ESPN: Josh Rosen isn’t going to just “shut up and throw” and has big plans for his NFL career

3 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

Full disclosure - I've never played a down of football in my life. I had a tryout as a punter for my local team if that counts :lol:

I've been there in another sport though. As a naturally lazy slob, staying in shape all year round was torture. Rehab from injuries was a fate worse than death. Maybe you have to be a special breed of crazy to do that for 10-12 years.

I played for like 10 years. There is nothing like a football game.  They are amazing and a feeling that is hard to find.  But to get to those games is such a grind and for me (and a lot of players), it kinda sucks.  

Sports like tennis, golf, hockey, etc. are generally what I think of as “rich kid sports.”  Especially given all the CTE information, I think most families with money would rather not have their kids playing football.

3 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

Not wanting us to draft talent because of political views is extremely stupid.

And that is my favorite thing about sports.  All your teammates have very diverse backgrounds but you become brothers despite your differences.

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I agree.  What players believe off the field is their business.

it might be a major factor, you have to see case by case what is going on....

A man was run out of the league last year for his views on the national anthem...

I think rosen will be there at 12....or at least hoping.  Dude is gunna wanna play 4 years or 5 years to get 2 his second contract to where he can get his 30mil a year contract.  I love all the  media bashing on him and hope it plays well into the other 31 teams not to draft him.  Take him at 12.  And have 5 other picks in top 100 to fill out OL, DL, and LB.  

12. Rosen - QB

22. Evans - LB

53. Hurst -DT

56. Ranklin - OT

65. Penny - RB

96.F Ragnow - G/C

5 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

I think rosen will be there at 12....or at least hoping.  Dude is gunna wanna play 4 years or 5 years to get 2 his second contract to where he can get his 30mil a year contract.  I love all the  media bashing on him and hope it plays well into the other 31 teams not to draft him.  Take him at 12.  And have 5 other picks in top 100 to fill out OL, DL, and LB.  

12. Rosen - QB

22. Evans - LB

53. Hurst -DT

56. Ranklin - OT

65. Penny - RB

96.F Ragnow - G/C

Rosen won't get out of the top 5.

42 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If he was good, he wouldn't have been ran out of the league.  

I accept that up to around a decade ago, but the NFL isn't about winning for 24 or more teams since 2008

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Aikman and Kilmer built strong NFL careers after UCLA, a lot didn't.

You can say the same about almost every school.  UCLA has had one legit elite college QB that truly flamed out in the NFL.  That was Cade McNown and he was mostly done in by injuries.

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

I accept that up to around a decade ago, but the NFL isn't about winning for 24 or more teams since 2008

So you're saying if Aaron Rodgers became available because he sat for the Anthem....the 8 other teams that you claim isn't about winning doesn't take him?

2 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

Key word HOPE

I do hope we get him but doesn't change that I don't think that he gets out of the top 5.

If Rosen is available after the Jets at #3....the Browns and Broncos phones will be blowing up.

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

this kid is next level.  he's 21 yrs old and he's more mature than I am.  he is very conscientious and self aware.  that is something you usually don't learn until much later in life.  when i was 21 it was all about me.  he is very advanced for his age to do the type of critical thinking he is doing.  nothing wrong with trying to understand the world and where you can fit in.  isn't that why we are here?

I've said it numerous times.  People are threatened by his intelligence.

Maybe Rosen should've gotten drunk and arrested, trying to run from the cops?  A few crotch grabs, perhaps?  Then he'd just be a feisty competitor.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

He is a Idiot. This guy will flame out, why not come in humble and listen and learn. Guys like this never work out. Talk about putting pressure on yourself. Even if you believe you will win more championships then Brady you should never say it out loud. We’re is Troy Vincent when you need him. You think the Vets like that kind of talk. This guy will end up like Ryan Leaf, lots of talk and no brains. 

Take it from a 50 year UCLA fan. Thurm you're right, this will end badly....

6 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Maybe Rosen should've gotten drunk and arrested, trying to run from the cops?  A few crotch grabs, perhaps?  Then he'd just be a feisty competitor.

I could care less how much smarter Josh thinks he is compared to everyone else in the room. An injury prone NFL career will be his downfall.  Not his personality. 

For those worried about him being Jewish (which is a really ridiculous concern btw):

Interview question in bold: 

Your high school coach said you're also curious about religion, and while you're Jewish, you attended Mass every Sunday.
That's right. I went to a Catholic school, and it was cool to learn. You have to have an open mind. It'd be naive to think you're just born into the right religion that will get you into heaven. My opinion will evolve and grow. Where do you sit on it?

