Nick Foles is going nowhere...

LabattBlue

Why would the Eagles even entertain trading him?

1 - He just proved in the playoffs how valuable an above average backup is.

2 - He is on a team friendly deal for next year.

3 - Most important...will Wentz be ready for the 2018 season, and even if he does start in the opener,  how long before he is 100%, or what if he has a setback?

Why would Foles or Foles agent want to stay there. His client just won a SB and he is only being paid 7 mill? Foles value is as high as it will ever get.... If I were his agent I would demand that he be traded and then extended with another team for more money.

1 minute ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Why would Foles or Foles agent want to stay there. His client just won a SB and he is only being paid 7 mill? Foles value is as high as it will ever get.... If I were his agent I would demand that he be traded and then extended with another team for more money.

It's not like he is under contract for 5 more years.  He has 1 year, and then he and his agent can go test the waters.  If he goes to Philly with trade demands this offseason, I tell him to go pound salt.

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

It's not like he is under contract for 5 more years.  He has 1 year, and then he and his agent can go test the waters.  If he goes to Philly with trade demands this offseason, I tell him to go pound salt.

Isn't it more likely that another team will, make them a good offer foe Foles?

If the Eagles are confident that Wentz is the healthy franchise QB for the future, why wouldn't they want to get something for Foles now instead of letting him walk next year?

3 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

One year is a long time in the NFL. The best thing for both parties is to make a deal. The eagles will make out because his value is through the roof right now. Foles will make out because he’s about to get a long term contract 

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If the Eagles are confident that Wentz is the healthy franchise QB for the future, why wouldn't they want to get something for Foles now instead of letting him walk next year?

Wentz isn't even two months into his recovery.  You want to send Foles packing in the next month or two, only too find out that Wentz has a setback around training camp time? 

The only way he is not on the roster to start the season is if a team makes a big offer.  Foles is not the future in Philly that is Wentz.  After this coming year when Wentz returns Foles leaves for an opportunity to start elsewhere.  With that all being true right now Foles will never be hotter.  A Qb desperate team that doesn't land Cousins or a starting Qb in FA may rather go with Foles over a rookie.  If Philly is offered 1 and 3 like they were for Bradford would they take it?  Yes they would.  Will a team make that kind of offer?  I dont know but I could see it happening.  

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

3 minutes ago, clearwater cadet said:

Philly would be smart to hold out until a contender has a training camp injury.  At would allow then make sure Wentz is ok, and a team would be willing to give up multiple picks.

These two posts together represent the most likely scenario to me. No chance philly pays him 7mil again to ride the pine when he can probably fetch a high pick. It's not so much the money as the fact they get nothing for him at the end of the year, but he has bigtime value from now until the season starts.

They would be stupid to do it before they know Wentz is ok though.

I would have to agree with people that say selling now would obtain the most value. Not that I disagree that keeping him on the team is a bad idea. I would think in a QB starved league that teams would attempt to aquire him. 

The real question is what is the Eagles selling price. Everything is for sale at the right price. A few bad games and the interest could die fast. 

Edited by Lfod

Foles is worth more to the Eagles in 2018 as an insurance policy than what they are going to get in a trade.

Other than his one miracle year under Chip Kelly(27 TD's and 2 INT's), and a couple of really good playoff games this year, he has put up 34 TD's and 27 INT's(career numbers minus the year previously mentioned).  So how much is a team going to give up(in a trade and then a new contract) for this soon to be 30 year old?

5 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Because they can sell now and get the highest possible return for him via a trade or they can hold on to him for one year and, most likely, be left with nothing to show for it after the 2018 season. 

Aside from a possible second super bowl.

It’s highly likely Foles will get traded. He has one year left on his contact. Then he becomes a free agent. If the Eagle put franchise tag on him they will have to pay him like 22 million to keep him for one year. So if there smart they will try and get a 1st round pick for him and get a different QB to back up Carson Wense. So they really have to do something. It sort of like the same problem the patriots had. They could not keep Jimmy G because they would have had to franchise him. So they had to make a trade to get something for him. In my opinion the Bills should trade one of the 1st round picks and go get this guy and give him a long term contract. He is around 28 years old. The QB situation is now solved and they did it by giving up only one draft pick. What’s not to like about that. 

Poor Eagles, having two solid QBs on the roster at the same time.

haven't seen two in total in Buffalo since Kelly hang them up.

Maybe it's a coach taking what he ACTUALLY HAS in talent and running with it instead of saying "to heck with it" because his little system isn't going to be run with the talent on hand...

9 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Foles is worth more to the Eagles in 2018 as an insurance policy than what they are going to get in a trade.

Other than his one miracle year under Chip Kelly(27 TD's and 2 INT's), and a couple of really good playoff games this year, he has put up 34 TD's and 27 INT's(career numbers minus the year previously mentioned).  So how much is a team going to give up(in a trade and then a new contract) for this soon to be 30 year old?

This is actually more of an argument to make when you want to convince yourself to sell now. Get what you can now because some how your backup won the SB. Eagles can make a lil coin from some one they thought of as a back up.

If dude didn't win the SB I don't think this discussion is a hot topic. 

Edited by Lfod

1 minute ago, Shotgunner said:

These two posts together represent the most likely scenario to me. No chance philly pays him 7mil again to ride the pine when he can probably fetch a high pick. It's not so much the money as the fact they get nothing for him at the end of the year, but he has bigtime value from now until the season starts.

They would be stupid to do it before they know Wentz is ok though.

My question, as the Eagles if you are willing to trade Foles in the summer when a contender loses there Qb,  wouldnt it be better to have a desperate team like Cleveland offer number 4 for Foles?  That pick is much higher than a contender would be.  Foles will warrant a big consideration from any team starve of a Qb.  He had a great regular season 4 years ago and now had a fantastic playoffs and out dueled Brady for a Superbowl ring.  So in the right situation he showed that he can be productive.  Mcdermott a Ried guy may very well be interested in Foles.  Would you trade 22 for Foles?  Idk but Buffalo is going to consider it and Philly would be dumb not to listen.