Nick Foles is going nowhere...

LabattBlue

On 2/7/2018 at 7:17 AM, Mrbojanglezs said:

Why would Foles or Foles agent want to stay there. His client just won a SB and he is only being paid 7 mill? Foles value is as high as it will ever get.... If I were his agent I would demand that he be traded and then extended with another team for more money.

I couldn't agree more. If Foles doesn't demand a trade after his SB MVP performance,  and agrees to just sit back on the bench, he might as well retire once and for all.

Way We Hear It: Philadelphia Eagles brass waiting on offer it can't refuse to trade Nick Foles | Pro Football Weekly
General manager Howie Roseman and head coach Doug Pederson would love to be able to keep both, but is that realistic?

On the face of it, Foles’ $7.6 million cap hit would appear impossible for the Eagles to absorb for a backup.

There is no debate that, if healthy, Wentz is still the future.

But when you consider $5.4 million of Foles’ deal is dead money, and the savings from moving him is just $2.2 million, the puzzle Eagles brass has to solve is trickier.

When queried at the Combine Wednesday about Foles’ future in Philadelphia, Roseman went out of his way to be as vague as possible.

“We’re trying to keep as many good players as possible,” Roseman said. “You’re talking about the Super Bowl MVP. He’s got great character, great leadership. That room is exactly what we’re looking for.

Barring a huge setback in Wentz's recovery, Foles will likely be dealt. It makes sense for the Eagles to hang onto him into the 2018 season as Wentz injury was late in 2017. Foles will surely be pressed into service to start camp and probably even into the regular season. After that, it looks like it could be a Garrapolo situation for Philly. Wentz is the QB, and the Eagles need to strike on a trade deal while Foles value is at its apex. 

On 2/20/2018 at 5:46 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

LMAO....Sudafed stepping in....Roseman is a bit smarter than that after being restored to their personnel guy after Chocolate Chip......with the undcertainty of Wentz' eventual return after BOTH ACL & LCL surgery, Foles is a pretty cheap insurance policy at $7+ mil IMO.....

52 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Barring a huge setback in Wentz's recovery, Foles will likely be dealt. It makes sense for the Eagles to hang onto him into the 2018 season as Wentz injury was late in 2017. Foles will surely be pressed into service to start camp and probably

On 2/20/2018 at 5:46 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

LMAO....Sudafed stepping in....Roseman is a bit smarter than that after being restored to their personnel guy after Chocolate Chip......with the undcertainty of Wentz' eventual return after BOTH ACL & LCL surgery, Foles is a pretty cheap insurance policy at $7+ mil IMO.....

even into the regular season. After that, it looks like it could be a Garrapolo situation for Philly. Wentz is the QB, and the Eagles need to strike on a trade deal while Foles value is at its apex. 

i'm not trying to reply to all these posts, i'm not sure how it happened, but philly needs draft capitol and giving the no. 21 for foles, i don't think is a bad deal for them. they can draft high and  sign a fa qb or parlay that into additional picks and take their chances. that would give us a sb winning qb that we wouldn't have to break the bank for as well as a guy whose a perfect fit for buffalo.

it also allows us to address other needs without giving too much up. this would be my first choice vs. spending two 1sts to trade up for any of the rookies. foles/nate/ late round qb or c. kelly from the broncos would be fine by me.

1 hour ago, billsredneck1 said:

i'm not trying to reply to all these posts, i'm not sure how it happened, but philly needs draft capitol and giving the no. 21 for foles, i don't think is a bad deal for them. they can draft high and  sign a fa qb or parlay that into additional picks and take their chances. that would give us a sb winning qb that we wouldn't have to break the bank for as well as a guy whose a perfect fit for buffalo.

it also allows us to address other needs without giving too much up. this would be my first choice vs. spending two 1sts to trade up for any of the rookies. foles/nate/ late round qb or c. kelly from the broncos would be fine by me.

Not a chance I would give up the #21 overall pick for Nick Foles. 

That would be a massive overpayment IMO. I don't see Foles as anything more than a bridge QB, and you don't give up a 1st round pick for that. 

1 good season back in 2013, and a SB MVP type game isn't worth a mid round 1st. You should be getting a long term starter with that pick, and hopefully a high end impact type player. You could be trading a potential franchise type player like Tre White with that #21 pick. 

I want an upgrade on tyrod badly, but if my choice is Foles or Tyrod plus #21, I'd rather have Tyrod + whatever player we get with pick #21. 

Id much rather trade up and give up both 1sts for a guy with a sky high ceiling like Rosen. We already know what Foles is, and he's not the type of QB that really elevates a franchise and the players around him. He's a bridge QB (at best IMO). I'm not even sure he's a full time starter TBH, unless it's in the right situation/scheme, with the right talent and playcalling. 

On 2/7/2018 at 8:16 AM, Da webster guy said:

Everything depends on the offer they get.   Would you take a 1st rounder for him?   

Philly may have won the superbowl but they sucked on defense.   Pats receivers were running wide open all day and they got shredded for 600+ yards.

They traded us a pick for Darby so they're down a pick already, Peters may never make it back to his original form, and they obviously need Dback help.  Before you say they won't trade him you need to know what they're being offered.   Only an idiot GM would say "hey sorry but we just aren't taking offers at this time..."

Personally I think Jax would offer their first rounder for the guy.   He could complete that team nicely.

Jax just gave Bortles a big extension. Why would they trade for Foles?

