL, DL, WR... and finishing every season around 8-8 and never having a high enough draft pick to get the best QB. Wash rinse repeat. I'd trade it all every year until I have found "the guy".

Edited by MikeSpeed

16 minutes ago, MikeSpeed said:

And the alternative is drafting OL, DL, WR... and finishing every season around 8-8 and never having a high enough draft pick to get the best QB. Wash rinse repeat. I'd trade it all every year until I have found "the guy".

Right - at some point The Bills need that guy.....they will continually circle the drain until THAT guy is in a Bills uni.

5 hours ago, MikeSpeed said:

No.  The alternative to { I'd trade our entire draft if it meant getting a franchise QB. } is to draft one of the top 4-6 QB's and hope he is a good one.   We can trade our entire draft (2 1st, 2 seconds,  2 third and next years 1st) and have the same 50% bust rate as we do trading 2 firsts and maybe a second OR 9if the draft doesn't run heavy on QB) nothing.

6 hours ago, snamsnoops said:

I don't care for any of the choices. The draft will change a lot of things after that first pick. I would be willing to part with 3 firsts to get the guy they want. Which doesn't necessarily mean getting to # 2.

i'm ok with 3 1sts for a move to 2 or 4, but not much more than that.....period....

Assuming Chubb and Barkley are in the top 5 ... most of the QB's are interchangable based on the talking heads ... I'd be happy with Mayfield, Allen, or Rosen at 5 ... don't think Darnold will be there and don't want to lose next year's #1 to go to 2 ... so hanging at 5 consider the other 2 guys go .. is good by me

5 hours ago, Kwai San said:

Right - at some point The Bills need that guy.....they will continually circle the drain until THAT guy is in a Bills uni.

that guy may already be on the roster. even if w did go to 2, would we be picking who the jets have plans on?

move to 4 if need be, but other than that wait and see. i'm 50/50 on rosen but if it goes something like rosen darnold, mayfield,

then we have no choice but to sit tight and take allen or rudolph at 12....or sooner. i still stand by my prediction that rudolph will have a manning type of carer. may be more like eli, but anyways....

Rather than start a new thread for something very similar, I think I can pose a question without taking this terribly off topic. The OP lists many options including NOT trading up. It's impossible to know so everyone is speculating but ASSUMING we trade up - what is the sweet spot? 

Dont mess around, dont take chances and pay the price for 2? 

Take a chance and wait for the Jets and try to pry 4? If 5 is there for the taking and 2 is not for sale 4 could be important if someone else is also thinking about a move up. 

If the Browns are happy w their picks and refuse to move, 5 is after 4 (stay with me here lol) so that could be ripe for picking if Elway kicks the can to later or next year. 

Will the colts trade down again? 

Bucs seem to be selling if someone is still there...

In the end, not knowing who falls etc - when you are watching on draft night - right now, where will you be expecting to hear the trade ding??

4 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Rather than start a new thread for something very similar, I think I can pose a question without taking this terribly off topic. The OP lists many options including NOT trading up. It's impossible to know so everyone is speculating but ASSUMING we trade up - what is the sweet spot? 

Take a chance and wait for the Jets and try to pry 4? If 5 is there for the taking and 2 is not for sale 4 could be important if someone else is also thinking about a move up. 

If the Browns are happy w their picks and refuse to move, 5 is after 4 (stay with me here lol) so that could be ripe for picking if Elway kicks the can to later or next year. 

In the end, not knowing who falls etc - when you are watching on draft night - right now, where will you be expecting to hear the trade ding??

Home sweet Home

4 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

If Mayfeld or Rosen somehow get passed Indy then the Bucs are definitely viable trading partners especially if Chubb, Barkley, and Nelson are off the board.  This would pry be our best scenario if we wanted Mayfield.

1.)  Browns - Barkley/Allen

2.)  Giants -  Darnold

3.)  Jets - Rosen

4.)  Browns - Allen/Barkley

5.)  Broncos - Chubb/Nelson

6.)  Colts - Chubb/Nelson

Tampa would be more than happy to trade back imo. in this scenario for our two 1sts.

10 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

If Mayfeld or Rosen somehow get passed Indy then the Bucs are definitely viable trading partners especially if Chubb, Barkley, and Nelson are off the board.  This would pry be our best scenario if we wanted Mayfield.

1.)  Browns - Barkley/Allen

2.)  Giants -  Darnold

3.)  Jets - Rosen

4.)  Browns - Allen/Barkley

5.)  Broncos - Chubb/Nelson

6.)  Colts - Chubb/Nelson

Tampa would be more than happy to trade back imo. in this scenario for our two 1sts.

Totally agree with this post but its just going to take same 2 picks to move to 5 so why not go to 5 instead of 7 for basically the same thing?

Edited by PrimeTime101

2 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Totally agree with this post but its just going to take same 2 picks to move to 5 so why not go to 5 instead of 7 for basically the same thing?

I don't think the Broncos or Colts pass on Chubb or Nelson if they're available.

10 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I don't think the Broncos or Colts pass on Chubb or Nelson if they're available.

many people dissagree

11 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Stay Put!!!!!

I am beginning to wonder if that do that.. The move of staying put scares me and excites me at the same time.

Scares me because top 4 may be gone by 12

excites me cause all those picks to fill holes.

On 4/13/2018 at 12:24 PM, MikeSpeed said:

No.  We were discussing moving up to #1 or #2 and trading everything.  That is different from a more modest move up or drafting one of the top 5-6 at #12