Available FA's who might be a fit with the BIlls

BmarvB

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

Well, in fairness, Bradford is much better than Kolb, so that may merit the risk.  And I feel that our 1st round pick will be better than EJ Manuel.  

At the time without the benefit of hindsight, felt EJ would be better than JP too. A QB drafted in round 1 being better than EJ is far from a lock.

On 1/16/2018 at 7:06 AM, MrEpsYtown said:

He's also one of the reasons Bortles ran all over the place. Those long scrambles don't happen unless your linebackers are SLOOOOW. Maybe the QB scrambles for 10 yards here and there, but not 38 yarders. He's a two down backer and he could be a SAM, but he isn't a MIKE in this defense. I think he could come back and take over the spot the Lorax occupied as a part time, 2 down linebacker. 

Good call.  I’ve been a vocal Preston Brown hater but he played pretty good after that 3 game skid starting in Kansas City.  Definitely don’t want him out there on 3rd down or playing MLB.  I’d actually consider him at SLB at the moment, after being convinced I never wanted to see him in a Bills uniform when the season started 

there seems to be only few solid MLBs available to us this offseason.  If we can’t secure one that we see fit would we consider Navarro Bowman?  Could he play 4-3 MLB?  I know he’s mostly played 3-4 in his career.  Maybe a one year stop gap.  He probably wouldn’t want to come here anyway.

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/15/2018 at 10:42 AM, the skycap said:

Bradford would be a great bridge QB. Bradford wouldn't be required to do the things he had to do in Minnesota because we have Shady. The playaction game would be AWESOME because we'd have a QB who could make throws with accuracy and utilize the middle of the field better than Tyrod. Bradford wouldn't cause the Bills to "break the bank" acquiring him and still allow them to win while the drafted QB learns. 

Say no to Bradford unless you want to be paying him to sit in the training room like every other franchise has done with him!

On 1/15/2018 at 8:44 AM, BmarvB said:

Keenum would be a good fit. Alex Smith is limited, but all he does is win games. Bradford can't stay healthy, and who knows about Bridgewater's health?

Bridgewater and especially Bradford are out due to heavy injury risk. Cousins will want 35+ which is ridiculous. That leaves Alex Smith and his 96.3 rating since 2012. Minnesota will resign Keenum. May be McCarron if available? So it basically boils down to Alex or AJ.

On 2018-01-15 at 4:37 PM, Fixxxer said:

Trade a 4th for Foles

then, I would try to re-sign

Preston Brown

EJ Gaines

Re-sign in the cheap

Kyle Williams

D. Thompson

L. Johnson

S. Henderson

J. Webb

then go after

DT Star Lotulelei

RT Cameron Fleming

DE Aron Lynch

I would have no issues with this

9 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

I really dont care as much about the names as I do scheme fits....McD is doing a very good job with this.

I def want Gaines back......Cadet should be a cheap sign and he fits the offense.....Robinson is someone I would look hard at at WR

I am thinking there is a real chance that we give up a lot of draft capital this year to get that QB......so they need to be smart on the free agents and cannot have misses or guys that were names but unmotivated.

I like these thoughts.  Not sure on Robinson, but, not against it.

On 1/17/2018 at 6:41 PM, MrEpsYtown said:

McKinnon is a nice change of pace back. I think he may follow Shurmur. I think Burton is going to go someplace where he can be the immediate starter. I don't think we cut Charles Clay just yet. I think he will be better in Daboll's offense where he played earlier in his career. Gabriel is a nice receiver but he is tiny. He's a 3/4 at best in my opinion. I do like his speed though. 

Burton i believe can start for us and also be used extensively.  Clay can't be counted on anymore . I realize we don't save any money by cutting him and he carries a dead cap hit but that doesn't seem to bother McBeane much. I would love to sign ASJ also . That would give us a big traditional TE and a Move Guy. 

McKinnon would be a excellent fit in Daboll system also. The Bills need mutiple 3 down bks and also need to draft McCoy replacement this yr. I would love to draft Sony Michel he reminds me of Alvin Kamara. Very explosive and can catch. Just look at the teams in the playoffs most of them feature 3bks or more. 

Taylor Gabriel well your right he is #3 or #4 Wr but a necessary player that gives us speed to burn. We still going to need a eventual #1 guy i just don't see us drafting a Wr high this yr.  I can see us going value in free agency at this position. Going after guys like Donte Moncrief or Michael Flyod.  We can possibly heading for Wr by committee approach for now. Also watch out for Reilly being a great fit in Daboll offense. 

At the end of the day these moves won't cost much towards the cap and gives us flexibility in the draft to build our Defense.  The next question is what to do at QB. I say a trade for Alex Smith is going to happen weve already made multiple trades with Kc now its time for give back from them.  Smith is a great fit for the "process" .  Mcd is a Defensive guy those coaches seem to love gm manager types. 

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/15/2018 at 10:34 AM, BmarvB said:

Here's the list. Take your pick

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2018/01/nfl_free_agents_2018_50_players_who_are_potential_fits_with_buffalo_bills.html#incart_river_index

Personally, I think Kyle and EJ Gaines will be back. A Bradham reunion would be an option. NO way are we investing in Cousins for what he'd be asking.

And yet, the Bills downfall has traditionally been to go for the Kmart "Blue Light Special" at QB instead of the best that money can buy.

Look at what N'Orleans got when they brought in Brees.

12 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

He’d get murdered behind our OL

True, but even if we upgrade our line, he could get murdered by an enthusiastic post-touchdown hug

43 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

And yet, the Bills downfall has traditionally been to go for the Kmart "Blue Light Special" at QB instead of the best that money can buy.

Look at what N'Orleans got when they brought in Brees.

True, but even if we upgrade our line, he could get murdered by an enthusiastic post-touchdown hug

I don't think they go for the K-mart QB.  I think no big name QB wants to come here.  Bledsoe was a trade.  I can't name any big name FA that signed here that wasn't rehabbing their career outside of Mario.  I don't think Cousins is coming here.  It's draft and get lucky or try to find a hidden gem.  There's a reason Taylor is the best QB we've had here in a decade.  Even then we let every single WR walk and didn't try anything to fix the situation till mid season.  This isn't Madden.  This is Buffalo and the easy answer is not as easy as everyone seems to think.

I’d take Jeremy Hill who fell out of favor for multipler reasons in Cinci 

Also would like McKinnon. 

Not as concerned about the rest. 

Other than DT I’m not sure they’d try to sign starters for any position, just depth and hopeful surprise kinda guys.

Guess we will find out 

On 1/16/2018 at 11:00 AM, MrEpsYtown said:

This is a great point. It really was a gaping hole after they traded Marcell. Preston Brown does suck though. 

Yeah Im not quite sure why the answer cannot be both

THis I do know....I would trade Adolphus Washington for a bag of footballs at this point......this was a bad pick

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Yeah Im not quite sure why the answer cannot be both

THis I do know....I would trade Adolphus Washington for a bag of footballs at this point......this was a bad pick

Agreed not a fan of Adolphus at all. I just don't see it with him. It always looks like he is in slow motion.  We need a 1 tech, a 3 tech and a MIKE. Those are pretty criticall spots in the middle of a front seven. 

I still like Kyle as a 3 tech, but I think he should be more of a part time player at this point. 

2 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Re: HB, I think the way to go is the mid-rounds of the draft instead of FA. This is a deep HB draft, even with Love returning to Stanford. Solid HBs may be found in round 4 and later. 

I think the 3rd or 4th round would be a good point for a RB. I think you could poach a practice squad or backup player for some depth but no need to go crazy at RB when you might be able to get another year out of Shady and you have a couple of picks that are good spots to take a RB at. 

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:27 AM, Fixxxer said:

The main reason the Saints ran all over us was the absence of Dareus. When the guys up front are manhandled at the LOS no LB will look good.  Both the Jets and the Saints ran all over us until we somewhat adjusted, which was remarkable, I must say. 

Lets see how long Darius lasts.. he is on strike 2. Gets injured more the a slew of loggers on a bad day.. I thought Kyle and Washington did a fine job. our ILB sucked and when your ILB sucks it drags the rest down with them

• 1 month later...
On 1/16/2018 at 9:23 AM, MrEpsYtown said:

If I am the Bills this is my plan for defense going into the off season. We need some starters but also need cheap depth. Obviously we won’t sign a million guys, but these are some of my thoughts.  

CB - EJ Gaines - I think Gaines comes back. He's had an inconsistent career so far and while he is good, he is not a great fit for every defense. He had a great year for McDermott and I think it makes the most sense for him to stay put. Kyle Fuller is a great fit and a guy I really like if things don’t work with Gaines. A guy like Ross Cockrell who was drafted to be a zone corner could help as a nickel.

S - I'm grabbing Cody Davis of the Rams. He's a bigger safety who can play down in the box and is an ace special teamer. We need depth here. I'd re-sign Shamarko Thomas as well.

LB - This is a tough spot to fill but there are a few option out there. First,  I try to grab Tahir Whitehead to play middle backer. He’s played both inside and outside and seems to be a good fit for this defense. If not him, maybe Christian Jones or Mason Foster.  I think Jones has some untapped potential and was miscast in the Bears 3-4.  Also, I’d keep an eye on New England to see if they make a cap casualty out of Shea McClellin. He’s coming off of IR and the Pats have had some youngers guys step up and play well in his absence. McClellin has McDermott guy written all over him. He’s smart, versatile, and a tough player who is still young. You could plug him right in the middle. For depth and special teams I sign a guy like Jordan Tripp who can play all three linebacker positions.  

DE - I’m keeping an eye on LA to see if Robert Quinn shakes loose as a cap casualty. They are going to try to re-sign Joyner, Johnson, and Watkins and some people believe that either Mark Barron or Quinn will shake loose. DeMarcus Lawrence is the crown jewel in FA but will be too expensive. I like Aaron Lynch, but he reported overweight last year. Doesn’t seem to be a McDermott type. Kony Ealy makes sense, though we did not put in a claim on him when he was on waivers. Trent Murphy, who is coming of an injury from the Redskins is very tough and has some pass rush ability. He's played a lot of OLB but is more of a defensive end in my opinion. Cassius Marsh could be a depth guy to help with pass rush.

DT - I think the first call in free agency has to be Star Lotulelei no? We badly need a 1 technique. Bennie Logan is very good as well. If the Rams keep Quinn and Barron, Michael Brockers could be the odd man out and I would be all over him. Jay Bromley could be a good fit as well.

I kind of got a couple by suggesting like a thousand moves! 

Cant believe I didn't get Julian Stanford! 

• Like (+1) 1