Tyrod wants to “Continue to be accurate..”

stevestojan

18 hours ago, grb said:

This one never gets old : Taylor in 2015 & 2016 whenever he had Watkins and Woods to throw to :

63.6% comp. 8.25 YPA. 27 TD passes. 6 INTs

That's over two years and fifteen games total.

Funny how "Captain Checkdown" disappeared whenever the Bills could field two NFL-grade receivers, huh?

Also never gets old how most of those games were in his first year, 2015, when NFL teams hadn't figured out how to counter Tyrod yet.

In 2016, Woods and Watkins played together in six games. Baltimore, Jets, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Miami and the Jets again. The last game against the Jets, Tyrod didn't play. So ten of those games fifteen games you're talking about were in 2015. Only five in 2016.

And those five games in 2016 were against the 13th, 14th, 17th, 31st and 30th best pass defenses in terms of passer rating. That's not a difficult slate. Not great defenses overall.

Tyrod was pretty good in those games. How many of those games did Woods go over 43 yards? Zero. His yards for those five games were 20, 10, 29, 5 and 43 and zero TDs. Sammy? 43, 20, 54,10 and 154 against Miami, again one of the worst pass Ds in the league that year. Total of two TDs. Tyrod wasn't ripping up those two WRs in those games. He played pretty well, but those WRs sure don't appear to have been the reason.

1 minute ago, Thurman#1 said:

Also never gets old how most of those games were in his first year, 2015, when NFL teams hadn't figured out how to counter Tyrod yet.

Facts the TT fans do not want to comprehend.  

Two (maybe three) times this season we heard opposing teams say the key to beat Buffalo is to make TT a QB. 

If that alone isn’t proof nothing will convince them. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Facts the TT fans do not want to comprehend.  

Two (maybe three) times this season we heard opposing teams say the key to beat Buffalo is to make TT a QB. 

If that alone isn’t proof nothing will convince them. 

It is what sealed TTs departure for me this year.

I love a lot about TT's game.....but you gotta pull the trigger.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

It is what sealed TTs departure for me this year.

I love a lot about TT's game.....but you gotta pull the trigger.

Tyrod had the safety locked on.

The Bills went 9-7 and made the playoffs after 17 years without a passing offense. Their offense was basically run, don't turn it over, and punt the ball inside the 10.

The problem is that if the team falls behind the game is over. Even if it's by 7. Unless the other team starts throwing picks or fumbling you might as well change the channel.

Imagine if we had a top 10 passing offense to go with the solid overall effort.

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

The Bills went 9-7 and made the playoffs after 17 years without a passing offense. Their offense was basically run, don't turn it over, and punt the ball inside the 10.

The problem is that if the team falls behind the game is over. Even if it's by 7. Unless the other team starts throwing picks or fumbling you might as well change the channel.

This 

or you could hop on the jfh theory that passing yards are bad so we can cover up the terrible qb depth chart 

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

This 

or you could hop on the jfh theory that passing yards are bad so we can cover up the terrible qb depth chart 

accept john just stated he wants to move on from taylor.... you just lack the comprehension skills to understand you can go to bat for a guy when he's getting bagged on everyday but still wanna move on and upgrade from said player. 

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

superbowl?

22 hours ago, PaulieYayo said:

Mind blown by PFF

IK, right?

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

There's nothing wrong with reduction to the absurd when the point you're attacking is itself absurd. 

There is, actually.  It cuts off meaningful discussion and belittles the person you're allegedly trying to converse with.  Stop it or I'm done here.

The reason reduction to the absurd works on phrases like "anyone but Tyrod" is because it's absurd ... on the face of it. They don't mean "anyone but Tyrod." It's shorthand and a lot smoother than, "Not Tyrod." That's what they meant. And for good reason. They don't mean anyone. Don't like Beyonce? Fine, they don't mean Taylor Swift. And they don't mean Manuel or Blaine Gabbert or Beatherd. The idea's ridiculous.

But honestly, I would rather see Siemian than Tyrod.

We can stop right there, too.  If you'd rather see Siemian than Tyrod, I'm not too sure we have enough football common ground for discussion.  No one who watches football should be trying to defend Siemian as "more functional from the pocket" than Taylor.

I agree that the point I'm attacking, "Anyone but Taylor" is absurd.  No Buffalo Bills Football Fan should really mean that! 

But it has been said, and when questioned and pressed, those who have said it insist that IS what they mean - Peterman, a rookie, some vet they dredge up, anyone.  Hell, there's someone in this thread who made the statement he'd rather have JaMarcus Russell than Tyrod.   The fact that you choose to interpret it more restrictively by excluding Gabbert, Beathard, and whoever else you put on a list of QB you don't fancy ahead of Taylor does not mean that the people saying it interpret it as you do.  You let them speak for themselves, and you speak for yourselves.  If they mean "Anyone Better" or "Anyone but Taylor except (list)" that's what they should say, and it doesn't take you "Jumping the Shark" to girl singers to go there.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

21 hours ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

The guy has won 2 games in his career without defensive help(TOs). Ill just leave that for you to think about. 

Jacksonville and Browns: 2016

I'm kind of not sure what point you're trying to make since in 2015 and 2016 TOs were one of the most reliable ways the Bills D got a stop.

-some D stops matter less than others?

-we would have won more games if we had a better D on the field?

-turnover differential is one of the leading indicators in the league that's correlated to winning?

I mean, I overall get that the purpose is to diss on Tyrod, but I'm just not sure where you're going with this stat.

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm kind of not sure what point you're trying to make since in 2015 and 2016 TOs were one of the most reliable ways the Bills D got a stop.

-some D stops matter less than others?

-we would have won more games if we had a better D on the field?

-turnover differential is one of the leading indicators in the league that's correlated to winning?

I mean, I overall get that the purpose is to diss on Tyrod, but I'm just not sure where you're going with this stat.

you try and turn it around and blame the def, thats nice.  TT is not going to win you games, you can chery pick every stat you want to try and make him look good but he cannot do it. Did you not watch the playoff game? Your going to tell me the def is the reason they lost? 10 points, thats what the def gave up. 3 points, thats all TT could get on the board, with wrs running WIDE open. Reply all you want, im done responing to people that keep defending TT. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

you try and turn it around and blame the def, thats nice.  TT is not going to win you games, you can chery pick every stat you want to try and make him look good but he cannot do it. Did you not watch the playoff game? Your going to tell me the def is the reason they lost? 10 points, thats what the def gave up. 3 points, thats all TT could get on the board, with wrs running WIDE open. Reply all you want, im done responing to people that keep defending TT. 

Hello?  Hello?  Anybody home?  All I said is I'm not sure what point you're trying to make with YOUR quoted stat that Tyrod has won 2 games where the defense didn't get a turnover.

How about instead of putting words in my mouth, you try explaining it to me as I asked?   I am cherry picking no stats for Tyrod nor anyone else, but actually, it kind of looks like perhaps you are.

Since it's well known that turnover differential is an important factor to wins league wide, I would actually not be surprised to find it's fairly common for wins generally to correlate with defensive turnovers.

Edit:  OK, I picked a team - the LA Chargers!  Do you know that in the last three years, Phillip Rivers hasn't won ONE SINGLE GAME where he didn't get defensive help (TURNOVERS!).  WOW!  THAT must prove RIVERS is REALLY BAD!  I picked another team - the Flaming Thumbtacks!  Do you know that in the last three years, Mariota has only won TWO GAMES where he didn't get defensive help (TURNOVERS!).  WOW!  THAT must prove MARIOTA is REALLY BAD!

You seem a little "sensitive" on this point, but it's no worry to me if you reply or if you don't, so long as you don't respond with all this straw man boogaboo.  The point is that making a deal out of whether a team wins without turnovers may not have much relevance to proving the QB is good or bad.

• Like (+1) 1

Yes, his 45 % completion performance several weeks ago WAS noteworthy...

Amazing and hilarious all at the same time.

:lol:

On 2/8/2018 at 5:23 AM, dave mcbride said:

... but not so easy ro have a high completion percentage when you have the worst receiving corps in the league by almost every measure, including ability to get separation.

Dude.  Give up...

He sucks.

