ESPN: Josh Rosen isn’t going to just “shut up and throw” and has big plans for his NFL career

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Saban probably just thinks those cops who arrested him are bitter LSU fans again 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_d824fa3e-490c-11e6-b23a-cb756310fab5.amp.html

It was in Monroe, LA. Probably a good chance that the police were LSU fans.

Did Rosen comment on this? Trying to figure out the connection.

Edited by Sky Diver

2 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

In next week's class, please explain the difference between "their", "they're", and "there".

You have a lot of work to do around this place.

I'll send drinking money to the person that can rid the world of 'should of' instead of 'should have'.

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

Um, this is a thread about Rosen. 

Where do you get from my comments that I believe what Foster did isn't as bad as Rosen wearing a ridiculous hat, lol?

Rosen's comments had nothing to do with general academics at Alabama which you keep arguing about.

Twice now you haven't answered a yes or no question....you're side stepping this question.

Simple, simple, simple question.....if you could have either Rosen or Foster on the Bills, who do you choose?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Rosen's comments had nothing to do with general academics at Alabama which you keep arguing about.

Twice now you haven't answered a yes or no question....you're side stepping this question.

Simple, simple, simple question.....if you could have either Rosen or Foster on the Bills, who do you choose?

Would you rather drive with Ted Kennedy or go hunting with Dick Cheney?

58 minutes ago, Bakin said:

My question: are Buffalo fans ready for a Jew at QB?

from my seats in the stands at Orchard Park, they certainly weren’t ready for a Black one. 

This is embarrassing and sadly, not that shocking.  Personally, I wish some people would stand up to mouth breathers/ losers like that.  But that is the very minority of loser Bills fans.

also, you need to get better seats.  Trash can’t afford nice seats.

33 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Seriously, who walks around with a hat that says F**% Somebody on it? It's bizarre.

In his interview he says he says he regrets wearing the hat because it had the F word and then he goes on to use the F word in the interview?

"Again, it's about tailoring the message -- I don't want to get political, but the thing I regret the most about the Trump thing is using the F-word. I'm a role model for kids. I regret the F-word."

Haha.

I actually meant Trump :ph34r:

Just now, Sky Diver said:

Would you rather drive with Ted Kennedy or go hunting with Dick Cheney?

Ted Kennedy is dead and I am not a hunter.  If Kennedy was alive and wasn't drunk, I would choose that option.  There...that's how you answer a question.

Would you rather have Foster or Rosen on the Bills?

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Neither.  But you’re comparing a hat with a swear word to a guy who might be a woman beater?  Dear lord that is awful.  

Foster played at Alabama so beating women is okay.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

It was in Monroe, LA. Probably a good chance that the police were LSU fans.

Did Rosen comment on this? Trying to figure out the connection.

Remember when you said you didn’t know what “homer” means? Good example here... defending this statement from Saban, an inability to be objective, propensity to always provide excuses and failure to recognize any real negativity associated with your team. 

A normal fan is like - “man I love Bama but what a ridiculous statement by Saban.” See how easy that is? Because... why does it matter if the cops  are LSU fans or not? Do you not see the problem here? 

No, your response will be “ummm this is a thread about Rosen”

:lol:

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

I don’t condone either, but Mayfield was impaired; Rosen was thinking clearly when he did what he did.

Most people regret something they have done when they were drinking. How many people to you know waking around in public with F somebody hats.

I would take Mayfield over Rosen without a moment of hesitation.

I'm sure Mayfield was thinking clearly when he decided to impair himself. That doesn't earn him a pass.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Remember when you said you didn’t know what “homer” means? Good example here... defending this statement from Saban, an inability to be objective, propensity to always provide excuses and failure to recognize any real negativity associated with your team. 

A normal fan is like - “man I love Bama but what a ridiculous statement by Saban.” See how easy that is? Because... why does it matter if the cops  are LSU fans or not? Do you not see the problem here? 

No, I do not.

