Idea From WGR: Use Picks To Build Team Then Grab Rodgers Next Year With the Cap $$

1 hour ago, Dalton said:

He has two years left on his contract - 2018 and 2019.

Why would GB let him go regardless?

Please, Dalton, you are obviously unaware of the "random thought that pops into Bills fans' heads regardless of fact or reason" card which is being played lately, much too much.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Was this an idea by an on-air talent, or a caller? Sounds like a caller idea. If it was on-air talent they should be fired.

Well, I was not fully awake but I know it wasn't a caller. As I recall it, it was on air talent repeating an idea that another commentator / reporter/ draft guy had said.

Obviously I didn't check in to the contract and facts, I had assumed it was feasible.

Which seems to have been a mistake.

And some people aren't being very nice about it. -_-

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, teef said:

And that thread will begin with, “now hear me out...”

And instead of responding in that thread, 3 more new threads will start on why we shouldn’t want that, than 5 more on why we should, then 8 more on why shouldn’t and so on 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

33 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Well, I was not fully awake but I know it wasn't a caller. As I recall it, it was on air talent repeating an idea that another commentator / reporter/ draft guy had said.

Obviously I didn't check in to the contract and facts, I had assumed it was feasible.

this is the internet. perhaps a call to Al Gore might be in order.

;)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Given the Bills' long history of destroying rather than developing QBs, I like this idea.  Build the team, then get a QB someone else has developed.

I mean, sure, it's completely impossible.  But it's still more likely to succeed than drafting a QB then calling for his head after the first OTA.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Given the Bills' long history of destroying rather than developing QBs, I like this idea.  Build the team, then get a QB someone else has developed.

I mean, sure, it's completely impossible.  But it's still more likely to succeed than drafting a QB then calling for his head after the first OTA.

I'm glad to hear somebody say that. Not just about the Bills, but about the league.

They keep drafting really talented looking young guys, who almost always fail. And nobody much questions how good of a job teams are doing training them. I think it is a fair question and maybe it isn't always that there is just nobody who can do it. 

51 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Ha, I wasnt blaming you for the idea. But now that you mentioned it, I guess I should blame you for spreading such nonsense! :thumbsup: