DT Star Lotulelei to Bills!

2 minutes ago, Wsam4031 said:

He was a beast his first and second year against the run. He has fallen off the past few years to a below avg DT. I hate to be negative because I love all the action and McDermott and Beane know this guy a lot better than I do but for what I think they paid him itll be a bust pick unless he plays at the level he did his rookie and 2nd year. Since we don't have the specifics of the contract yet im guessing 5 year 58 million with 25 guaranteed

They said the same thing about Dareus too! If Lotulelei comes in and does what Marcell Dareus did at half the price, I can live with that.

4 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Many people complained about Dareus saying he didn't do anything and them complained about how bad they were after he left. Sometimes their importance isn't noticed through measurable personal stats like tackles and sacks

it wasnt even about Dareus' stats,  it was his availability.    u dont pay out to a guy whos unreliable.    2 straight years where he was oft-injured.    hes no good to anybody if hes not on the field.   add this to his off field shenanigans,  the terrible contract he had, not hard to see the reasoning behind the trade.

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Good piece, but this is why the grading system is flawed, especially for qbs:

The greatness of Rodgers’ performance last night was in the intangibles. Recognizing the blitz, drawing the defense offsides, catching the Chiefs in bad situations and exploiting those scenarios with simple passes to open receivers. But you cannot — and we do not try to — quantify intangibles, or what comes pre-snap. Our system grades what can be graded — the execution of the play post-snap — and in that regard Rodgers did not stand out in the same way that his statistics did.

Definitely a need position but the falloff in production/grade in 2016-17 is certainly a concern.  The money is important here, as well as the ability to walk away from the contract painlessly if McD/Frazier can't get Star back to his 2013-2015 level.  He's definitely not too old; perhaps a change of scenery was needed.

3 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Ugh...

2018_03.03_Star_PFF.thumb.jpg.5e2bc97c118f86840b05667cf5b1204a.jpg

Would you stop using PFF?  They watch the games on a broadcast view and they are assuming they know what the assignment was.

They gave Tyrod Taylor an 80.1 grade for his game against the Panthers this year but Aaron Rodgers throws 5 TD passes and 400 yards and he got a negative grade.

PFF graded Demetress Bell as the best pass protecting LT when he was with the Bills.

Eric Wood used to criticize PFF all the time.  Other players have too.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Would you stop using PFF?  They watch the games on a broadcast view and they are assuming they know what the assignment was.

They gave Tyrod Taylor an 80.1 grade for his game against the Panthers this year but Aaron Rodgers throws 5 TD passes and 400 yards and he got a negative grade.

PFF graded Demetress Bell as the best pass protecting LT when he was with the Bills.

I mean... the guy jumped at the first chance to play under his old D-Coordinator.  Clearly they feel a reunion will be good for both parties.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

He's a space eater, not a disrupter. He frees up other players to make plays. 

How a fan explains every crappy NFL defensive tackle: "He's a space eater, not a disrupter."

You don't sign space eaters to five-year contracts. This is a bad signing.

3 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

I remember this and it further proves my point that PFF doesnt use concrete formulas. Its very opinion based.

That's literally why all of the NFL teams pay PFF lol is precisely because they aren't constrained to concrete formulas that don't take context into account.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

PFF serves a purpose, but people like to rely on it way too much.

I don’t usually care what PFF has to say.