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I'm sure Mayfield was thinking clearly when he decided to impair himself. That doesn't earn him a pass.

Never said that it did.

• Haha (+1) 1

No, I do not.

Never said that it did.

'But Mayfield was impaired' is the exact framework of an excuse. An excuse he doesn't deserve.

That said, he got tackled face first into a concrete bench, so I think he's paid his punishment.

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

No surprise here.

The bigger issue is doesn’t matter. But ... they weren’t LSU fans. And it was a terrible look for saban and the program. Well, to anyone who can look at things like a rational adult. 

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/monroe-police-fires-back-nick-saban-lsu-fans-comment/

im sure the players were on their way to the library, all good

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

'But Mayfield was impaired' is the exact framework of an excuse. An excuse he doesn't deserve.

That said, he got tackled face first into a concrete bench, so I think he's paid his punishment.

No excuse. I was merely citing the difference.

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The bigger issue is doesn’t matter. But ... they weren’t LSU fans. And it was a terrible look for saban and the program. Well, to anyone who can look at things like a rational adult. 

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/monroe-police-fires-back-nick-saban-lsu-fans-comment/

im sure the players were on their way to the library, all good

Within earshot of media, Saban launched into a four-letter tirade directed at Finebaum. In it, he used his fingers to note the small amount of marijuana found in the car and insinuated the arresting officers were disgruntled LSU fans.

He "insinuated". Finebaum's interpretation.

I'm not a pro-marijuana guy, but there are plenty on this forum.

5 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

No excuse. I was merely citing the difference.

Within earshot of media, Saban launched into a four-letter tirade directed at Finebaum. In it, he used his fingers to note the small amount of marijuana found in the car and insinuated the arresting officers were disgruntled LSU fans.

He "insinuated". Finebaum's interpretation.

I'm not a pro-marijuana guy, but there are plenty on this forum.

What the F*CK does your snipped statement from the article have to do with anything??

So I guess it's pretty established that Sky Diver prefers a player who beats women over a player who makes unflattering comments about Alabama.  

2 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

What the F*CK does your snipped statement from the article have to do with anything??

Absolutely nothing.  He argues at the level of child.

• Like (+1) 1

So I guess it's pretty established that Sky Diver prefers a player who beats women over a player who makes unflattering comments about Alabama.  

As long as St. Saban is okay with the player, so is sky diver.

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

We don't know what Saban said. We have what Finebaum thinks that Saban insinuated. I thought it was fairly obvious.

Not sure what this thread about Rosen has to do with Alabama or Nick Saban, lol.

We don't know what Saban said. We have what Finebaum thinks that Saban insinuated. I thought it was fairly obvious.

Not sure what this thread about Rosen has to do with Alabama or Nick Saban, lol.

Every time Rosen comes up, you chime in ripping him, because Said and him don't get along, so you have this personal crusade to hate the guy, since you have saban's scrote permanently on your chin.

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Absolutely nothing.  He argues at the level of child.

I've noticed.

He sidesteps every direct question by either completely ignoring it, or answering with another question.

I get straighter answers from my 12 year old.

Not sure what general academics at Alabama has anything to do with Rosen's comments in the other thread but yet you keep bringing those up.

Do you know the phrase calling the kettle black?  It might be advanced for you.

Just now, SouthNYfan said:

Every time Rosen comes up, you chime in ripping him, because Said and him don't get along, so you have this personal crusade to hate the guy, since you have saban's scrote permanently on your chin.

I've noticed.

He sidesteps every direct question by either completely ignoring it, or answering with another question.

I get straighter answers from my 12 year old.

In this case, it's because he would rather have Foster but knows the criticisms if he admits it.

He's perfectly fine with a woman beater if they're from Alabama.  In his mind, you can abuse woman but can't any disparaging remarks against Alabama...that's crossing the line.

• Like (+1) 1

Not sure what general academics at Alabama has anything to do with Rosen's comments in the other thread but yet you keep bringing those up.