I'm Muslim by heritage, and I used to attend Mass too, but it was partly to impress a Catholic girlfriend. Now I'm agnostic.
[Laughs] Same. But agnostic and atheist are loaded words -- people get scared, like, "Whoa!" Look, I don't know, and I don't think it's possible to know. Don't tell me how to live my life, but I'd love to hear about how you live yours.

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

12. Rosen - QB

22. Evans - LB

53. Hurst -DT

56. Ranklin - OT

65. Penny - RB

96.F Ragnow - G/C

The most NFL ready QB in a good draft for QBs will not last until 12. Will. Not. Happen. 

Just now, K-9 said:

The most NFL ready QB in a good draft for QBs will not last until 12. Will. Not. Happen. 

As soon as the Jets take Allen or Mayfield at #3.....several teams will start calling the Browns and Broncos.  

I really haven't heard much regarding Rosen to the Jets but that's always a possibility.  

8 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I could care less how much smarter Josh thinks he is compared to everyone else in the room. An injury prone NFL career will be his downfall.  Not his personality. 

Thats the only thing i consider real. The shoulder and concussion injury concerns. All the other media bs is bs,

7 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

For those worried about him being Jewish (which is a really ridiculous concern btw):

Your high school coach said you're also curious about religion, and while you're Jewish, you attended Mass every Sunday.
That's right. I went to a Catholic school, and it was cool to learn. You have to have an open mind. It'd be naive to think you're just born into the right religion that will get you into heaven. My opinion will evolve and grow. Where do you sit on it?

I'm Muslim by heritage, and I used to attend Mass too, but it was partly to impress a Catholic girlfriend. Now I'm agnostic.
[Laughs] Same. But agnostic and atheist are loaded words -- people get scared, like, "Whoa!" Look, I don't know, and I don't think it's possible to know. Don't tell me how to live my life, but I'd love to hear about how you live yours.

The scumbag! :lol:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Ah that’s right. I forgot he went to St John Bosco.

22 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Who is worried about him being Jewish, Adolf? ;)

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Imagine having a QB like this:

Don’t have to imagine it. Fitzy used to say that to himself before every loss clinching throw he made! ?

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The difference between Rosen and Losman is Losman was being arrogant to his own teammates.

Rosen is just setting the bar high for himself.

Jim Kelly was definitely humble when he was drafted by the Bills.  "Would you rather be in Houston or Buffalo...I'll leave it at that" - Jim Kelly.

He doesn't like him because of his politics.

So as long as he continues voting in his Home district, we’re good then? 

• Haha (+1) 1

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:29 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

I played for like 10 years. There is nothing like a football game.  They are amazing and a feeling that is hard to find.  But to get to those games is such a grind and for me (and a lot of players), it kinda sucks.  

Sports like tennis, golf, hockey, etc. are generally what I think of as “rich kid sports.”  Especially given all the CTE information, I think most families with money would rather not have their kids playing football.

And that is my favorite thing about sports.  All your teammates have very diverse backgrounds but you become brothers despite your differences.

Dude - You.  Are.  EFFING. Crazy!!!!!  Hockey is the sport that invented concussions!!!  Yeah it is an expensive sport but the hits taken and delivered ensure several concussions over the course of a career.  Loooooooong before the NFL.

Edited by Kwai San
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

But not Fitzpatrick who went to Harvard? It has nothing to do with that. He's got a real shot at busting that Bills fans don't want to see.

5 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

But not Fitzpatrick who went to Harvard? It has nothing to do with that. He's got a real shot at busting that Bills fans don't want to see.

Ok then. Threatened by Rosen's willingness to speak his mind.

Every QB has a real shot at busting out of the league.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Ok then. Threatened by Rosen's willingness to speak his mind.

Every QB has a real shot at busting out of the league.

That's different. There have been far smarter players in the NFL than Rosen. Teams are more concerned he's prone to injury, played with a great line in college and probably won't in the NFL. Loves things outside of football. Comes from a family with money. Could retire if it gets tough. Fitzpatrick went to Harvard. So did Marcellus Wiley. I believe teams see Rosen closer to other rich kids or smart kids like Myron Rolle, Jonathan Martin and Matt Leinart. You can't know what his personality means if he's challenged. If he fails. Football is a business not a sport. They're investing not drafting. You have to judge based on investment. Can you invest in him. Will he invest in you? That's his problem. JMO.

