Bradford will be the Available Viking QB

Just now, Doc Brown said:

You always run the risk that this was more of a one year wonder (like Foles in 2013 or Anderson in in 2007) so a short term deal or the franchise tag makes sense.

I agree but either way you don’t let the guy walk unless you are sure you have some other top guy lined up. 

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

You always run the risk that this was more of a one year wonder (like Foles in 2013 or Anderson in in 2007) so a short term deal or the franchise tag makes sense.

I really wanted us to sign Foles and let Tyrod go in the last offseason. I still think he's a legitimate Alex Smith-type starter. 

35 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

After today, the Vikings will not let Keenum go. They will keep Teddy as a backup. He gets time to heal up and prove he can be a future guy. Bradford gets a new team.

He's a bit fragile for the Bills to put money into, but I wonder what Daboll thinks about him. I'd take a flyer if the price is right and draft Mayfield. 

The other option would be to trade for Smith, but I would not give up anything more than a 3rd and still draft Mayfield provided he falls to 21. 

Bradford was the backup today and Bridgewater was inactive.

That team is funny.  It has a tendency to make mediocre QBs look very good.  Bradford had a pretty crappy career and looked good there.  Fools gold Keenum had a crappy career and is one game away from a Superbowl.  Everyone says ooooooo ahhhhhhhh QB.  In reality they were pretty bad before they got there.  We kill coaches and QBs they resurrect others.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Bradford threw for 3,877 yards with 20 td's and 5 int's for a 99.3 rating in 15 games last year.  I wouldn't call him a goodwill store quarterback.

He basically has a plastic knee at this point. To invest that much in an injury prone qb sounds pretty billsy. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

If you think about the surprise QBs who step in and then take a team to the conference championship or even the Super Bowl, you'll notice that almost every time that QB is brought back the following season:

-Doug Williams/Redskins. Jay Schroeder led them to the playoffs. Williams took over and went 0-2, but they caught fire in the playoffs and won the Super Bowl with Williams. He came back (and didn't last long); they let Schroeder move on

-Jeff Hostetler. Beat some team (I forget which one) to win the SB after taking over for Phil Simms (who accumulated all the victories that got them to the playoffs). Next season: Hostetler began as starting QB even though Simms was clearly the better QB.

-Brad Johnson. Won a SB, stayed on even though everyone knew it was kind of a fluke.

-Tom Brady. There was no "but Drew Bledsoe is the guy who really got us there" talk ...

Trent Dilfer is the only exception that comes to mind, and if I remember correctly that was because Seattle signed him as a free agent.

Finish strong as a QB and the job is yours, until you prove that it was, indeed, a fluke.

The only exception I can think of besides Dilfer was Neil O'Donnell, of course he had 2 awful, back-breaking INTs in the SB.

I don't want Bradford with his probably of being injured.  if the idea is to bring in a vet to start a year or two while our newly drafted rookie learns behind him, this will backfire with Bradford since he most likely won't be available for several games.  The rookie QB will end up starting, anyway.

1 hour ago, BillsRdue said:

After today, the Vikings will not let Keenum go. They will keep Teddy as a backup. He gets time to heal up and prove he can be a future guy. Bradford gets a new team.

He's a bit fragile for the Bills to put money into, but I wonder what Daboll thinks about him. I'd take a flyer if the price is right and draft Mayfield. 

The other option would be to trade for Smith, but I would not give up anything more than a 3rd and still draft Mayfield provided he falls to 21. 

I’m against Drafting Mayfield at all....unless it’s 6th round or later. No thanks...

To clarify, he may turn into a great Pro, but since early round picks are mostly about mitigating risk and gaining reward, he’s not worth it based on typical NFL QB attributes and some maturity issues you don’t want from a QB.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Two are walking. 

They are only keeping 1

Agreed. None of the three are going to re-sign to be a backup. Keenum comes back and Bradford or Bridgewater follow Shurmur. I've been thinking Bradford to Washington as he's a good fit for what Jay Gruden does and Bridgewater to Arizona with Shurmur. 

1 hour ago, BillsRdue said:

Maybe he doesn't want to be a backup ?

0:)