Rapaport: Bills won’t cut Tyrod, fine with paying 6 mill bonus

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, 1billsfan said:

It's actually a smart move if they do plan on drafting Lamar Jackson. Taylor's contract is off the books in 2019 and any decent FA QB signed this year will want more than a one year deal. That means they'll have a lot of draft picks (this year) and salary cap (next year) to support Jackson's chances of success.

I'd rather pay TT that for 1 more year than waste 35M on Cousins.

And right now drafting Jackson or Rudolph @ 21 is a toss up. All the remaining FA qbs will want a multi year deal. I guess we'll have to tolerate #5 one more year.

,This is such an obvious decision I'm almost surprised that the usual suspects are throwing a tantrum. Almost.

Here is what will help you suck your thumb in the corner:

A) Cutting Taylor after the bonus gives us near exactly the same amount of cap space as before.

B) this Makes Taylor more tradable, so we would get rid of him AND get something. See how broken the market was to see the Chiefs get what they got for Alex Smith 

C) Even if not cut or traded, if he is bad as you say, whatever rookie we draft will best him in camo. They can't all be paste eaters like Peterman, right?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, kota said:

Lamar reminds me of RG3.  All those big running plays won't happen in the NFL.  You have to throw the football to be successful something Tyrod cannot do.  Just go get a pocket passer enough of the madness.

Jackson is a pocket passer. 

6 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

I am ready to jump man. OBD stupid ways of the constant backup QBs does nothing but get all the staffs fired over and over again. If they keep Tyrod another season it wasn't Whaleys QB purgatory it was OBDs.

I hear ya it's early but sadly I have been expecting this stupid garbage to continue  the entire time with this new staff when Tyrod was brought back last season. Hey maybe OC#4 or 5.  SMH

And then we made the playoffs with tyrod as our qb.  That was the BEST case scenario for the team we fielded last year and it happened.  Not sure why you would classify what they’ve done as “stupid garbage”. Makes no sense

i hope that TT isn’t our starting QB in ‘18, but we really could do worse.  We’ve seen MUCH worse.  If him being the bridge for another year is what it takes for the team to build up the OL and defensive front 7, I’m ok with it.  This team isn’t a 1st year qb away from winning a SB imo.  Yes, I’d love to land that franchise guy, but it may not be possible.  I want nothing to do with ANY of the Vikings ex QBs unless they are getting paid what TT gets paid.  Cousins at 28 mill plus a year? No thx.  All the rookies are unknown and the only ones I’d be happy about drafting are going to require trading both 1st rd picks plus more picks.  

If the plan plan is to trade up for one of those QBs, I’m game.  If they don’t trade up for one, I’m ok with that too.  They WILL have a plan.  I just hope they follow whatever that plan is and don’t waver.  There is more than 1 way to improve this team.

The first thing i thought when I saw this report is that the Bills purposely leaked it to Rapsheet so other teams will know that if they want TT they will need to trade for him. Conveniently reported right before the combine when everyone will make their handshake deals at St. Elmo’s. If they can’t get any bites and no one seems interested, they still have until 3/16 to find another vet to replace him and if they do, they may indeed cut him anyway. If they can’t sign a vet QB they keep him and draft another.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

...actually a pretty smart strategy and doesn't imply that TT is definitely here in 2018.....all 2017 contracts expire and FA starts 3/14.....McBeane would have a two day gun to his head before having to pay roster bonus on 3/16.....any opposing GM would just wait and call his bluff......this removes the gun, so now there is plenty of time to shop him and "let's make a deal" with something in return.......

1 hour ago, McBean said:

Another great reason to turn off the TV on Sundays in 2018 to spend time with family.

I can’t watch another Bills game with Tyrod Taylor under center.

As long as you do not pretend to watch games and post we are fine with that.

Are you sure you do not need a LAMP?

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I 100% KNEW you would make this comment. Watch the video. They aren't trying to keep him as our starter. They're waiting for another option to present itself.

....shocking isn't it?......his BBMB traits have carried over......and where does it say that by picking up the bonus that TT is a 2018 roster DEFINITE?......um nowhere....