Hue Jackson - "We're taking a QB at 1"

9 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

So Browns won't trade out of 1, Giants won't trade out of 2, Jets already traded to 3, Browns not trading out of 4... depressing

I don't think that either the Giants or Browns are closed off to trading, but even if they are, that means that--at worst, 3 QBs go in the top 4.  It also means that there's a fair chance that only 2 go in the top 4.

If, like me, you believe in all of the top 4 guys, then that leaves the door open to get one of them at 6

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

So Browns won't trade out of 1, Giants won't trade out of 2, Jets already traded to 3, Browns not trading out of 4... depressing

With the way Hue is talking up Chubb, the Giants could take him. 

First 4:

Darnold

chubb

Allen/Rosen/Mayfield?

Barkley

one of the 3 QBs could be available at 6

3 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Is this really true? I'm not so sure

No one knows one way or the other yet. For all we know the Giants are ok with Eli and want a day one starter and a 2nd round QB while they use up whats left of Eli. Or they want a QB. No one knows but them.

Edited by What a Tuel

Just now, thebandit27 said:

I don't think that either the Giants or Browns are closed off to trading, but even if they are, that means that--at worst, 3 QBs go in the top 4.  It also means that there's a fair chance that only 2 go in the top 4.

If, like me, you believe in all of the top 4 guys, then that leaves the door open to get one of them at 6

Are we certain Broncos pass on qb?  I think it likely, but not certain.  

1 minute ago, TPS said:

With the way Hue is talking up Chubb, the Giants could take him. 

First 4:

Darnold

chubb

Allen/Rosen/Mayfield?

Barkley

one of the 3 QBs could be available at 6

I think that's the point. They want Barkley

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

Are we certain Broncos pass on qb?  I think it likely, but not certain.  

No, not at all.

My point is that there's a fair chance that--assuming both NYG and Cleveland (4) are opposed to trading entirely--only 3 QBs go in the top 5, thus opening the door for Buffalo to trade up to 6 and get one of the Big 4.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Not sure how you can state that so definitively.

He's just mad that a) you posted this before he did and b) you didn't post it as a copy/pasted Tweet.

• Haha (+1) 4

17 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

1 and 3 might be off the table, but I am under no impression that the Giants and the Browns #4 are off the table.

download.jpg.e5bc5320540e5cda5247b6a2aa9d04da.jpg

Just now, TheBeane said:

1 and 3 might be off the table, but I am under no impression that the Giants and the Browns #4 are off the table.

download.jpg.e5bc5320540e5cda5247b6a2aa9d04da.jpg

I've been reading a lot about how excited both teams are to pick in their respective spots.  Gettleman says at pick 2 you expect to get a HOF type player.  Now Hue is saying how he dreams about adding Chubb to his DL because at this point they need impact players (aka not more draft picks).  I think both teams like where they are picking

Just now, kdiggz said:

I've been reading a lot about how excited both teams are to pick in their respective spots.  Gettleman says at pick 2 you expect to get a HOF type player.  Now Hue is saying how he dreams about adding Chubb to his DL because at this point they need impact players (aka not more draft picks).  I think both teams like where they are picking

I would like to be picking there as well and if the right offer doesn't come their way, they will be very happy picking there.

However, all I'm saying, is that if the right offer comes, they will thoroughly think it over.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I agree and add that Denver might also be amenable to trading out of the #5 pick. 

That's the pick I'd be trying to get right now if the price is even close to reasonable.  It all but guarantees you one of the top 4 QBs and could open up for a very reasonable trade up to #2.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Rumor has it that Beane has pizzas on auto delivery to Gettleman's office. The deal is as good as done.

The heart shaped ones, too. 

4 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

That's the pick I'd be trying to get right now if the price is even close to reasonable.  It all but guarantees you one of the top 4 QBs and could open up for a very reasonable trade up to #2.

If the news about Denver/Rudolph is true, then this would make sense for both sides. 

Edited by BillsEnthusiast

12 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I firmly believe they will their take their #1 rated QB with the 1st pick.  Why wouldn't I state it that way?

Been saying it since Dorsey was hired.

Obviously they'll be taking a QB at 1; most of us recognized that for quite a while.

The post you responded to seemed to be refuting the idea that Cleveland loves the players that they believe will be there at 4 and won't consider moving down; that's why I wondered why you were so certain that they weren't posturing about the 4th pick

5 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

In the case of the Browns I believe they are taking a QB and won't trade out. The Giants case is different IMO, sure they could take a QB like Allen/ Darnold and be down with it. They are in a strong position, having the ability to say no. However, some of the scenarios I've seen with regard to a trade down are really, really strong for them. If the Bills could get up to 5,6,7 I wouldn't rule out another draft day trade up to 2.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Obviously they'll be taking a QB at 1; most of us recognized that for quite a while.

The post you responded to seemed to be refuting the idea that Cleveland loves the players that they believe will be there at 4 and won't consider moving down; that's why I wondered why you were so certain that they weren't posturing about the 4th pick

Nope. I wasn't referring to #4 at all that could easily be in play for the right price.

Just now, BuffaloDave55 said:

one of the 4 will be around at 12

Why do you think that is the case?

You believe that only 3 of Cleveland, NYG, NYJ, Denver, and Miami will select QBs, and that none of Buffalo, Arizona, Baltimore, LAC, or Pittsburgh will move into the top 11?

18 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

they absolutely will not...imo

Yep, no where close.  Everyone knows we are the basement at 12.  Teams will (probably already are) be working very hard to get in front of us.  With Lamar bombing the pre-draft, I think there's a very clear separation with the top 4. It's one thing if the Giants go QB at 2, the Browns won't move from 4 and the Broncos go QB at 5.  I think Chubb & Barkley have separated themselves at the top of the position players, outside of those two I expect the teams not going QB are going to be shopping the picks hard.  Patience to see what happens down to 12 is not an option.

15 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Gone by 6 at the latest

Absolutely agree.  The Giants & Browns could sit at their picks to take Chubb / Barkley, but if Denver isn't going QB I expect they'll trade out and the same with Indy.  You don't turn down the package of picks for a guard or DB.

Edited by Chuck Wagon
  • Like (+1) 3