Edited by Socal-805
  • Like (+1) 1

I am still not convinced any of our offensive coordinators have tapped into tyrod Taylor's full potential as a QB. I'm not talking about him making throws over the middle. I'm talking about a complete system that focuses on his speed, athleticism as a runner and his deep ball accuracy. I think a coach who could maximize his potential, paired with a defense much like what Jax has, has the potential to win a Superbowl 

On 2/8/2018 at 9:43 AM, Teddy KGB said:

I hope he comes to the new xfl team in your region Harvey from Hemet. 

LOL... + 1

There's PLENTY of parking in Hemet!

6 minutes ago, TallskiWallski83 said:

I am still not convinced any of our offensive coordinators have tapped into tyrod Taylor's full potential as a QB. I'm not talking about him making throws over the middle. I'm talking about a complete system that focuses on his speed, athleticism as a runner and his deep ball accuracy. I think a coach who could maximize his potential, paired with a defense much like what Jax has, has the potential to win a Superbowl 

Like in COLLEGE!!!  

On 08/02/2018 at 9:51 AM, Limeaid said:

No not honest at all; very slanted to try to support opinion.

"Hyperboyle (or exaggeration) is a sign of someone unprepared for battle of wits" my debate teacher used to say.,

I think we would rather have JaMarcus Russell than you but neither point means much.

Ditto

10 hours ago, Socal-805 said:

Yes, his 45 % completion performance several weeks ago WAS noteworthy...

Amazing and hilarious all at the same time.

:lol:

Dude.  Give up...

He sucks.

No, he doesn't. He's lower mid-tier, somewhere between 16 and 20 depending on what you value. For the record, I hate "he sucks/he's great" binaries. I don't expect him to be the Bills QB next year, and the team has to do better at the position. But saying simply that "he sucks" just drags down the level of debate and analysis in a thread like this, which is ostensibly about his accuracy or lack thereof. We have three years of good evidence saying that he's average in the accuracy department.  Picking out one game and highlighting a 45 percent accurate rate -- against the NFL's #1 defense via DVOA on the road -- is the definition of cherry picking. 

Edited by dave mcbride

8 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

No, he doesn't. He's lower mid-tier, somewhere between 16 and 20 depending on what you value. For the record, I hate "he sucks/he's great" binaries. I don't expect him to be the Bills QB next year, and the team has to do better at the position. But saying simply that "he sucks" just drags down the level of debate and analysis in a thread like this, which is ostensibly about his accuracy or lack thereof. We have three years of good evidence saying that he's average in the accuracy department.  Picking out one game and highlighting a 45 percent accurate rate -- against the NFL's #1 defense via DVOA on the road -- is the definition of cherry picking. 

20-26

17 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Of course selecting certain areas to critique or boast on is cherry picking.   

Ying and yang.  Some boast only good others post only bad.  

One bad bad day can be excused.  

3 bad days with a QB rating under 45 should be highlighted.   

We can blame the lack of a good game plan on the OC but does a bad plan mean the QB rating will be sub 50?  

autocorrect edit 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

48 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

22-26

11 hours ago, TallskiWallski83 said:

I believe that was the plan when Roman brought him in, and it worked decently in 2015/2016 esp. when he had good WR targets including WR with the burner speed to sync up with his deep ball.  I'm not sure what more an OC could do. 

You can't have your QB be too much of a runner these days or a nasty thug defense (I say that in a respectful way) like Jax will do like they did in the playoffs and send your RB/QB home with concussion.

The other thing to remember is, a defense much like what Jax has totally failed to shut Brady** down and mail him home.  Until teams find a solution to do that reliably, you can get into the playoffs with the offense you describe but you're not going to have the potential to win a superbowl.  You need a guy who can get into a shootout, and win it, as Foles did, for that. 

You also won't contend for the Superbowl consistently because it's very difficult to keep a top, mind-numbing shut down D on the field year after year in this age of salary cap.  Much harder to pay (or find) 15 players than 5 or 6

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I agree with you as I definitely don’t think he sucks, but I would put him more in the 22 to 25 range.

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Of course selecting certain areas to critique or boast on is cherry picking.   