Edited by CuddyDark

4 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

That's different. There have been far smarter players in the NFL than Rosen. Teams are more concerned he's prone to injury, played with a great line in college and probably won't in the NFL. Loves things outside of football. Comes from a family with money. Could retire if it gets tough. Fitzpatrick went to Harvard. So did Marcellus Wiley. I believe teams see Rosen closer to other rich kids or smart kids like Myron Rolle, Jonathan Martin and Matt Leinart. You can't know what his personality means if he's challenged. If he fails. Football is a business not a sport. They're investing not drafting. You have to judge based on investment. Can you invest in him. Will he invest in you? That's his problem. JMO.

Wiley went to Columbia.

I get that that's the chatter around him, but I don't buy it for a second.

7 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Wiley went to Columbia.

I get that that's the chatter around him, but I don't buy it for a second.

Okay. I shoulda looked. I knew it was Ivy League. But that's just what I'm saying. Steve Young is a lawyer? So is Alan Page. That KC player is a MD. John Urschel is a genius. It's not because he's smart. It's because you don't know what happens if he get a couple concussions. Will he follow this new wave and retire at 26 citing CTE?

Edited by CuddyDark

Look at it this way. He doesn't want to live off his parents' money.

The only way he can be as successful as his dad is to be a great QB and win a Superbowl.

His father is a renowned surgeon. If Rosen tanks he will be "my son the jock" who peaked as UCLA QB. It may be a VERY strong motivation for him to avoid that.

5 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Just calling it like I read and here it. I mean really why say that kind of crap. 

Cuase it's a cool thing to say.

3 hours ago, PIZ said:

Everyone needs to start saying "I don't want this guy on our team".  When Bills fans wants something, they rarely get it.  We need to start using reverse psychology.

Beane reads this forum to get the idiots opinion and go the opposite option

2 hours ago, CuddyDark said:

Bills fans seem to like the lovable loser. Fitzpatrick sucked, so he was fun to like. Flutie was short and had a mullet but is extremely overrated. Losman, Johnson, Edwards all California sissies. 

Rosen is good and smart. That seems to be a big no no around these parts. 

A lot of people want the short white trash quarterback who drinks, grabs his crotch, and probably likes to hunt. A guy you can see yourself grabbing a beer with. 

Its a strange bias. I just want a guy who can win a Super Bowl. The best bet in that regard is Rosen. I don't care what he wears, or who he votes for, or if he  eats quinoa. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So you're saying if Aaron Rodgers became available because he sat for the Anthem....the 8 other teams that you claim isn't about winning doesn't take him?

but Aaron Rodgers wouldn't act like that...

and the teams already up to their eyeballs in QB mega-salaries couldn't take him if he was suddenly available

31 minutes ago, row_33 said:

but Aaron Rodgers wouldn't act like that...

and the teams already up to their eyeballs in QB mega-salaries couldn't take him if he was suddenly available

You know the point I’m making.  Choose Rodgers, Cam Newton, Carson Wentz or whoever....they wouldn’t have been “kicked” out of the league if they did what Kap did.  Big Ben was accused of rape....twice!  Was he kicked out?  Nope...because he’s good.

Lesean McCoy said it best....Kap isn’t good enough for the headache.

Not every team is up to the eyeballs in QB salaries where they can’t sign Kap for league minimum.  

1 hour ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Look at it this way. He doesn't want to live off his parents' money.

The only way he can be as successful as his dad is to be a great QB and win a Superbowl.

His father is a renowned surgeon. If Rosen tanks he will be "my son the jock" who peaked as UCLA QB. It may be a VERY strong motivation for him to avoid that.

Exactly right imo. I'm actually surprised to see how many people think Rosen's privileged background will compromise his motivation to succeed. I don't see that at all. Having those advantages is great compared, you know, to not having them. But rich or poor you have to prove yourself, including, above all, to yourself. I'm pretty sure that Rosen is a hard bitten determined guy. I wouldn't let his laid back LA personality fool you. And I actually think his religion is part of his mental makeup, in a positive way. I think he probably wants to be the first Jewish QB to win a superbowl. He wants to be the next Sid Luckman. That kind of achievement will give him tremendous profile in a community he continues to identify with, not to mention with the world at large. He's about to walk onto a very big stage under a very big spotlight. I think he is up to the challenge. He will be hard on his mates, but he will be harder on himself.

I like this year's class a lot. The talent is there imo and above all its deep. A number of these guys could very well turn into franchise players. Having said that I see Rosen as a clear cut above everyone else at this point. I think he will be as good or better than Matt Ryan. Sure hope he is the guy. 

• Like (+1) 1