Rosen: "OK, raise the SAT requirement at Alabama and see what kind of team they have."

He disparaged the academic reputation of Alabama and I defended it. 

2 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Rosen: "OK, raise the SAT requirement at Alabama and see what kind of team they have."

He disparaged the academic reputation of Alabama and I defended it. 

You know when he says "team", he means the football team.  Unless you're going to argue the general student body is known as "team".  

I guess if Rosen beat women and didn't say anything negative about Alabama...you would be okay with him.  Shows what type of person you are.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

In this case, it's because he would rather have Foster but knows the criticisms if he admits it.

He's perfectly fine with a woman beater if they're from Alabama.  In his mind, you can abuse woman but can't any disparaging remarks against Alabama...that's crossing the line.

You are way past the point of being ridiculous.

I'm not going to dignify such stupid and slanderous remarks with a response.

Just now, Sky Diver said:

You are way past the point of being ridiculous.

I'm not going to dignify such stupid and slanderous remarks with a response.

You're not going to dignify it because what I said was spot on.  You're okay with a player beating a woman if they came from Alabama.  You think Rosen's comments are worse than Foster's actions.  

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

We don’t know what he said? It was at SEC media day. Finebaum wasn’t the only one there :lol:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2016/07/the_real_nick_saban_comes_out.amp

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

We don’t know what he said? It was at SEC media day. Finebaum wasn’t the only one there :lol:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.al

Update the link....this one doesn't work.

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2016/07/the_real_nick_saban_comes_out.amp

AL.com !

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

This guy has had and still has my full support and if we can attain him in the draft I will be over the moon. People tend to forget how cocky Kelly was. Heck he didn't even want to come to Buffalo and you all hail him a hero. 

Jim Kelly's exact words: "Would you rather live in Houston or Buffalo....I'll leave it at that".

"According to sources who have spoken with people close to Rosen, he has been focused since high school on using football to make money and support the type of lifestyle he wants. He’s OK with challenging the system and being a mouthpiece for divisiveness because he appreciates the attention it draws."

https://thebiglead.com/2018/01/03/anonymous-sources-josh-rosen-comparisons-character/

Seems like an accurate assessment.

3 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

"According to sources who have spoken with people close to Rosen, he has been focused since high school on using football to make money and support the type of lifestyle he wants. He’s OK with challenging the system and being a mouthpiece for divisiveness because he appreciates the attention it draws."

https://thebiglead.com/2018/01/03/anonymous-sources-josh-rosen-comparisons-character/

Are Rosen's comments worse than Foster's actions?

So what is it?  He’s a rich kid who doesn’t need money from football or he needs the money from football to support his lifestyle?  

These reports are are embarrassing to football.  If you speak out inequalities in life or hate people in power who are divisive, you are worse than a woman beater in the nfl’s (sky diver’s) eyes.

the nfl is so out of touch compared to the nba.  Bunch of old guys who hate change and just want mindless robots.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Are Rosen's comments worse than Foster's actions?

He had a hot tub and a hat!!! Hang him!

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So what is it?  He’s a rich kid who doesn’t need money from football or he needs the money from football to support his lifestyle?  

These reports are are embarrassing to football.  If you speak out inequalities in life or hate people in power who are divisive, you are worse than a woman beater in the nfl’s (sky diver’s) eyes.

the nfl is so out of touch compared to the nba.  Bunch of old guys who hate change and just want mindless robots.

He had a hot tub and a hat!!! Hang him!

My suggestion: stop arguing with him.

16 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

This one is truly implausible because there are no trades. There will be trades. That is certain.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

My suggestion: stop arguing with him.

This one is truly implausible because there are no trades. There will be trades. That is certain.

Haha, you’re right on all accounts. I will say he is very respectful overall, as much as I disagree.

and you’re right about the trades but it seems really hard to do a mock predicting them.  Of course if that was my “job,” I would have 100 mocks.