• 4 weeks later...
Published: March 24, 2018 at 02:49 PM
The Philadelphia Eagles wanted a lot if they were going to trade Nick Foles, but coach Doug Pederson admitted Saturday "there wasn't anything coming down our way" for Foles in the trade market

The Philadelphia Eagles wanted a treasure chest if they were going to be tempted to trade away backup quarterback Nick Foles this offseason. Turns out, they didn't get an offer that even piqued their interest, let alone the first-round pick "at the very least" that they were seeking.

In speaking with NFL Network's Steve Wyche at the NFL Annual Meeting in Orlando on Saturday, Eagles coach Doug Pederson admitted nothing came his way with regard to a deal for the Super BowlLII MVP.

On 2/7/2018 at 9:08 AM, LabattBlue said:

Why would the Eagles even entertain trading him?

1 - He just proved in the playoffs how valuable an above average backup is.

2 - He is on a team friendly deal for next year.

3 - Most important...will Wentz be ready for the 2018 season, and even if he does start in the opener,  how long before he is 100%, or what if he has a setback?

So it’s better to Lose in free agency next year is that it ?

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:23 AM, Mr. WEO said:

Isn't it more likely that another team will, make them a good offer foe Foles?

If the Eagles are confident that Wentz is the healthy franchise QB for the future, why wouldn't they want to get something for Foles now instead of letting him walk next year?

They would want to keep him for insurance if Wentz got hurt during the season. The Eagles will again be a SB contending team. Why give up a good backup who can keep the team from falling off the cliff if the starter goes down? His contract is reasonable and he is a known quantity. If the Eagles were not a serious contender I could see dealing him now or in the not too distant future. He certainly demonstrated his value last year when the qb went down. So why deal him and create an unnecessary risk? 

9 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Interseted to see if Buffalo misses out on the top 4 guys if they flop 22 for Foles.  Get the best linebaker at 12.   Idk if id love it or hate it but could be an option.

If we miss on the top 3 or 4, I'm all for it. Best fall back imo, especially with the LB. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Interseted to see if Buffalo misses out on the top 4 guys if they flop 22 for Foles.  Get the best linebaker at 12.   Idk if id love it or hate it but could be an option.

Bad idea. He's not worth it and he represents cheap insurance for Wentz not being ready for the start of the new season.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Bad idea. He's not worth it and he represents cheap insurance for Wentz not being ready for the start of the new season.

I tend to agree with you but looking at Mccarron Peterman and Rudolph makes me vomit.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, JohnC said:

They would want to keep him for insurance if Wentz got hurt during the season. The Eagles will again be a SB contending team. Why give up a good backup who can keep the team from falling off the cliff if the starter goes down? His contract is reasonable and he is a known quantity. If the Eagles were not a serious contender I could see dealing him now or in the not too distant future. He certainly demonstrated his value last year when the qb went down. So why deal him and create an unnecessary risk? 

exactamundo JohnC. Nick is a great bird in Hand. and fairly decent fellow as well.  wish him well and hope his agent is rather keen. Kid deserves his reward for what he pulled off

18 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I'd at least make the offer. Probably beats anything else they could do at that point. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I think we can live with McCarron instead.

what? you tink he might carry da Bills for a Season or so?

Heavy run game coming. that fine by me

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Same here.  Not a very promising QB room. 

work on your negative vibes 26

Coaching wins games.

well i hope so anyways

13 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The former could be true, but the latter is unrelated to my point in the hypothetical where they'd part with him for our 22nd.

Edited by NickelCity

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's a realistic POV from their perspective that impacts any potential deal. 

Sure, but I'm pointing out that we were talking about an implied hypothetical where they would flip him for our 22nd. If we're talking about his trade value outside of that scenario, it does play a role, as you mentioned. My guess is that they would probably do it for our 22nd...that's a heck of a return. I'm not sure he's worth it but I could get behind it.

1 minute ago, NickelCity said:

Sure, but I'm pointing out that we were talking about an implied hypothetical where they would flip him for our 22nd. If we're talking about his trade value outside of that scenario, it does play a role, as you mentioned. My guess is that they would probably do it for our 22nd...that's a heck of a return. I'm not sure he's worth it but I could get behind it.

omg no way I'd do that.

3 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

omg no way I'd do that.

To be clear, I'm talking about a situation in which we're shut out of blue chip QBs. A dynamite ILB and Foles for our 22nd would be mighty intriguing. Myhead says he's not worth it and my heart says he has a real chance (he was at his worst with Fisher, remember). I'm just a guy with a TV, though. 

Edited by NickelCity

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

what? you tink he might carry da Bills for a Season or so?

Heavy run game coming. that fine by me

Its Possible. After Foles' first season he was a nobody until filling in for Wentz .  I think Foles (Goff) shows that you really need the right Offensive Coordinator and I believe with Dabol we finally have a guy who could take a guy like McCarron and make him like a Matt Ryan. However McCarron could flop because he just isn't good enough that no one can transform him and should be a career backup.I

I think we should trade up but if we don't then stand pat with McCarron and see how it goes .

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NickelCity said:

To be clear, I'm talking about a situation in which we're shut out of blue chip QBs. A dynamite ILB and Foles for our 22nd would be mighty intriguing. Myhead says he's not worth it and my heart says he has a real chance (he was at his worst with Fisher, remember). I'm just a guy with a TV, though. 

Rather go that route than draft Mason !@#$in Rudolph at 12.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

I like that idea (cause I want my stud MLB).. but man the Eagles get a steal with that haha

• Like (+1) 1