GDT: Titans vs. Patriots at 8:15 PM on CBS

Just reading through these posts now as it nauseates me just the sight of watching the Patriots in the playoffs now.  Was never so disgusted watching NFL games after our last meeting with them.   

Still though was slightly curious how the game was going.  What a shocker, the refs are helping them. 

7 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

It will end post Brady. It's " inherent bias". The officials believe that the Pats do no wrong because of Brady winning all the time. When the team no longer has TB, and wins about an average number of games, the bias will dissapear. 

who cares. he's flaunting it now.

2 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

The Pats should have snuck Gronk into the end zone before the kick and had him alley oop it through!! The refs would be too distracted like WWE refs to notice!!

And then Gronk would run over and land a flying elbow to the back of Mariota's head.   Oh - who am I kidding - that would be too ridiculous and could never happen...

Just now, stevewin said:

And then Gronk would run over and land a flying elbow to the back of Mariota's head.   Oh - who am I kidding - that would be too ridiculous and could never happen...

Gronk's elbow to the head should have been a four game suspension (pry reduced to 2 or 3 after appeal).  He could have ended White's career.

I mean...call me nuts but maybe it's not a good idea to let an owner of an active NFL franchise have a bigger role than the other 31 owners. Or things could get...sideways.

I love this sport, I don't like feeling like a fool for watching this. There is no doubt this has now gotten foolish.

Just now, Doc Brown said:

Gronk's elbow to the head should have been a four game suspension (pry reduced to 2 or 3 after appeal).  He could have ended White's career.

I don't think the NFL really cared about that.  They wanted Gronk playing vs Pittsburgh; they cared about that for ratings

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I might watch 2 min of this game and turn it off, I just got home from work and I don't want to get sick.

We are all way ahead of you in that regard.  

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

I don't think the NFL really cared about that.  They wanted Gronk playing vs Pittsburgh; they cared about that for ratings

Goodell was the worst thing to ever happen to the NFL.  TNF, allowing players to kneel for anthem, games in London, two teams in LA, inconsistent punishment, etc...

Does everyone here know that Ron Torbert the head referee in this game is the president of the company that built Gillette Stadium? That's right, the head ref is the president of the company that Robert Kraft paid money to to build his stadium. Correct me if I'm wrong but that is a clear conflict of interest

3 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Boomer: “all the calls go the way of the New England Patriots.”

.... and they have been for over a decade. This is getting unwatchable. If the NFL is going to blatantly favor a specific team for revenue and ratings,  at least have the stones to disguise it.  Fans aren't stupid. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

Does everyone here know that Ron Torbert the head referee in this game is the president of the company that built Gillette Stadium? That's right, the head ref is the president of the company that Robert Kraft paid money to to build his stadium. Correct me if I'm wrong but that is a clear conflict of interest

This for real?

4 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I heard about this last year, close to turning it off already. Patriots are probably the most hated team in the NFL and fans of others teams hate watching them.

Gillislee would have caught that for sure

12 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Literally on Kraft's payroll.  lol

15 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

This can not be true. Is this true?

3 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Read it and weep. Scroll down. He's the vice president

http://www.bartonmalow.com/voices/2014-vice-president-promotions

I see he's VP and focuses on contract review and litigation, but there was no mention of any Gillette Stadium contract.  Not saying you're making things up, just that I haven't seen anything that specifically points to a possible conflict of interest.  There are many refs who I'd wonder about conflict of interest based on calls made during Patriot games.

17 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

That is interesting if true. Is this true???

1 minute ago, Cmdjr85 said:

Tennessee has had the ball almost 2 to 1 stop blaming the refs for there horrible play. The titans where never winning this game. They where one of the worst teams to make the playoffs.

No one is blaming the refs for their play. The Titans have been jobbed by the refs. The Titans have been outplayed by the Pats. Both can be true. Learn to spell.