THE ERA OF NATE HAS BEGUN

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

Petermans performance was in line with his 5th round draft pick status .  He is luckier than most to have even received a shot to start.  

Three 5th round draft picks who got chances to start and didn't lay such a big egg:

1) Brett Hundley

2) AJ McCarron

3) Craig Nall

That's about it, out of 31 QB drafted in the 5th round from 1998-2016.  And that's not to say those guys played great, just they didn't lay such a huge egg.

You're right, only about 20-25% of those guys get a chance to play and none of them looked very impressive. 

Which is not to say "draft round defines a guy's ceiling", but it does say "draft arm defines a team's expectations" (until proven otherwise).

3 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

The draft can't get here soon enough.  I'm done with the "Trust Peterman" / "Draft Rudolph at 21" / "We have too many holes" posts (not to mention "I have a brilliant idea that would be completely ignored in a current relevant thread" thread starting).

Even if they draft a rookie QB it doesn’t guarantee who will be the starter.    

Imo the only one to get the #1 position would be a guy like Foles.  

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t disagree but the Saints did it with Grayson and he was a 3rd. If a guy stinks, he stinks. Peterman’s flaws coming in weren’t things that improve. He was called one of the most pro-ready guys last year. That means that teams thought he was mentally ahead of his peers yet he still went pick 171. He had some physical questions that teams hoped could be overcome with his mental prowess.

That’s why he will be written off much quicker than a guy like Cardale Jones that has world’s of physical tools but a long way to go on the mental side. You can teach a guy to read defenses but you can’t teach them to be 6’6” and throw it 70 yards. Now it is likely that neither of them amount to anything but there are different ceilings and adjustment periods. All prospects are not created equally. 

Allen did that at the combine.

Just sayin' I agree with you, it's why a guy like Allen will get a chance.

Similar to the NBA.

You can't teach height or jumping ability.

Physical attributes are kinda set in stone, with only minimal range of change available (a bit of muscle here, a bit of toning there) unless the guy has a growth spurt (you this in the NBA because guys are drafted at age 18-19 frequently,vs NFL they are 20-22 usually)

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, prissythecat said:

Petermans performance was in line with his 5th round draft pick status .  He is luckier than most to have even received a shot to start.  

....not according to the TBD "One & Done Gang".......5th round selection, minis, OTA's, TC, scant pre-season duty, ONE disastrous start as well as some "mop up" duty constitutes a "career" for them....if I'm a 2018 QB candidate draftee, I'd stay in school for my PhD rather than walk the TBD pigeon stained red carpet gauntlet........pretty clear why McBeane has an office at OBD for probably $2 mil/yr as GM and the "experts" are stuck here postin' and yappin'.....comical isn't it?.................

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t disagree but the Saints did it with Grayson and he was a 3rd. If a guy stinks, he stinks. Peterman’s flaws coming in weren’t things that improve. He was called one of the most pro-ready guys last year. That means that teams thought he was mentally ahead of his peers yet he still went pick 171. He had some physical questions that teams hoped could be overcome with his mental prowess.

That’s why he will be written off much quicker than a guy like Cardale Jones that has world’s of physical tools but a long way to go on the mental side. You can teach a guy to read defenses but you can’t teach them to be 6’6” and throw it 70 yards. Now it is likely that neither of them amount to anything but there are different ceilings and adjustment periods. All prospects are not created equally. 

I agree that guys with the physical tools get more chances.

That's why all the pundits (and maybe teams) are all over Josh Allen despite his mediocre QB stats and weak level of competition

I'm not entirely sold on the "flaws coming in weren't things that improve".  First off, I don't care who a guy is, the NFL clock is faster and all QB need to adjust to that.

Second, it seems to me a number of QB have improved their arm strength and throwing velocity - in fact that's true of a bunch of the best QB today and ever.

20 hours ago, Wagon Circler said:

Today is the day! The Peterman era has begun. Ladies and gentleman, I draw your attention to the only quarterback on the Bills roster and therefore, the de facto starter. The train is ready to leave the station, but there is still plenty of room on board! #DON'TSLEEPONNATE. Who's with me?

I'm right there with you on this one.

Anyone can have a bad day and throw 5 Ints in a half.  We are all only human.

Nate is gonna lead this team to the promised land; it helps that he has a special relationship with the Lord.

20 hours ago, Wagon Circler said:

Today is the day! The Peterman era has begun. Ladies and gentleman, I draw your attention to the only quarterback on the Bills roster and therefore, the de facto starter. The train is ready to leave the station, but there is still plenty of room on board! #DON'TSLEEPONNATE. Who's with me?

'The Era of Nate':

March 9, 2018 - April 26, 2018

15 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Um what’s wrong with selling insurance?!?

I’m jk, it’s actually kind of funny because we have like 18-20 producers in my agency and one guy played in the NFL for a while and one in the NHL. Do all washout athletes sell insurance??

Haha, it was just the first non-football related job that popped into my head. No disrespect! 

I have a few friends who do it -- it's a tough job, that's for sure. You need to be a driven, resilient cat to do well in that game. 

Anyone who hates Nate and likes Mason Rudolph confuses me. Similar arm strength, Nate is the better athlete with bigger hands, plus his footwork and ability in a pro style offense makes him much more ready for the NFL. Rudolph is tall. Nfl.com gave Peterman a slightly better prospect grade. They compare Peterman to Kirk Cousins and Rudolph to Christian Ponder. Just sayin. 

He seemed to play pretty well in the game vs Indy.

Had a 100.8 NFL rating for that game, along with an ESPN QBR rating of 84.6.

I haven't given up on the guy and I am reasonably confident he'll be on the team next year.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, hemma said:

I haven't given up on the guy and I am reasonably confident he'll be on the team next year.

He could go on to be the next Brady and he will still go down as the worst QB in NFL history for the SD game in many minds.

On 3/9/2018 at 7:16 PM, Wagon Circler said:

Ladies and Gentlemen, Announcement!  Announcement!  The Peterman era has ended! 

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 6:00 AM, MrEpsYtown said:

Anyone who hates Nate and likes Mason Rudolph confuses me. Similar arm strength, Nate is the better athlete with bigger hands, plus his footwork and ability in a pro style offense makes him much more ready for the NFL. Rudolph is tall. Nfl.com gave Peterman a slightly better prospect grade. They compare Peterman to Kirk Cousins and Rudolph to Christian Ponder. Just sayin. 

Rudolph throws a great deep ball. That is the main difference that I see.

On 3/9/2018 at 8:16 PM, Wagon Circler said:

Put the bottle down...

On 3/11/2018 at 7:29 AM, hemma said:

That LA game was an abortion and the oline did him no favors. He's going nowhere. 

• Like (+1) 1