• Jaire Alexander, DB, Louisville
    • Kolton Miller, OT, UCLA
    • Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan
    • Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU
    • Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State
    • DJ Chalk, WR, LSU
    • Taven Bryan, DT, Florida

18 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Landry.  We have the DT's this year.  Need a better pass rush.  Landry is a steal here, IMO.  

I don’t hate this option either. Our pass rush stinks. I’m not sure where he fits (unless we use Lawson or Hughes to move up). If we are going to like 6 maybe it is 12, Lawson and 56 (or something like that)? We take the QB at 6 and Landry at 22 (although I’m not sure that it works in the no trade mock). 

A LB would be ideal but the way that the round has fallen it doesn’t make sense here.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

42 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t hate this option either. Our pass rush stinks. I’m not sure where he fits (unless we use Lawson or Hughes to move up). If we are going to like 6 maybe it is 12, Lawson and 56 (or something like that)? We take the QB at 6 and Landry at 22 (although I’m not sure that it works in the no trade mock). 

A LB would be ideal but the way that the round has fallen it doesn’t make sense here.

Landry would be my pick but it's clear he's not going to win.  We could do a lot with an edge rushing rotation that included Hughes / Lawson / Landry / Murphy.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Virgil said:

This draft is killing me so far. If it ends up Payne, we will have gotten through our first round with backups.  

Jackson won’t start this season and we just signed Payne. 

To ignore linebackers or the offensive line with the talent in this draft is rough 

You convinced me. I agree regarding the LB need, but is Jefferson really the best one available?

Those are tough choices but a good right tackle has been desperately needed for years so I went with Kolten  Miller.

Also would like: Josh Jackson, Da Ron Payne, Dallas Goedart, Sam Hubbard, Harold Landry, Courtland Sutton and Taven Bryan

Where's Leighton Vander Esch??

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

For this mock went with Payne as i think he's the BPA for what we need. None of the top LB are available in this scenario which is really unfortunate. 

I don't mind Lamar Jackson at 12 but am hopeful that we figure out a way to get someone better. 

55 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

WHY pick a guy who is going to be a rotational DT, rather than a starter at some position that is empty?

Well, that's how you reach and lose value on your picks.

Care to mention who ya voted for then?

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

and go 17 years between playoff appearances...

4 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I considered voting Rudolph too. And actually, if it played out like that IRL it would be a huge win. We were going to package those picks for A qb anyways. Might as well get 2 and let them fight it out.

Actually, the whole discussion in this thread, including the last post, you just made gives even more credence to the fact that we need to move up for a QB...

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

and go 17 years between playoff appearances...

Actually, the whole discussion in this thread, including the last post, you just made gives even more credence to the fact that we need to move up for a QB...

Man, I wasn’t sure before, I am now. 

I don’t even know if I care which of the top 3 QB’s we get and how much we give up, just get one. 

This draft would kill me 

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I would have gone OT, WR, LB, DB, OG, TE.  Anyone that could be a Day 1 starter that’s an upgrade. With signing Star to the money we did, DT isn’t as much of a need anymore. 

Day 1 picks should fill needs or impact. Any of the above positions were available and wouldn’t have necessarily been a reach. 

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

a center from Iowa if I remember correctly.  I didn't know enough about the linebackers available

Edited by maryland-bills-fan