Josh Rosen has "Bust" written ALL over him.

16 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Gotta say, I agree with the OP...been saying it for a while now... Rosen’s two concussions to end the season are a MAJOR deal!

Even Sal said they compound and become easier to get after you’ve had your first one...I don’t believe Rosen has made it through an entire college season...how would he ever survive a longer, harder hitting NFL season?

I could see Rosen bolting from the NFL early if he gets another one or two more concussions...remember, he comes from money and doesn’t need football...he’s gonna wanna make sure his brain is functional to achieve his other aspirations...

you know, that is concerning and did not know about the concussions. definitely should raise concern to whomever may of wanted to draft him?

Mayfield?

3 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

What about his two concussions to end the the season?

No issues.  There was a study done a few years back that brought to light that the average college athlete comes to the NFL with an average of two concussions (documented or not).  He’s shown no ill effects and has elite mechanics, with incredible football acumen.  No reservations on my part.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

you know, that is concerning and did not know about the concussions. definitely should raise concern to whomever may of wanted to draft him?

Mayfield?

I know...and the thing is, nobody is talking about it because everyone is distracted with talk about his personality...to me the injury history is a much bigger concern.

Love Mayfield...love his toughness...Rosen seems soft imo...but we will see

2 minutes ago, DFT said:

No issues.  There was a study done a few years back that brought to light that the average college athlete comes to the NFL with an average of two concussions (documented or not).  He’s shown no ill effects and has elite mechanics, with incredible football acumen.  No reservations on my part.

Fair enough

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

I really hope the Bills are targeting Darnold or Allen.

IMO they are the two best qb's in the draft class. 

In my grad school days we said "opinions are like a**holes - everybody has one and few want to examine other people's in any detail"

I think those two guys are the worst of the top prospects and both need to sit, Allen for at least 2 years (if his accuracy problems can be fixed), Darnold for at least 1 and will have a rough start. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Well, no way the Browns take Rosen after he publicly dissed them, if the Browns go QB it won't be him. The fact that we are trading for #3 tells me that Gettleman tipped his hand to Beane and let them know they're taking Barkley at 2. The Giants told us that IMO because they want us to trade up, the Giants want Barkley more than any QB in the draft so if Buffalo goes to #3, it forces the Browns to go QB. If the Browns take Barkley, then Darnold and Rosen come off the board at 2 and 3 and Cleveland is left with Mayfield or Allen at 4.

That's how I see it anyways.

He didn't publicly dis anybody, actually. But when some hack takes comments out of context by not providing the entire quote, that perception gets thrown out there. 

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You’re telling me Rosen has more bust potential than Allen?

Yes.

Allen is big, mobile, and has a rocket arm. Oh and much more durable than Rosen. 

Edited by Klaista2k
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, DFT said:

Not gonna lie, this calmed my fears a little. Here's a good article I found if anyone is trying to convince themselves Rosen will be a good pick despite the injury history:

gojoebruin.com/2017/12/09/ucla-football-josh-rosen-having-to-avoid-hits-on-and-off-the-field/

46 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

If this is his highlight reel, count me out. Looked robotic in the pocket, threw some very ill advised passes. Looked awkward under pressure. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

1 minute ago, Klaista2k said:

Yes.

Allen is big, mobile, and has a rocket arm. Oh and much more durable than Rosen. 

Rocket arms helped Jamarcus Russell and Kyle Boller turn into franchise QBs, always listen to this poster and always draft based solely on measurables. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ndirish1978 said:

Rocket arms helped Jamarcus Russell and Kyle Boller turn into franchise QBs, always listen to this poster and always draft based solely on measurables. 

All I'm saying is I like him more than Rosen.

Just wasn't that impressed with Rosen after watching him. 

15 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

“Might be the best back shoulder thrower”....and we have 6”5 Benjamin.  Yeah I’ll take that.

Could have used that on first and goal against the Jags. Should have, actually. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1