DT Star Lotulelei to Bills!

7 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Um, Vince Wilfork was the king at this.

You sign these guys all the time to these deals.

Vince Wilfork is (was) elite. 

Lutulelei has never even made the Pro Bowl. Which is really hard to do when you're a Top 15 draft pick. 

To even compare him to Wilfork is laughable.

Edited by Wayne Arnold
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

I actually believe this is quite possible. They might even look at the linebacker from Virginia Tech at number 12. 

All last season I said McD would be going after his next Keuchle, so it wouldn't surprise me if this is what they're doing.

But if they moved up to 13 to take Smith or the VT linebacker, what do they do at qb?   Is Cousins still in play?.  

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

It seems to me as Carolina has added players around Lotulelei, like Vernon Butler, his stats have decline, which may be why his PFF score has consistently gone down.  Much like when a MLB that may not be great gets 1,000 tackles because the players around him are not very good.  

Just now, Wayne Arnold said:

Vince Wilfork is (was) elite. 

Lutulelei has never even made the Pro Bowl despite being a first-round draft pick. Which is really hard to do when you're a Top 15 draft pick. 

To even compare him to Wilfork is laughable.

I never did, Just pointing out that space eaters are critical to teams. 

21 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

They said the same thing about Dareus too! If Lotulelei comes in and does what Marcell Dareus did at half the price, I can live with that.

there is no doubt he wont be half the price

1 minute ago, CountDorkula said:

I never did, Just pointing out that space eaters are critical to teams. 

Just because a guy takes up a lot of space doesn't make him a "space eater." It's a term people like to use when they can't explain why a fat guy can't make plays because he gets dominated at the line of scrimmage.

39 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Ya those jauron years were brutal. I do think though that making the playoffs this year has made a good impression on players around the league

As nice as it is to sign UFAs and provide that instant gratification, none of Buffalo's major signings like Dockery/Walker (2007) and Mario/Anderson (2012) made a tremendous difference.It's building a team not individual positions.

35 minutes ago, scribo said:

This is exactly the type of signing we should expect. A solid, reliable player who believes in the process. He could likely go elsewhere and shoot for much bigger stats. But he's willing to play his role and watch LBs rack up tackles. The Panthers picked up his fifth-year option, so they valued him when McD was running their D. The most encouraging thing here is that the coaches and GM who knows him best are ours. Very low risk.

He's a NT in a 40 front. Those guys know they're not the types who'll garner stats and accolades. It's an unheralded position to begin withh.

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The "other reason" Sal says is because they desire to field a 4 man DL.

Did Sal get hit in the head in camp last year?    If the Bills fed him that take they are just f*cking with him at this point.    

Lotulelei is there to shore up the run.........he will have virtually no impact on the passing game...........you want a DT who can keep the QB from stepping up in the pocket get a DT who can collapse it and get in the backfield.:doh:

Sal needs to dial back on the meds. I feel like someone is telling him to be Mr. Happy Homer all the time and it's wearing thin. Then again, maybe the millennial/fan boy types want that and surface level reporting. 

11 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

We need stuffers, even if he just eats blocks routinely at 8-9 million a year, that's basically what Marcell Dareus did at 18-19 million a year. 

I think this correct. I saw something that said he was looking for four years at $40 million, so your 8-9 is a little low but in the ball park.  

By the way, buying these guys after a down year is smart.  It keeps the price down a bit. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

All last season I said McD would be going after his next Keuchle, so it wouldn't surprise me if this is what they're doing.

But if they moved up to 13 to take Smith or the VT linebacker, what do they do at qb?   Is Cousins still in play?.  

Vander Esch is very similar in size to Luke, he is one inch taller and 5 pounds heavier. Luke ran a 4.58, Esch ran a 4.65. Esch had a better 3 cone, so perhaps that balances out a bit? The rest of their numbers are pretty similar.

If the Bills are able to keep that pick at 22 I think he is very much in play. 

Luke was a lowly 2 star recruit that ended up at BC. VE was a walk on at Boise St. after only playing on an 8 vs. 8 high school football team. 

Edited by Commonsense

14 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

It seems to me as Carolina has added players around Lotulelei, like Vernon Butler, his stats have decline, which may be why his PFF score has consistently gone down.  Much like when a MLB that may not be great gets 1,000 tackles because the players around him are not very good.  

That's not how PFF works, they watch the game tape and try to grade each player on each play.