Ying and yang.  Some boast only good others post only bad.  

One bad bad day can be excused.  

3 bad days with a QB rating under 45 should be highlighted.   

We can blame the lack of a good game plan on the OC but does a bad plan mean the QB rating will be sub 50?  

autocorrect edit 

so we should care about the games with bad qb ratings is what you are saying correct? am I getting that right?

for some reason this doesn't jive with me when I've been told by you and others that we should pay no mind to all the games where he's had a good rating. I've been told numerous times that rating means nothing... apparently only the games with good ratings mean nothing? 

let me get this straight. you'll disregard any game he has a good rating but use the games with bad ratings as examples for your point? that's just really really flawed and 100% agenda driven. but at this point from what ive seen around here, I wouldn't expect anything less.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

so we should care about the games with bad qb ratings is what you are saying correct? am I getting that right?

for some reason this doesn't jive with me when I've been told by you and others that we should pay no mind to all the games where he's had a good rating..... 

let me get this straight. you'll disregard any game he has a good rating but use the games with bad ratings as examples for your point? that's just really really flawed. but at this point from what ive seen around here, I wouldn't expect anything less.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/passing/seasontype/2

Just now, Teddy KGB said:

oh look. the worst poster on the board dipped into the passing yard well one more time....... who could have predicted that!

too bad that has nothing to do with what I was asking shady about.... another awful moment in the teddy posting timeline.

at least you are reliable.

37 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

oh look. the worst poster on the board dipped into the passing yard well one more time....... who could have predicted that!

too bad that has nothing to do with what I was asking shady about.... another awful moment in the teddy posting timeline.

at least you are reliable.

K, a summary of the games combined in one simple place doesn’t help you ??‍♂️???. 

Morning sweetie.  

29 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

for some reason this doesn't jive with me when I've been told by you and others that we should pay no mind to all the games where he's had a good rating. I've been told numerous times that rating means nothing... apparently only the games with good ratings mean nothing? 

let me get this straight. you'll disregard any game he has a good rating but use the games with bad ratings as examples for your point? that's just really really flawed and 100% agenda driven. but at this point from what ive seen around here, I wouldn't expect anything less.

Not at all.   

We need to look at good and bad and see how it balances out.  

It is my opinion that the bad does override the good in key situations.  

If 15 of 20 and 3 points is a good rating and we lose we by 14 is that really good?

What of 28 of 35 and a 3 to 7 point loss? 

(What is it?) 3 or 4 games out of 16 where he passes for over 30 times in 3 seasons and the result is a loss.  

Is that good or bad?  Or do we blame the defense?  

Extending plays is a common attribute given TT but what exactly does that mean?  

Scrambling to avoid a sack and a throwaway or a short pass that fails to get a 1st down which may happen more often than a few deeper balls to keep a drive alive?

You’ve seen me compliment TT and commented that it confused you seeing me do so. 

Every time I jumped on the TT bandwagon things went south. 

I did want to see TT successeed and be the QB of the future but that time has passed.  

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Not at all.   

We need to look at good and bad and see how it balances out.  

It is my opinion that the bad does override the good in key situations.  

If 15 of 20 and 3 points is a good rating and we lose we by 14 is that really good?

What of 28 of 35 and a 3 to 7 point loss? 

(What is it?) 3 or 4 games out of 16 where he passes for over 30 times in 3 seasons and the result is a loss.  

Is that good or bad?  Or do we blame the defense?  

Extending plays is a common attribute given TT but what exactly does that mean?  

Scrambling to avoid a sack and a throwaway or a short pass that fails to get a 1st down which may happen more often than a few deeper balls to keep a drive alive?

You’ve seen me compliment TT and commented that it confused you seeing me do so. 

Every time I jumped on the TT bandwagon things went south. 

I did want to see TT successeed and be the QB of the future but that time has passed.  

we need to move on from tyrod..... but its odd that I see you'll use games with a bad rating as an example of that but go on to say that rating/efficiency doesn't mean much of anything when its used in an argument for the positives on taylor.

I mean.... come on man.....

and any minute now teddy is gonna respond to this post with a passing yd ranking..... just wait for it.

