Hell with a QB......

6 hours ago, COLDFRONT said:

We need to stay put and draft 2 stud  olineman to protect AJ so he doesn't get killed the first game. Jesus can't we have an offseason where we aren't behind the gun?????

Or how about we draft a QB and let Mccarron/Peterman get killed behind the OL while our rookie learns the ropes for a season, then we have about 80M next season can bolster the OL, makes more sense imo.

10 hours ago, COLDFRONT said:

We need to stay put and draft 2 stud  olineman to protect AJ so he doesn't get killed the first game. Jesus can't we have an offseason where we aren't behind the gun?????

Per your suggestion my latest fanspeak on the clock draft

1:12    G Q Nelson (Lucky to be there I know)

1. 22  G W Hernandez (Yep 2 guards in 1st)

2:21 QB M Rudolph

2:24  T K Miller

3:01 WR J Washington (Pair with Rudolph)

3:32 CB A Everett (Best DB available)

4:21 DT R McIntosh (Eventual replacement for Kyle)

5:29 LB O Burks (Best LB Available)

6:13 C  W Clapp

Of course with the logic of so many here, I should have traded Q Nelson , W Hernandez, M Rudolph, Kolton Miller AND a 2019 #1  for Josh Rosen   (Facepalm)

Or in other words

Rosen - Rudolph (difference between 2 in value)  is better than Quentin Nelson, Will Hernandez, Kolton Miller AND 2019 #1  (Facepalm again)

Edited by CamboBill
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CamboBill said:

Per your suggestion my latest fans peak draft

3:01 WR J Washington (Pair with Rudolph

4:19 DT R McIntosh (Eventual replacement for Kyle)

6:14 C   W Clapp

Of course with the logic of so many here, I should have traded Q Nelson , W Hernandez, M Rudolph, Kolton Miller AND a 2019 #1  for Josh Rosen   (Facepalm)

Or in other words

Rosen - Rudolph (difference between 2 in value)  is better than Quentin Nelson, Will Hernandez, Kolton Miller AND 2019 #1  (Facepalm again)

Yes...let's use fanspeak to draft for us and ignore everything about QBs we know.

DXkLTuxVQAET7y2.jpg.62b950e03a3dbc478cfacdd090397b6f.jpg

Edited by N.Y. Orangeman

2 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Yes...let's use fanspeak to draft for us and ignore everything about QBs we know.

You missed the point.  this is a reasonable representation of how much value we would be giving up to "upgrade" from Rudolph to Rosen.

I would add, that with no offensive line it does not matter who is at QB .... and it eliminates the running game too.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

I understand your point, but you aren't accounting for the loss of historic value at the qb position by taking one in the 2nd round as opposed to trading up.

As they say, "Past performance does not necessarily reflect future returns".

I think every year needs to be looked at in a vacuum. Sure we can learn from historical trends, but not be tied to them.  What matters is the individual players available at the time.  I like Rosen, but to trade two drafts away to get him and then put a frail, concussion prone QB  behind a line that includes dawkins/miller/bodine/ducasse/Milla ... seems foolhardy at best.  Sure we could sit him for two years while we try to build an OL, but then maybe we are better off getting a more mobile QB who can at least run for his life and has a longer incubation period in terms of being ready to play (Allen or Jackson).  I like Rosen, but he will be roadkill very quickly  behind a line like that.

There is a lot to be learned from the Colts/Andrew Luck Saga .... or for that matter Texans/Carr,  Browns/Couch ..... all talented QBS who had their careers derailed by all the punishment they took early on.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

If if you want a high QB then they should sign the party boy Johnny Football.

If we ain't gonna win we might as well have a dang good time losing.

8 hours ago, MarkAF43 said:

Didn't someone have an idea before about awards for the board? I'm thinking with some of these threads lately, the idiot poster or thread award category would be jam packed with nominees.

Who's your poster of the year, your PotY?

20 hours ago, COLDFRONT said:

Once we get the real QB we will have alot of them 

On 4/10/2018 at 6:52 PM, KRT88 said:

Oh brother, we drafted OL, LB, CB, WR before and what have they done for us?  What?

what are these stud OL protecting? You cannot win in the NFL without a QB! Get the QB and deal with everything else later. 

Well, not only that.  But anyone else remember how the same OL that looked like tissue paper for Trentative Edwards suddenly looked halfway competent when Fitzpatrick took over?

When you have a QB who can read a defense and get the ball out on time, you at least halve the pass protection effort on the OL.  If he can make the right pre-snap protection adjustments maybe cut it by 2/3.

On 4/11/2018 at 5:15 AM, CamboBill said:

As they say, "Past performance does not necessarily reflect future returns".

I think every year needs to be looked at in a vacuum. Sure we can learn from historical trends, but not be tied to them.  What matters is the individual players available at the time.  I like Rosen, but to trade two drafts away to get him and then put a frail, concussion prone QB  behind a line that includes dawkins/miller/bodine/ducasse/Milla ... seems foolhardy at best.  Sure we could sit him for two years while we try to build an OL, but then maybe we are better off getting a more mobile QB who can at least run for his life and has a longer incubation period in terms of being ready to play (Allen or Jackson).  I like Rosen, but he will be roadkill very quickly  behind a line like that.

There is a lot to be learned from the Colts/Andrew Luck Saga .... or for that matter Texans/Carr,  Browns/Couch ..... all talented QBS who had their careers derailed by all the punishment they took early on.

Couple of things.  The Colts and Luck did pretty well together for 3 years.  In that time, the Colts invested a 2nd, 3rd and 4th round pick on OL.  Two of those guys were out of the league 2 years later and the third washed out at tackle and was moved to guard.  Either they didn't have good enough scouting on OL, or they didn't invest enough, but the point is it's not as though they didn't have the opportunity to make the big investment in OL in time before Luck got derailed (and then, arguably, they didn't handle his injury well). 

As far as Couch and David Carr go, I don't think you can conclude they were talented QB who had their career derailed by their teams.  It's one of those unanswerables.

You bring up a valid point that the Bills need to look carefully at the top QB in this year's draft.  (I think "trade away two drafts" is hyperbole on your part).  They need to be convinced that a QB they trade up for, has enough better chance to succeed to be worth the trade value vs. a less shiny prospect later in the draft.  If they're good, they will make that call.

Neither Allen nor Jackson, IMO, are QB who are ready to step in and play behind any OL.  They both have flaws in their passing technique that will need time and patience to correct; if they're thrown in right away it will fix them in their current habits.

I mean why bother trying to make your team better at all? 

We should just decline to draft anyone and save our cash. 

On 4/11/2018 at 5:50 AM, CamboBill said:

Per your suggestion my latest fanspeak on the clock draft

3:01 WR J Washington (Pair with Rudolph)

4:21 DT R McIntosh (Eventual replacement for Kyle)

6:13 C  W Clapp

Or in other words

Yeah, I agree with you. Trade it all for Rosen!!