How to build the Bills into a Champion

Tatonka68

1. Sign free agents CB Vonte Davis, DT Dontari Poe and WR Paul Richardson. Resign DT Kyle Williams and CB Leonard Johnson.

2. Trade both 1st round picks, the 3rd round pick from this year and a 2nd from 2019 to NY GIants for there 1st round pick.

3. Draft QB Josh Rosen in the 1st round, in the 2ns round draft ILB Josey Jewell and OLB Tegray Scales, 4th round pick RB Bo Scarbrough.

DONE

• Like (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

1. Sign free agents CB Vonte Davis, DT Dontari Poe and WR Paul Richardson. Resign DT Kyle Williams and CB Leonard Johnson.

2. Trade both 1st round picks, the 3rd round pick from this year and a 2nd from 2019 to NY GIants for there 1st round pick.

3. Draft QB Josh Rosen in the 1st round, in the 2ns round draft ILB Josey Jewell and OLB Tegray Scales, 4th round pick RB Bo Scarbrough.

DONE

How about this:

1) Build the best offensive line in the NFL through player acquisition and coaching

2) Build a top 10 all around defense

3) Acquire an elite QB by any means possible.

4) Adopt an offensive mentality of blitzkrieg in terms of play calling

Then enjoy your team being a powerhouse contender in the AFC year after year after year

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

DONE

There is a zero percent chance you're getting the 2nd overall pick for what you've proposed.  

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

DONE

You realize this is substantially less than other recent trade-ups, for more spots?

Wentz Trade for #2 pick - Eagles gave:

2016 #8 overall pick
2016 Third and Fourth
2017 First
2018 Second

Mahomes Trade for #10 - KC gave:

2017 #27 pick

2017 Third

2018 1st

Chicago gave a 3rd, a 4th, and a 2018 3rd just to swap 1 spot.

I'm not sure  what it would take to move up from #21 to #2, but I'm pretty sure what you describe won't do it. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You realize this is substantially less than other recent trade-ups, for more spots?

Wentz Trade for #2 pick - Eagles gave:

2016 #8 overall pick
2016 Third and Fourth
2017 First
2018 Second

Mahomes Trade for #10 - KC gave:

2017 #27 pick

2017 Third

2018 1st

Chicago gave a 3rd, a 4th, and a 2018 3rd just to swap 1 spot.

I'm not sure  what it would take to move up from #21 to #2, but I'm pretty sure what you describe won't do it. 

I am thinking 21 and 22, Glenn, 2018 2nd, 2018, 3rd 

2019 2nd, 

i am giving the extra picks in 2018 (2nd) to try and keep my 2019 1st. 

45 minutes ago, White Linen said:

There is a zero percent chance you're getting the 2nd overall pick for what you've proposed.  

I don't think giants will trade out at all. Unless you are Cleveland, getting the top 1-2 picks is rare, especially during a good year for QB--they will draft Manning's replacement. The first 2 picks will be QBs. Indy is a team that has a QB (as long as he recovers from that injury) and with multiple draft needs. I'M guessing darnold-Rosen will be the first 2 taken (not necessarily in that order), so if the Bills think Mayfield is worth moving up, then my guess is position 3, a trade with Indy.

Edited by TPS

19 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

2019 2nd, 

I think that might move us up from 8 or 10 to 4, not 21/22 to 2

I do have a question: how would a draft day trade including a player go down?  Can anyone give recent examples of this happening?

Normally when a player is traded, the player reports to the trade partner's facility for a physical by their team physicians, and if he fails it the trade is either re-negotiated or off.  Well, if you trade a pick for a player, and the trade partner uses it to draft a player that would not be your choice, what remedy would you have?

I would guess, especially with a player that saw limited playing time for what may be a chronic injury as Glenn did, there would not be a good draft-day trade market.

If teams feel he is worth a pick, I would think they would trade for him in March or April before the draft so they have time for their staff to vet him before it goes down.

2 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

DONE

I'm on board for most of this. I'd call it the way to start to build the Bills into a champion. It'll take a lot more time, moves and sweat. But yeah, this'd be a good start.

Don't see them getting Poe, though. Too big a ticket. They seem to want to build through the draft, and not sign high-dollar FAs off other teams.

I agree with Hapless that that probably won't get us up to #2. I'd guess you'd have a chance if you also threw in Cordy Glenn.

Edited by Thurman#1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

2019 2nd, 

I see so many posters putting Glenn in a trade package.  If I'm the other team that is almost a deal BREAKER.  An average LT, overpaid, and often hurt.  Why would I want that in a deal?  I've never seen any kind of rankings of OT's that had him in the top 10

• Like (+1) 1

Here is one nobody will like. But it has to be something nobody in Buffalo will like, otherwise teams won't hand over a top pick! Nobody is going to be enticed by including Cordy Glenn and his giant cap number. (Unless we eat a bunch of it that I am not aware of)

I think Tre White, and a first and a second this year (2018) might get us where we need to be.

Tre White and two firsts this year I think would do it for sure.

And for sure I agree with Polish Dave we have to get the O-line. Without the O-line being highly upgraded there is no reason to even bother getting a QB prospect. 

• Like (+1) 2