Sal .C: Giants Really Like Darnold

Gotta love that Sal guy, am I right?

The Giants could trade to 1, to get him.  Then the Browns could ideally put #2 up for grabs. Whatever happens, there’s something brewing at 1 Bills.   These guys are definitely bracing for something it seems.   

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Won't matter with the Browns taking his as the #1 pick. 

I definitely feel like the Giants are swaying differently.  I think they’re split on Rosen, but don’t want the Jets to take him, for “blow back” reasons.  That would mean they believe the Browns would ideally deal #2, all but assuring a team has stepped up for Rosen.

i say this knowing nothing, just observing.  I could be WAY off the rez though

Edited by DFT
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, DFT said:

Gotta love that Sal guy, am I right?

The Giants could trade to 1, to get him.  Then the Browns could ideally put #2 up for grabs. Whatever happens, there’s something brewing at 1 Bills.   These guys are definitely bracing for something it seems.   

This really make zero logic for Cleveland, unless they are dead set on landing Barkley and passing up Darnold.  This seems like a move the Browns of the past few years would make.  The problem is they would again, be passing on a QB.  I don’t think Dorsey would do it 

Just now, BuffaloRush said:

This really make zero logic for Cleveland, unless they are dead set on landing Barkley and passing up Darnold.  This seems like a move the Browns of the past few years would make.  The problem is they would again, be passing on a QB.  I don’t think Dorsey would do it 

Unless they like Allen or Mayfield just as much.

Just now, BuffaloRush said:

Nope. Damn, if only Sashi Whateverthef@@khisnameis was still the GM in CLE. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Giants trade up to 1 to snag Darnold then trade him to the Bills?  Lol

5 weeks left of this... lol

Ps DFT are you who I think you are? :-)

No, I think the love for Darnold is real.  I think he wowed some folks today in nasty conditions.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Of course it doesn't.  With the 1st pick in the 2018 draft the Cleveland Browns select Sam Darnold, Quarterback USC. 

1. Giants - Darnold

2. Bills - Rosen

3. Jets - Allen

4. Browns - Barkley

I would never have even guessed this until today.  I’m with you.  Cle is probably gonna take Darnold.  But the Giants seem genuine.   

2 minutes ago, DFT said:

1. Giants - Darnold

2. Bills - Rosen

3. Jets - Allen

4. Browns - Barkley

I would never have even guessed this until today.  I’m with you.  Cle is probably gonna take Darnold.  But the Giants seem genuine.   

If the Bills and Browns want to remain incompetent and irrelevant as we enter the roaring 20's, this is exactly what will happen.

3 minutes ago, DFT said:

1. Giants - Darnold

2. Bills - Rosen

3. Jets - Allen

4. Browns - Barkley

The Browns trade out of #1 and #2 and then take a RB at #4. :lol:

Just now, Wayne Arnold said:

If the Bills and Browns want to remain incompetent and irrelevant as we enter the roaring 20's, this is exactly what will happen.

You must have been an incredible presence of joy at Major Magic’s when you were a child.   

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, DFT said:

You must have been an incredible presence of joy at Major Magic’s when you were a child.   

Browns would be idiots passing on Darnold and the Bills would be even more idiotic to trade all their picks only to choose a quarterback who sucks.

Not sure what the hell that has to do with being a joyful presence as a child. But you keep doing you.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Browns trade out of #1 and #2 and then take a RB at #4. :lol:

Wouldn’t have ever thought of it, until today.  Schefter himself said there are some “strange” things brewing with these teams.  Miami too.   They are also going to try something.   

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Browns would be idiots passing on Darnold and the Bills would be even more idiotic to trade all their picks only to choose a quarterback who sucks.

Not sure what the hell that has to do with being a joyful presence as a child. But you keep doing you.

It was Buffalo humor.  No offense intended at all.   

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Have you called the Bills and told them all their scouts are wrong about Rosen? you could save the day!

Everyone keeps wondering which QB to take, which one is the best in the draft.  Everyone needs to realize that sometimes it's not about who was better in college, who was better at the combine, or who was better at pro-day and pre draft visits.  We just need to get the guy that's best for our system.  There are many top rated QBs that went to terrible systems and failed miserably.  Yes, Baker is the guy I really want more than any other QB in this draft class.  But at this point, I don't care who we get, as long as we get our guy who fits our system the best and can produce.  I trust that we'll make this happen.  April 26, hurry up and get here already.  GO BILLS!!!!

10 minutes ago, DFT said:

Wouldn’t have ever thought of it, until today.  Schefter himself said there are some “strange” things brewing with these teams.  Miami too.   They are also going to try something.   

I caught him on the radio here today.  The local guys (Columbus) said something about the Bills loving McCarron, Schefter was basically incredulous, said there's no love for McCarron he just happened to be the right price and said the price for #2 is likely the 2 1sts this year, the 2019 1st and potentially a second.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Circlethewagon8404 said:

Everyone keeps wondering which QB to take, which one is the best in the draft.  Everyone needs to realize that sometimes it's not about who was better in college, who was better at the combine, or who was better at pro-day and pre draft visits.  We just need to get the guy that's best for our system.  There are many top rated QBs that went to terrible systems and failed miserably.  Yes, Baker is the guy I really want more than any other QB in this draft class.  But at this point, I don't care who we get, as long as we get our guy who fits our system the best and can produce.  I trust that we'll make this happen.  April 26, hurry up and get here already.  GO BILLS!!!!

The Bills aren't drafting a QB based on system fit.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Sorry, I also forgot to mention Sal saying that the chatter says the Giants have been talking to the Browns about number one for this.

That sounds insane.

3 minutes ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

Beane has already said he is not taking a “system’ QB.

7 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

If you want to remain incompetent and irrelevant as a poster to use your phrase keep saying that Rosen sucks. 

1 minute ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

smokescreen.  We all know coaches say random things during this time of year.

It's the GM Beane who said that and it makes sense.  If Dabold is successful, there's nothing to stop him from getting a HC job with a new OC coming in to bring a new scheme. 

6 minutes ago, DFT said:

It was Buffalo humor.  No offense intended at all.   

Could you imagine Miami coming in and doing what the Jets did to move up for one of the QBs, when will NE get into the mix so we for sure would have all 6 gone before we move up or get nothing at 12. AFCE would be all set at QB for many years, except of course the Bills.What a off season, could end up a epic fail on the Bills after all this moving..

10 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Now this is a smokescreen. The Giants must want Barkley imo and may be trying to force the Browns to choose Darnold. I think they are taking Darnold regardless. Giants take Barkley, Jets QB, maybe we trade to 4?

It wouldn't surprise me one bit.  

Let's just work this out 3 ways.  The Giants tell the Browns if they take Barkley then Darnold is gone, forcing the Browns hand at one.  With Barkley spoken for the Browns can entertain a trade at 4, moving back to 12, picking up 22 & 65 in the process.  A value chart "win" move equivalent to adding an extra high 2.  Now that the Giants know QBs would go 2 - 3, they can trade with us down to 4, pick up #53 / #96 / 2019 3rd, a huge win for the Giants as they get the exact player they want while adding capital.

So we trade #12 / #22 / #53 / #65 / #97 / 2019 3rd to get to 2, but have both our 1st and 2nd in 2019, plus #56

The Browns likely get an impact defensive player at 12, not Chub, but potentially Ward or Fitzpatrick, plus have picks 22 / 33 / 35 / 64 /65

Giants get Barkley and picks 53 / 97 / 2019 3rd

Everyone goes home happy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1