Super Bowl LII GDT: Eagles vs. Patriots - Nick Foles MVP

Just now, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Brady is the GOAT at QB, not WR. He can be downright unstoppable as a passer. I’ll take my chances on him passing on third and long over seeing if he can catch the football. 

He catches a fairly hard snap from center that often is awry, and he makes those catches look effortless. Most QBs have great hands.

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Maybe I'm crazy but when a play is executed well, the ball is right to Brady who doesn't have a guy within 15 yards of him, it's a great call. He makes a harder catch on the shotgun snap 30 times a game for 15 years.

Catching the ball in the open field is much different than a shotgun snap. Brady was probably afraid of taking a hit. 

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

Stupid to go for two there. Amd yes it was stupid before the miss. Way too early to give up the point, especially in this game when the 14 point game you were going for with the attempt is going to change about eight times.

I agree, said it before the play. Stupid to chase that point and give up another at this point in the game. Hopefully it won t matter.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Brady is the GOAT at QB, not WR. He can be downright unstoppable as a passer. I’ll take my chances on him passing on third and long over seeing if he can catch the football. 

I bet Jimmy Garoppolo could have caught that. 

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Stupid to go for two there. Amd yes it was stupid before the miss. Way too early to give up the point, especially in this game when the 14 point game you were going for with the attempt is going to change about eight times.

I disagree. You ALWAYS look at how many points you are up (or down) by, and make your decision. It was the right call to try and go up by 14.

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He catches a fairly hard snap from center that often is awry, and he makes those catches look effortless. Most QBs have great hands.

I just have no use for cute trickery when you have the greatest QB of all time. Let him sit in the pocket and do what he does best. It’s early in the game. It’s not as if the Eagles had shown they can shutdown the Pats offense. I’d have a different view if the Pats were down big, and the offense was being shut down. 

2 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

I disagree. You ALWAYS look at how many points you are up (or down) by, and make your decision. It was the right call to try and go up by 14.

would you rather be up by 9 or 10 right now?