5 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

we need to move on from tyrod..... but its odd that I see you'll use games with a bad rating as an example of that but go on to say that rating/efficiency doesn't mean much of anything when its used in an argument for the positives on taylor.

I mean.... come on man.....

and any minute now teddy is gonna respond to this post with a passing yd ranking..... just wait for it.

Once I said I wanted to see TT pass for 300 ypg and it became the biggest meme here.  

It’s kind of funny but  just yesterday someone posted Jimmy G deserves his $27 mil because he averaged 300 ypg.   

If that person is a TT fan is that a double standard?  

500 passing yards can be had in a game with a loss and 150 passing yard can win games.  

Which stat is better? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Once I said I wanted to see TT pass for 300 ypg and it became the biggest meme here.  

It’s kind of funny but  just yesterday someone posted Jimmy G deserves his $27 mil because he averaged 300 ypg.   

500 passing yards can be had in a game with a loss and 150 passing yard can win games.  

Which stat is better? 

I’m going with 500 yards because it means you can comeback at any time, even when the rest of your team is crappy...sure, you want the win, but when you have that kind of production, you are always confident you can win...150 yards means you had to have everything else go just right for victory...and if it doesnt150 yards probably means your are not going to be able to comeback,  and it gives me zero confidence in winning any given game.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Which stat is better? 

All the stats need to be factored in. But it was just funny to me that rating means nothing when it’s good and Taylor is just padding stats and not taking risks but when his rating is bad we’ll go ahead and use it to prove a point. 

Believe it or not I actually agree Taylor’s rating has been padded a bit by his tentative play. Which is why I rarely use it in any Taylor argument. But I would like to see some consistency from people with strong opinions on the matter. If you discredit his good rated games naturally you shouldn’t put much stock in the bad ones either. Correct? 

There are are double standards around here on both sides. This just happened to be the one I saw this morning as I popped in the forum in my office. 

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

I’m going with 500 yards because it means you can comeback at any time, even when the rest of your team is crappy...sure, you want the win, but when you have that kind of production, you are always confident you can win...150 yards means you had to have everything else go just right for victory...and if it doesnt150 yards probably means your are not going to be able to comeback,  and it gives me zero confidence in winning any given game.

It’s never this black and white. But go ahead and take all context out and make a blanket statement like this. Makes sense 

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

All the stats need to be factored in. But it was just funny to me that rating means nothing when it’s good and Taylor is just padding stats and not taking risks but when his rating is bad we’ll go ahead and use it to prove a point. 

Believe it or not I actually agree Taylor’s rating has been padded a bit by his tentative play. Which is why I rarely use it in any Taylor argument. But I would like to see some consistency from people with strong opinions on the matter. If you discredit his good rated games naturally you shouldn’t put much stock in the bad ones either. Correct? 

There are are double standards around here on both sides. This just happened to be the one I saw this morning as I popped in the forum in my office. 

It’s never this black and white. But go ahead and take all context out and make a blanket statement like this. Makes sense 

Easy, bud...you asked a question and I was just responding...if you aren’t interested in what others have to say, maybe you shouldn’t ask.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

Easy, bud...you asked a question and I was just responding...if you aren’t interested in what others have to say, maybe you shouldn’t ask.

I didn’t ask that question. Shady did. And then I put in my 2 cents about what you said. If you are gonna lay down blanket statements I’m gonna point out they are missing context. 

passing yards don't matter. accurate passing doesn't matter. bad games don't matter. sustaining drives doesn't matter. reading a defense doesn't matter. scoring more than 3 points doesn't matter.

but hey, keeping those ints down and running around while trying to avoid sacks matter while gaining the occasional first down.

some want better, some, it doesn't matter.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

passing yards don't matter. accurate passing doesn't matter. bad games don't matter. sustaining drives doesn't matter. reading a defense doesn't matter. scoring more than 3 points doesn't matter.

but hey, keeping those ints down and running around while trying to avoid sacks matter while gaining the occasional first down matters.

some want better, some, it doesn't matter.

Right. That sums it up. Really that simple isn’t it? 

This is a joke of a post. 

Great job. Keep it up.