Jets just traded with Colts for #3 pick in first round

Just now, joesixpack said:

You're gonna sink on that ship AND die on that hill.

Sorry man, you're flat-out wrong.

It wasn't him it was me. But if you read what I said. I said, unless there are stupid trades. You had the Giants, Browns and Jets and Broncos taking QB's. I said the Broncos would sign Keenum and QB talk was a smokescreen. I also said unless there are stupid trades no way it happens.

Just now, RiotAct said:

wait... that’s all the Jets gave up????

Yikes.  Come on Beane, you’re better than them!

The Colts GM showed no patience... If they waited closer to the draft they could have received way more.

I'm not worried. They're the Jets... They'll probably take Josh Allen. But we forced the Jets to give up picks anyway. At the very least we scared them into giving up draft picks for a QB that they didn't think they would have to just a week ago.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Fetou said:

Something tells me if the Giants were trying to trade out of #2, the Jets would have aimed for that. I have a strong feeling that the Giants are taking a QB.

If the Giants are taking a QB, and the Browns and Jets intend to take QBs as well, then we will not be moving up for a QB in this draft.  In that case, I bet we end up making sure we that we can get Roquan Smith.

Keep in mind the Jets only moved from 6 to 3.  Only a 3 spot move-up, which is why it only cost them second rounders.

Moving from 12 to 3 is MUCH costlier, an order of magnitude so.

If the Bills want to pick #2, it's going to cost both first, next years #1, and some other swag.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

You're gonna sink on that ship AND die on that hill.

Sorry man, you're flat-out wrong.

Nope. 

I’m also not sure how you’re right. Jets had a top 6 pick anyway. It’s not like a team outside of the top 10 jumped up.

I won’t be wrong. And I’ll let you know about it.

I think we might be looking at Rudolph or 2nd tier guys now.  The Jets F'ed up the price.  They gave up a 1st and 3 2nd round picks to move up just 3 spots.  With that kind of price to pay, now the Giants are going to command a damn fortune.  I'm not happy about this at all.  As I said late last week, teams like Denver and the Jets offer more value because the Giants and the Colts can still get their guy and "rape" them for picks.  That's exactly what happened here.  The Colts are still going to get Chubb if that's who they want and they just stacked the deck.

• Like (+1) 1