Available FA's who might be a fit with the BIlls

BmarvB

Great article.  Thanks for posting.  Here is who I want: 

Gaines, K. Williams, Bradham (a LB who can cover.  That gives us two with Milano).  If we don't get Bradham, Toomer from LA Chargers.   P. Brown if he is not getting overpaid on the market.  A tackling maching between Bradham and Milano is good, and I think we have a rookie as well in there.  

Would also like Cadet for RB depth, and one of the available pass rushers (Lynch, 49ers?).  And a QB not named Cousins.  I like him, but way too expensive compared to a guy like Keenum, or Bradford, or Bridgewater, who, if healthy, could be the answer at QB.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

Great article.  Thanks for posting.  Here is who I want: 

Gaines, K. Williams, Bradham (a LB who can cover.  That gives us two with Milano).  If we don't get Bradham, Toomer from LA Chargers.   P. Brown if he is not getting overpaid on the market.  A tackling maching between Bradham and Milano is good, and I think we have a rookie as well in there.  

Would also like Cadet for RB depth, and one of the available pass rushers (Lynch, 49ers?).  And a QB not named Cousins.  I like him, but way too expensive compared to a guy like Keenum, or Bradford, or Bridgewater, who, if healthy, could be the answer at QB.  

Keenum would be a good fit. Alex Smith is limited, but all he does is win games. Bradford can't stay healthy, and who knows about Bridgewater's health?

49 minutes ago, BmarvB said:

Keenum would be a good fit. Alex Smith is limited, but all he does is win games. Bradford can't stay healthy, and who knows about Bridgewater's health?

Bradford would be a great bridge QB. Bradford wouldn't be required to do the things he had to do in Minnesota because we have Shady. The playaction game would be AWESOME because we'd have a QB who could make throws with accuracy and utilize the middle of the field better than Tyrod. Bradford wouldn't cause the Bills to "break the bank" acquiring him and still allow them to win while the drafted QB learns. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Bradford would be a great bridge QB. Bradford wouldn't be required to do the things he had to do in Minnesota because we have Shady. The playaction game would be AWESOME because we'd have a QB who could make throws with accuracy and utilize the middle of the field better than Tyrod. Bradford wouldn't cause the Bills to "break the bank" acquiring him and still allow them to win while the drafted QB learns. 

He actually got off to a good start with the Vikes before he got hurt again. We'd really have to work to keep him upright so he'll last long enough to do all those things

32 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Also with Bradford and a rookie, you can't lose.  The rookie either learns from a great QB, or the rookie learns for a few games then has to go in if Bradford is injured.  No QB controversy with Bradford on a 1-2 year deal.  

38 minutes ago, the skycap said:

He’s broken every year.  Not sure why it would be any different next season if he was on the Bills.  He’s made of glass.  Please no.

22 minutes ago, BmarvB said:

He actually got off to a good start with the Vikes before he got hurt again. We'd really have to work to keep him upright so he'll last long enough to do all those things

9 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Also with Bradford and a rookie, you can't lose.  The rookie either learns from a great QB, or the rookie learns for a few games then has to go in if Bradford is injured.  No QB controversy with Bradford on a 1-2 year deal.  

Exactly!! Depending on who the Bills draft Bradford could only play a few games before the rookie takes the helm a la Deshaun Watson.

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

i forget who i was listening to on the radio discussing the vikes qb situation, but it sounds as though they would be more inclined to keep bridgewater and possibly keenum as well. bridgewater due to youth, mobility and possibly franchise and keenum until he's fully ready to take over if they don't lose him. i think bradford is the odd man out. he should be affordable.

him, nate and a rookie is appealing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsredneck1 said:

i forget who i was listening to on the radio discussing the vikes qb situation, but it sounds as though they would be more inclined to keep bridgewater and possibly keenum as well. bridgewater due to youth, mobility and possibly franchise and keenum until he's fully ready to take over if they don't lose him. i think bradford is the odd man out. he should be affordable.

him, nate and a rookie is appealing.

Unless the vikings over pay Bridgewater and Keenum one or both would test FA....They are going to have to lock one of them early and then transistion tag the other. Thats gonna be tough to do.

Trade a 4th for Foles

then, I would try to re-sign

Preston Brown

EJ Gaines

Re-sign in the cheap

Kyle Williams

D. Thompson

L. Johnson

S. Henderson

J. Webb

then go after

DT Star Lotulelei

RT Cameron Fleming

DE Aron Lynch

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Fixxxer said:

Trade a 4th for Foles

then, I would try to re-sign

Preston Brown

EJ Gaines

Re-sign in the cheap

Kyle Williams

D. Thompson

L. Johnson

S. Henderson

J. Webb

then go after

DT Star Lotulelei

RT Cameron Fleming

DE Aron Lynch

You lost me at Preston Brown. I think we need a true run stopping force in the middle and PB is not it.

7 hours ago, Lurker said:

....Star is a good shot.......Bradford aint' happening........needs two knee replacements that come with the typical Chinese 60 day warranty......Bradham has had some scrapes with the law and may not fit McD's "altar boyz only" mantra.............

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

You lost me at Preston Brown. I think we need a true run stopping force in the middle and PB is not it.

I like Preston Brown, he's not the most athletic guy but he has started almost every game as a pro (62/64), since his rookie years he has been calling the defensive plays, he's a good form tackler, he's around the ball, and a good presence in the locker room, plus he's just 25 years old. I think he would be good for another contract, of maybe four years.

Would I prefer someone like Lucke Kuechly? sure, but we won't find him in FA. We should try to find that one via draft.